Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian FZ1-S for sale featuring Ohlins shock, R1 front end, 19,800kms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian FZ1-S for sale featuring Ohlins shock, R1 front end, 19,800kms.

Hi all, anyone here in Australia looking for a tasty FZ1? When I put this bike together, I learned heaps of info about the mods here on this forum. Thanks to all for the info, however circumstances force me to sell my baby, as my partner is having a real baby... The bike is in Mitchelton, Brisbane and I'm asking AU$8500. Call me on 0410 696 173, cheers, Michael.

Here's a (long) ad listing which I've put together for other advertising sites...

I’m very reluctantly and sadly parting with this very special FZ1. It has been meticulously maintained its whole life of only 19,800 km and features a huge range of improvements. I bought and prepared this to serve as a competent two-up bike that can do everything, while looking amazing! My partner is pregnant so she won’t be getting back onboard for a while, so unfortunately it’s gotta go... I’ve poured so much time, effort and money into this fantastic bike. Many thousands have been spent on this machine - someone is going to get a great bike at a fraction of the cost it took to create it.

You’ll find a complete list of the bike’s modifications below, but here’s a general rundown of what it has:

The bike features a Yamaha factory retro paint scheme which was ordered from the USA, tank and fairings complete. The wheels have been powedercoated gold which really sets the bike off, along with the silver-colored motor of this model. Performance-wise it has a Power Commander and genuine GYTR carbon fiber muffler. The front sprocket is one tooth smaller (lower gearing) and I’ve fitted and calibrated a Healtech speedo healer to ensure the speedo and odo is accurate.

I was pretty disappointed with the stock suspension so I went a bit overboard and replaced it all. The bike features a brand new Ohlins shock with remote preload adjuster, which makes going from solo to pillion settings just a twist of the adjuster away. I converted the whole front end with 2009 R1 forks (with new seals and fluid service by Joe at Ride Dynamics) and radial calipers along with an R1 radial pump master cylinder, custom length braided brake lines and EBC HH pads. To complete the swap I added a carbon fiber Tyga front mudguard. The front end retains the FZ1 wheel and discs. These discs are of a larger diameter than the R1’s discs (adaptors have been used to space out the calipers) so the brakes are actually better than the R1... I love strong brakes and these are amazing.

I intended this bike to be very versatile so I added a Ventura luggage rack (sorry, no Ventura bag provided) to go with the fitted factory Yamaha accessory expanded tank bag. The bike features fancy (expensive!) Rizoma rearsets with carbon fiber heel guards along with a red Rizoma handlebar. Adjustable pillion pegs help to make the passenger comfy.

The bike has recently had new spark plugs fitted and it runs and rides perfectly and presents in virtually as-new condition. We have rarely had the chance to ride the bike since completing all the work. I’m a mature bike enthusiast and this bike has been pampered - I’m really going to miss it!

It’s registered in QLD until 2 June 2021 and has a current safety certificate. It’s located in Mitchelton, Brisbane. Give me a call on 0410 696 173 to have a chat about it, cheers, Michael.

Here’s a full list of all the bike’s improvements:

HANDLING/BRAKING

Ohlins rear shock with hydraulic preload adjuster
    2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 forks
    2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 radial brake calipers with adaptors
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 front brake master cylinder
    EBC HH brake pads
    Custom Wemoto braided brake lines front and rear
    Metzeler M7RR tyres

PERFORMANCE

Power Commander III
    GYTR Carbon Fibre Muffler
    One tooth smaller front sprocket
    Healtech speedo healer fitted and calibrated
    New NGK spark plugs

CONTROLS/BODYWORK

Retro white/red factory tank and bodywork kit
    Powdercoated gold wheels
    Rizoma handlebar
    Rizoma rearsets with Carbon Fibre heel guards
    Adjustable passenger footpegs
    Tyga Carbon Fibre front mudguard
    Carbon Fibre extender on front guard
    Carbon Fibre extender on rear hugger
    Carbon Fibre indicators front and rear
    Dark tinted windscreen
    Crash/frame protectors
    Radiator guard
    R&G tail tidy with MCS extender to keep the cops happy...
    Upgraded headlights
    Yamaha logo valve caps

LUGGAGE
    Factory Yamaha fitted expandable tank bag
    Ventura luggage rack
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

I wonder if I should consider a fly and float and ride? Should I go west or east? How about both? I could go around the world. Ha, I couldn’t go around the world unless I went the same direction coming and going. Really nice bike! GLWS

Comment

Same thoughts. Would be nice to go back down unda.

Comment

All that info but no year?....

Comment

I just checked my calendar, and it’s still 2021.

Comment

Very Nicely Put Together. GLWS.

Comment

Working...
            X