Igniter/ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igniter/ECU

Today when I went to start my 2002 FZ1 I hit the starter button and the Igniter/ECU made a buzzing ticking sound. The battery is fully charged. I see a replacement costs around $600! Ouch! Is the unit shot or can anything be done to repair it? Can I be sure that replacing the unit will solve my problem? Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering if the clicking/buzzing sound is coming from something other than the igniter/ecu? A relay possibly. Does the igniter/ecu make a clicking/buzzing sound when they go?

Comment

So that clicking and buzzing definitely sounds like a battery issue still.

Just because your battery has over 12 volts, doesn't mean its in good condition. The battery can have many issues and dip down to low voltage under load.
      A dealership or parts store should be able to to load test the battery and let you know its condition. If you don't want to go through that effort, I would try a reliable battery or use you car battery to try jumping it (MAKE SURE THE CAR IS NOT RUNNING, YOU WILL HURT YOUR BIKE!!!)

If the battery is tested and healthy, or the jump didn't work. I would check all your battery connections, and the leads to the starter relay.

Comment

You can check your battery with a volt meter. Push the starter button and observe the voltage. If it drops much below 10.5v you've got a problem.
        '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

Working...
        X