Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I look don the list and see the latest posts, but when you go to that thread, they aren't there. I posted in a meet thread a couple days ago and the post isn't there, it even says people have posted after me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neanderthal View Post
      So is this forums update complete, or is it still in progress?
      Still in progress. The database errors, and likely many others, are due to the old software we are running providing old commands to the new version of the database software. The new database software, well, it just doesn't get it. Now, if the old software were to apologize...

We are still waiting for vBulletin to convert the database and install the new software, services already paid for but not yet performed. Why is it taking so long you ask? We are asking that too.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Glenn View Post
        Still in progress. The database errors, and likely many others, are due to the old software we are running providing old commands to the new version of the database software. The new database software, well, it just doesn't get it. Now, if the old software were to apologize...

We are still waiting for vBulletin to convert the database and install the new software, services already paid for but not yet performed. Why is it taking so long you ask? We are asking that too.

Pat
        Thanks for the quick reply, your efforts are appreciated!

Comment

• Thanks Pat!

Comment

• I'm sure this has been brought up already, but the New Posts button...
            Semper Fidelis

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Comment

Pat
              Well... I expect it might have somethiing to do with IT folks working from home, during a pandemic that has lasted long enough for the liquor stores to be making home deliveries :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by KBay84 View Post
                I'm sure this has been brought up already, but the New Posts button...
                Forever a decoy. ??

Comment

.. Now, if the old software were to apologize...
                  LoL!

Originally posted by Pat Glenn View Post
                  ..We are still waiting for vBulletin to convert the database and install the new software, services already paid for but not yet performed. Why is it taking so long you ask? We are asking that too. Pat
                  If only OA had an atty. forum member willing to provide a little uhmmm.... "motivation" to help VBulletin get off the circle... On the face of it, it would seem there there are issues of specific performance, damages of various kinds, etc etc. A letter of inquiry on legal letterhead or even a "friendly"phone call to the right individual might be all that's required.

You obviously know the situation, but in the world I travel(industrial automation), this sort of dillatory response from a software vendor delivering fubar code would be addressed in a matter of days at worst, but NEVER weeks or months - ever.

When this much time passes without a fix, personally I wouldn't be expecting any positive outcome any time soon - if ever. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. I imagine that they have little financial motivation to make you whole or get off their collective asses. Good luck, and thank-you for all your efforts & hard work. I'm sorry you're having to deal with any of this.

Comment

• May be a short-term, new server issue but I'm now getting an error when I click on the latest activity tab.

....and now it's working again....carry on.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Why are we here? Because we're here....Roll the bones

Comment

• I'm not seeing birthdays listed anymore. At least not via telephone.
                      YAMAHA

Comment

• I don't think this version has that feature.

Comment

• A few issues (I use Google Chrome):

1. Many threads show the latest post at the top, many show the first, some show something in between. Is there a setting that will force the last post in a thread to float to the top?
                          2. I lost all my subscriptions.
                          3. Still have not found the setting that will let me alter the general appearance of the site - it's really "washed out" looking to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torchsport View Post
                            I'm not seeing birthdays listed anymore. At least not via telephone.
                            That means I'll never get any older
                            Why are we here? Because we're here....Roll the bones

Comment

Working...
                            X