U-Haul motorcycle trailor, help~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-Haul motorcycle trailor, help~

This is gonna be my first time doing this. Going on a two-day trip with my Tmax on the back.
    1. What do I need to secure her on the trailor? How to?
    2. Do I need to be concerned when I park the trailor on the motel's parking lot? like getting stolen and all? anyways to minimize the possibility?
    Thanks, guys
    Life is just consequncies of serial random decisions. Nothing more.

Ratcheting tie downs. Something like,

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=346826011

Might want to invest in one of these. I've used them before and I have no complaints.

http://www.canyondancer.com/

As for getting stolen, I REALLY can't imagine a Tmax is high up on the 'to-steal' list. Though, I'm sure some locks on the trailer wheels, parked under a nice and bright light and preferably under a surveillance camera I think is prudent, if possible.

Though, given that you're from Texas you might try mounting a huge Texas flag to the trailer with a fat NRA sticker... as you sit next to the trailer all night in a lawn chair with a shotgun ready to rock decked out in 'Nam war veteran garb. Just sit there rocking backing and forth in your chair mumbling things about communists coming to get you.
    Super Kinky Fuel Line Mod - Unkink your Fuel pipe on the cheap.

http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105290

Businesses love a working server, don't trust India, see an IT admin and get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Spot View Post

Might want to invest in one of these. I've used them before and I have no complaints.

http://www.canyondancer.com/

What if I don't have time to get this piece? is there other way for the handle bar?

Comment

Though, given that you're from Texas you might try mounting a huge Texas flag to the trailer with a fat NRA sticker... as you sit next to the trailer all night in a lawn chair with a shotgun ready to rock decked out in 'Nam war veteran garb. Just sit there rocking backing and forth in your chair mumbling things about communists coming to get you.
        I might just try that lol

Comment

Originally posted by jptshadow View Post
          What if I don't have time to get this piece? is there other way for the handle bar?
          Certainly, just use the straps on the bar VS the hooks. A lot of MC stores carry the Canyon Dancer harness in stock or something similar to it, might call around.

Businesses love a working server, don't trust India, see an IT admin and get rid of it.

Comment

Do not compress too much.
            Alex - 06 FZ1 Certifiable MSF Instructor

MishaCycles, Inc. OEM parts and accessories|SIDI Boots | Amsoil Dealer
            MishaCycles on Facebook

Misha Tactical Arms, Inc. on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar8000 View Post
              Do not compress too much.
              otherwise?

Comment

lock the bike to the trailer. lock the trailer to something. Put an alarm on the bike while it is stationary.

Comment

otherwise?
                  Puts undue stress on the fork seals/springs, etc.

Comment

Puts undue stress on the fork seals/springs, etc.
                    Make sense.

So centerstand of the bike is no need on the trailor, yeah?

Comment

Make sense.

So centerstand of the bike is no need on the trailor, yeah?
                      I would advise against it. I believe the U-Haul MC trailers have wheel gutter that the wheels sit in. The centerstand would only lift the rear wheel out of this/slide around.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeye96 View Post
                        lock the bike to the trailer. lock the trailer to something. Put an alarm on the bike while it is stationary.
                        Thinking about park the bike right by the lobby door, and shove the trailor to the corner of the parking lot for the night.

Comment

first floor? wheel it into your room. Put something on the floor so that oil doesn't stain the rug

Comment

UHaul MC Trailers are PIECES OF SHIT. Worst thing you can do is rent one of those. They have really small wheels and if you get your speed above 55MPH it will shake your tow vehicle to pieces. I made this mistake ONCE...

Rent a regular UHaul trailer and tie down to the four corners of it as mentioned above. EXCEPT attach the tie downs to your lower triple tree NOT the bars.
                            Last edited by Wlfman; 03-14-2011, 05:35 PM.
                            Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

Originally posted by Wlfman View Post
                              UHaul MC Trailers are PIECES OF SHIT. Worst thing you can do is rent one of those. They have really small wheels and if you get your speed above 55MPH it will shake your tow vehicle to pieces. I made this mistake ONCE...

Rent a regular UHaul trailer and tie down to the four corners of it as mentioned above. EXCEPT attached the tie downs to your lower triple tree NOT the bars.
                              Good pointer. I was looking at those wheels and they don't look so firm.

On TMax, the triple tree is all the way inside so I can only tie the handle bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X