Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Twisty road recommendations in Southwestern Florida

Group,
    I am moving from Bucks County Pa. where I have unlimited access to great twisty back roads to the Cape Coral Florida area where I have visited frequently and appears there are next to no good roads for riding. If anyone knows the Southwestern Florida area and can recommend some good areas to ride I will be moving in a few months and excited about having an extended riding season unlike Pa. but need places to ride. Any advise would be appreciated

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

I wish you good luck with that
      Why are we here? Because we're here....Roll the bones

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

---‐---------------------------------------------------

This.
          YAMAHA

Comment

IMO the price of freedom = roadtrips to curvy roads.
            05 fz1, 91 rgv250, 86 gszr750 custom, 86 gsxr1100 survivor. Cause bucket list.

Comment

Sebring doesn't look too far away.
              Sneak out on the track when nobody's looking.
              2001 Yamaha FZ1
              1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk

Comment

If you ride over to West Palm Beach, southeast Flatistan, there is a road with three quality curves, one of which involves an up/down elevation change. I used to ride those back and forth for about 20 minutes, then practice wheelies on the way home, since it was the long straight road out by the landfill. North Jog Rd/45th Street.

Basically, if you ride anywhere in south Florida, it is flat land with littl to no "twisties". Just one of many reasons I hated Florida and moved back to the mountains of north Georgia.

Maybe buy a cruiser and just ride to bars or something.

Good luck.
                -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

The only really good riding down there turned out to be track days. I hooked up with Florida Track Days group. The track setup at Homestead-Miami Speedway was excellent.
                  -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

Cape Coral ya say? I'm down that way. I haven't found a twisty (other than what I roll up) down here yet. NO PROPER ROADS HAVE BEEN BUILT IN THIS ENTIRE STATE. I suggest finding a few entry/exits to 75 and the like and go strafe with fiends.
                    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• WileECoyote
                      WileECoyote commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BTW..........you follerin me? I just left Bridgeville PA for CC

• Markyboy1961
                      Markyboy1961 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WileECoyote you moved from PA to Cape Coral (LOL) and you still have your FZ1. We have to hook up and ride. I will be selling may house by the end of Feb or Mar and will be looking for a riding partner.. I was also looking at a website call Florida Track Days at Palm Beach or Homestead Miami. I may be doing that on the weekends
                  Working...
                  X