Sargent seats-heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sargent seats-heroes

I purchased a sargent seat used from a forum member here and enjoyed it for a season and a half before I noticed the seat pan had cracked near the rubber bumpers-a known defect. Called up the customer service and Bob told me to send it down to Jacksonville Fl. I received my seat later in the month and was EXTREMELY surprised to unpack a NEW SEAT! Now mine was in pretty good condition but there were a few blemishes on the cover and I was the 3rd owner so I wasn't expecting this.....happy guy here

Zeroes+ is Canadian customs that dinged me $50 for tax duties when it was clearly labeled on the box that it was a "warranty issue repair"

That's good... but save the box and be prepared to send it back in due time.
    - Moderation is my weakness. -me
    //Donnie
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Inventory;
    - 02 FZ1 (Gen 1),
    - 05 Yamaha WR450
    - 06 Yamaha TTR50
    - 06 Kawasaki KLX 125

Comment

Interesting. I've had mine for a couple years now and no issues, even with all the two-up riding. Glad to hear the company helped you out, even though there was no obligation. Great customer service.

Sorry to hear about the gubmint taxes though.
      -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

It kind of makes sense. Labor to switch everything over to a new pan is probably more than their costs on the foam and cover.
        '01 FZ1 set up for distance
        '07 FZ1 set up for fun
        (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

I've always wanted to try a Sgt, so when people had problems I paid attention. Some people have sent their's back at least 2 times for that same cracked issue. I don't know that anyone has made any correlation to weight or anything...only that it happens.

I think one person that sent one back said they would warranty it for 5 years.
          - Moderation is my weakness. -me
          //Donnie
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          Inventory;
          - 02 FZ1 (Gen 1),
          - 05 Yamaha WR450
          - 06 Yamaha TTR50
          - 06 Kawasaki KLX 125

Comment

The seat pan on the new seat doesn't have that carbon fiber look but I can't confirm if the material itself is thicker or stronger. I guess time will tell. Yes i will be keeping the box but hopefully it won't be needed
            cheers

Comment

This is good to hear. I just purchased a used Sargent seat here on the forum, and all of the posts are cracked, unknown to me. So much for a "good condition" seat. The seat cover itself looks to be in great shape but the old carbon fiber look seat pan has multiple cracks around the rubber posts.

EDIT: I sent a message to Sargent, and they're being a great help. Here's the message I got from them: (couldn't be happier about their response)

---
              Hello Mark-
              If you would like, box up the seat and send it to us. While your seat is not under warranty we feel that our seat pans should not crack. If you are willing to pay return shipping (29.95) we will replace the base pan and send the seat back to you. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
              Last edited by jointbeaker; 04-13-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X