Partshark almost hosed me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partshark almost hosed me

I placed 2 separate orders with Partshark. one was for tank graphics to be shipped to Dean and the other was the OEM parts I needed to replace coming to my home. I assumed Dean had already gotten the graphics. I had to call and find out that they decided to go ahead and combine my orders and ship them all to my home. I calmly explained that they screwed me over by charging me for shipping that never happened. They refunded my shipping and e-mailed me a UPS call tag on the 25th to ship the graphics on to Dean. They were delivered today.
    Loosenut
    A.K.A. Mike
    YouTube channel - Loosenut FZ

2016 Yamaha FZ-09
    1997 Honda GoldWing
    2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)

Why would they do that? You think they would call. Whats wrong with these companies!

Just last week I ordered some parts for my old kz550 from partzilla. They collected my 200 dollars in payment even though they did not even have the parts- and it took them over a week to tell me that they did not even have most of the parts. I had to ask for money back. Its been over 2 weeks and I still dont have the parts that they said were in stock. Why wouldnt they be up front? How about just saying they dont have some of the parts and the other parts would take 3 weeks. I would have said ok and I would be a happy customer instead of one that wont go back for a while.

Sorry to hijack your thread but customer relations.

Anybody else need to vent???

Comment

They are in the process of moving to a new location, things are hectic there.
      They are also looking for help, they need phone, counter and mechanical help.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
        They are in the process of moving to a new location, things are hectic there.
        They are also looking for help, they need phone, counter and mechanical help.
        Partzilla or Partshark?
        Partzilla/Revzilla is always looking for phone/counter help. I guess the local "enthusiasts" can't be trusted around the inventory.

To the OP separate shipping addresses always seem to get screwed up.
        When possible get it shipped to you, examine it then send it out from there.
        Don

Comment

I made the orders 1 day apart. If I wanted tank graphics to come to me, I would have ordered it that way. If they can't handle something as simple as a different ship to address, then they don't need my business. I might want something shipped as a gift or to somewhere I might need it to be when I arrive. They fixed it the quickest way they could by sending me a shipping label and refunding the shipping charge.
          Loosenut
          A.K.A. Mike

2016 Yamaha FZ-09
          1997 Honda GoldWing
          2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

Comment

I hear you Mike and agree they screwed up but it sounds like they made good. I've always had good experiences with Partshark.
            Ken in Maryland
            10 Raider (sold)
            08 FZ1 (sold)

JOIN THE AMA
            Helmet Fact
            My local powder coater

Comment

Sometimes there are issues with shipping an order to an address other than the billing address for the credit card... I don't know if this is the case here.. but I have ran into that issue myself in the past...

As far as part shark is concerned.. I know that there have been some changes in personnel & management recently... and they are constantly trying to improve efficiency to bring the costs down to the consumer... But it's a long and arduous process!!! Not to long ago you couldn't even talk to a live person on the phone if you had an issue.. all communication was via email... which wasn't exactly timely or efficient!!!

Comment

When you get an e-mail confirmation with the correct ship to address, you should expect it to ship to that address. No? Call me old fashioned, but that's what I expect. And no, my card is not restricted. I actually talked to human who told me they screwed up. Stop making excuses for them as they made none to me. They apologized and fixed it the fastest way they could. I am not unhappy, but would have rather not have had to deal with it and had it happen as it should have. I lucked out and ran into a UPS guy at lunch when I was leaving to head to the UPS store. So, all I had to do is waste 10 minutes on the phone ( I do tech support and hate the phone now) print the shipping label, put the graphics back in the box, tape it shut, attach the label and hand it to a UPS driver.
                Loosenut
                A.K.A. Mike

2016 Yamaha FZ-09
                1997 Honda GoldWing
                2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

Comment

Agreed^

You know what? It's okay to be pissed off about stuff sometimes. Especially at a business. Or stupid people. Or screw ups. Sick of the happy go lucky attitudes. I'm a grouch.

Rage away. I understand the feeling.

I'm actually about to call them as well because they didn't include stuff in my order.....SMFH

Comment

Originally posted by loosenut View Post
                    They refunded my shipping and e-mailed me a UPS call tag on the 25th to ship the graphics on to Dean. They were delivered today.
                    So I guess almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
                    It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

Working...
                    X