More Random Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is your horse carrying a frisbee?
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Punishment is its own reward. IBA MEMBER 27716!

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post
        Why is your horse carrying a frisbee?
        I really should get a sleigh to exercise him in the winter.

Comment

• We don't do that 'winter wonderland' s#it down here too well ...

Actually, just playin' with low camera angle ... we got 5 inches during the first snow storm, still quite a bit for us ...

On Monday morning, it was 7, got to a high of 15 and didn't get above freezing until Wednesday. 'Rolling' power outages rolled to a stop, where we would be without power for 6 or more hours at a time. We kept a fireplace burning, and dripped faucets, but our pipes still froze. We lucked out without busted pipes ... neighbors were not so lucky.
          The birds had a tough time, and were waiting for their turn to dine.

Doug Smith
          Blue '01

Comment

• Ooh, nice shots, love the sculptures in the snow and the White-winged Doves!
            Punishment is its own reward. IBA MEMBER 27716!

Comment

• Originally posted by fz1azul View Post
              we would be without power for 6 or more hours at a time. We kept a fireplace burning, and dripped faucets, but our pipes still froze. We lucked out without busted pipes ... neighbors were not so lucky.
              What temp did the main part of the house get down to that your pipes froze? I mean, obviously freezing temps at the pipe, but I'd expect that was somewhere around the exterior of the house.

Plumbing problems probably scare me more than just about anything.
              '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

• Originally posted by Longboardr View Post

What temp did the main part of the house get down to that your pipes froze? I mean, obviously freezing temps at the pipe, but I'd expect that was somewhere around the exterior of the house.

Plumbing problems probably scare me more than just about anything.
                In our sub-division house (built in 1986), I'm guessing the pipes froze as they came out of the slab foundation... Upstairs master bath, kitchen & laundry (north exterior wall) all stopped flowing first, even after dripping hot and cold faucets. Two other bathrooms kept running until Tuesday. Water pressure was low or non-existent in some areas of town, due to city water relay pumps freezing up. Huge, brand new three-story apartment complex two miles north of us burned to the ground 'cause the hydrants were frozen. It got down to 50 at our thermostat LCD screen, but it seemed colder than that ... should've taken readings throughout the house. We dodged a bullet ( I hope), unlike many of our neighbors. (You probably saw all the videos on the news). Water service to all city areas restored last Saturday, but we had to boil the water in our area until Tuesday. And yesterdays temperature? 78
                Doug Smith
                Blue '01

Comment

• I can't imagine having to go through that. Did you escape to Mexico? I had a pipe burst a few years ago when the woman who I was living with left the garage door open when it was around 20 degrees. I have a sink, a toilet and a spigot in my garage so I keep it above freezing in the winter. But not this time. Luckily I also have a floor drain in the garage so the damage was minimal. Just some wet drywall and the pipe of course. Easy fix.

I look forward to 78 degrees! I'm in Bend Oregon at the moment and Mt. Bachelor shut down yesterday and today due to extreme winds. I thought that the house was going to blow down last night. We also had a blizzard this morning. Apparently there is a huge amount of new snow on the mountain so skiing will be great when the wind stops.
                  '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

• Originally posted by Cougar View Post
                    I can't imagine having to go through that. Did you escape to Mexico? I had a pipe burst a few years ago when the woman who I was living with left the garage door open when it was around 20 degrees. I have a sink, a toilet and a spigot in my garage so I keep it above freezing in the winter. But not this time. Luckily I also have a floor drain in the garage so the damage was minimal. Just some wet drywall and the pipe of course. Easy fix.

I look forward to 78 degrees! I'm in Bend Oregon at the moment and Mt. Bachelor shut down yesterday and today due to extreme winds. I thought that the house was going to blow down last night. We also had a blizzard this morning. Apparently there is a huge amount of new snow on the mountain so skiing will be great when the wind stops.
                    I would've loved to go farther south, but they closed the airport & all the major roads/highways for the first two days. We don't have snow removal equipment down here...TXDoT spread crushed rock on bridges & overpasses and cleared what they could with graders. Freezing rain, then 5 inches of snow on top brought this place to a halt.
                    You were fortunate it was a pipe break in a garage with a drain. I've had a copper pipe leak once. Not due to freezing ... it was just a thin spot on the line that sprung a leak in the upstairs bathroom: later, it started raining in the downstairs breakfast room.
                    I grew up along the Indiana-Michigan border & saw a lot of lake-effect snow back then. Nowadays, if I want to experience that 'winter wonderland' feeling, I prefer to travel to (and the option to leave) it.

That being said, we did have a second snow event a few days later (about 3 inches). It was mid 30's this time around, so I took backroads to the downtown area & got some Alamo and Riverwalk snowy pix.

Doug Smith
                    Blue '01

Comment

• KBay84
                      KBay84 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're making me homesick!

• Nice!

Comment

• This one is just for Wile. To quote myself when I saw it, "there's never a coyote and roadrunner around when you need them."

Comment

• I love the Riverwalk! That is one of the coolest places that I have been. And I'm with you that I'd rather visit snow and cold than live with it but it is my lot in life. Whatcha gonna do?
                        '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

Working...
                        X