2021 GP of the Americas @ COTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GP of the Americas @ COTA

We're very fortunate to live an hours drive from Circuit of The Americas. Also happy that Dorna decided (in July) to hold the delayed U.S MotoGP event last weekend. Early October in south Texas can still be hot ... but partly cloudy skies helped a bit, keeping temps around 90 on Sunday. Still, most pix I shot were from my T-12 bleacher seat, as hauling that DSLR/600 zoom lens combo around got old quick! (Spoiler alert - photos do indicate final outcome. ).

Good on Rins, honoring #69

Opps! Nakagami down early @ T-12, but got going and finished 17th

Doug Smith
    Blue '01

Those are some really nice shots
    Why are we here? Because we're here....Roll the bones

Comment

• fz1azul
      fz1azul commented
      Editing a comment
      ..Thanks!..

Thanks for the pictures. Very nice.

Too bad the track somewhat resembles a motocross course with all the bumps.
    2001 Yamaha FZ1
    1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk

Comment

Originally posted by killer5280 View Post
      Thanks for the pictures. Very nice.

Too bad the track somewhat resembles a motocross course with all the bumps.
      They're gonna have to fix that for next year...
      MotoGP’s return to America for the first time since 2019 has hardly been the positive affair it would have hoped for, as safety concerns were raised by riders after Friday.
      Doug Smith
      Blue '01

Comment

I was in T12 as well, really liked those seats, good views

Comment

Great shots!

As someone that doesn't follow the sport, do they consider the screens across the pipe ends to be spark arrestors?
          '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

Had to look it up...........the mesh end caps prevent gravel from getting into the exhaust in a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by rswebscan View Post
              Those are some really nice shots
              + 1
              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Comment

Fantastic shots. I had hoped to attend. Maybe next time. Unless they pull the plug due to the bumps.
                YAMAHA

Comment

Thanks Doug! Those are great!
                  "‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Comment

Just WOW Doug! Fantastic shots as usual. I didn't make it this year but I hope to next year.
                    '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

Thanks again all, for the kind comments. T12 were good seats ... sitting close to the right edge of the bleachers did give me a good view of turns 12 to 16. But the crowd would all stand when Marquez was on the long straight approaching 12, and only sat down when the rest of the field had past. That pretty much made it impossible to get any shots on the long straight. If I go next year, I'll try for a higher row than 10. Glad I went & saw Rossi at the end of his MotoGP career.
                      Doug Smith
                      Blue '01

Comment

Originally posted by fz1azul
                        Glad I went & saw Rossi at the end of his MotoGP career.
                        That was a great thing to do. Why didn't I think about that?
                        "‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                        X