To sell or keep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
    To lower the feet you can use Buell pegs, there’s already many write ups on this, so I won’t go into detail, just search for it.

Handlebars, you can run a adjustable riser, which will require rerouting the cables and wiring if you haven’t dropped your forks in the trees. Pretty much any 7/8 riser will work. Or, you can buy a renthal(or other make) handlebar with a taller bend. This will require drilling new holes for the control switch mounting, and drilling and tapping the bars for bar ends, or just run aftermarkets.
    Would prefer not to need any drilling!

Was looking at these>
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-up-1-2...tNEg:rk:2:pf:0

Originally posted by barryc View Post
    They are called Rox Risers and they bolt to the stock riser and raise the handlebars an inch and a half. Simple job and no need to reroute anything.
    They worked for me ��
    But maybe investing in the Rox offerings are considerably better and will offer more of what I need in terms of reducing the strain on upper back between blades and left shoulder/neck!
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rox-Spee...5.c10#viTabs_0
    These I assume? Will the cables reach fine and dandy?

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
    Aren't the FZ8 risers a bit taller than those on the FZ1? Or do the FZ8 bars have more upsweep? Either way, you can use some FZ8 parts to bring your bars up an inch or two.

A thicker seat will also straighten your legs a little bit
    FZ8 parts? such as?!!!

Originally posted by Stella Blue View Post
    GutterPoet, I have a set of Buell foot pegs that you can have gratis, but you pay shipping. I have no idea what it would cost to ship them down under, but probably not too much. They are brand new, never installed. I got them from a forum member in the People’s Republic of Charlotte, NC, but lost interest in putting them on. The caveat is, I have to find them.
    I have emailed you with eagerness to take up your kind offer, comrade!

I have been surprised by how the change in position from hornet to FZ has affected the same old weaknesses, when the change in lean angle doesn;t seem too hefty. But I suppose its also the position of the knees and feet (which are both higher) and the slightly more forward lean, perhaps also wider bars? and the power is far more frenetic, and the brakes (or my braking!) much more abrupt!

I very much appreciate the advice of you fine folks in helping me try whatever I can to make the ride less painful and to keep my beloved devil steed!
    Last edited by thegutterpoet; 11-04-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegutterpoet View Post
      Would prefer not to need any drilling!

Was looking at these>
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-up-1-2...tNEg:rk:2:pf:0

But maybe investing in the Rox offerings are considerably better and will offer more of what I need in terms of reducing the strain on upper back between blades and left shoulder/neck!
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rox-Spee...5.c10#viTabs_0
      These I assume?
      Yep, those Rox risers are the ones usually recommended. Can help you fine tune the riding position youíre looking for.

A different handlebar isnít difficult to install, you need to drill 3 holes in the new handlebar for the gen 2. I forget what size drill bits you need, but just use the old handlebar to size the bit. You need to drill holes for the left handlebar switch, the right handlebar switch, and the throttle tube bracket. Each of those has a locating hole in the handlebar to keep the switches from rotating out of place. Just set the old handlebar beside the new one to mark where the holes need to be.

Itís maybe a hour job installing the new handlebar, the hardest part will be drilling and tapping the ends if you want to run stock bar ends. Aftermarkets will slide right in and tighten down.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
        Yep, those Rox risers are the ones usually recommended. Can help you fine tune the riding position youíre looking for.

A different handlebar isnít difficult to install, you need to drill 3 holes in the new handlebar for the gen 2. I forget what size drill bits you need, but just use the old handlebar to size the bit. You need to drill holes for the left handlebar switch, the right handlebar switch, and the throttle tube bracket. Each of those has a locating hole in the handlebar to keep the switches from rotating out of place. Just set the old handlebar beside the new one to mark where the holes need to be.

Itís maybe a hour job installing the new handlebar, the hardest part will be drilling and tapping the ends if you want to run stock bar ends. Aftermarkets will slide right in and tighten down.

Do I need a new handlebar to use the Rox risers I linked to? I assumed not and will avoid anything which requires the purchase of a drill!

Comment

No.
          2002 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Yep, not looking to drill, but am close to choosing the Rox 2inch risers.

Just need to confirm first that I also need to get two new front brake lines?

And if so, where to get them without spending a bomb.

Would these do?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-F...9Hv5:rk:1:pf:0
            Last edited by thegutterpoet; 11-05-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I don't know how tall you are, but in my case at 6'3", I find that the stock foot peg position is IMPROVED by installing rear sets and moving the pegs farther back and UP. It changes the angle of my hips in relation to my torso and is more comfortable. Risers are only going to help so much.

Comment

Handlebar risers for some reason made a ton of difference in comfort for me.

I have the 7/8 riser, but you can also get "up and back" risers as well.

They might make the difference you need without having to deal with the foot pegs.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...CABEgI1fPD_BwE
                Not sure what I should put down for my signature.....

Comment

Working...
                X