Sellers remorse - 2003 Gen1 FZ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellers remorse - 2003 Gen1 FZ1

I ride a lot but have shifted to more dirt and long range multi-surface off the beaten path riding these days. So my old faithful Bumble Bee has sat for 5 years tucked away safely in my basement. With just an occasional wipe down. It represents a lot of fond memories and I was happy to just let it sit and never really entertained selling it.

My daughters boy friend caught wind of my hidden treasure and feels the burning desire to possess it. I thought about it for awhile and finally relented. Bikes are meant to be ridden after all. So I gave him the choice of buying it for next to nothing as it sat or a still killer friends and family deal on it with me getting it running and going thru it. He chose the latter so I pulled it out of the basement and into the garage and set to work. New battery, all fresh fluids, carbs cleaned, even got him a new chain and sprockets on the way. Took it for a spin and MAN... when I pulled back into the garage I was thinking to myself "Nope, I ain't never selling this bike!" But if I'm honest with myself it needs to be ridden more than I'll ride it. I have three other bikes that get ridden more.

Anyways, It's been a long time since I hung out on here and with my baby going I thought I'd check in one last time. Cheers for all the help, talk, and advice over the years. Raise a glass in toast to one of the greatest bikes Yamaha ever made!

Last photo I'll probably take of her. 36,000 miles, Factory-pro jet kit and ign advance, S2 bars, Mivv exhaust. Traxxion suspension, Soupys shock lin, Holeshot Air induction removal kit. Runs like an angry bull, Sigh...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by windblown; 04-07-2021, 09:08 AM.

I can relate. I just sold my Connie and resurrected my 2003. It has 120k and still runs like a champ. Aint worth selling and afraid Id regret it if I gave it away.
    I hope you dont.

Comment

Up at Deal’s Gap yesterday and a young lady in the group I’ve been riding with exclaimed “another FZ1!” as probably the 3rd or 4th Gen 1 that was rotating in the area pulled into the parking lot. I looked at her and explained “they’re just that good!”. They’re an easy bike to love, rewarding and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by _Will_ View Post
        Up at Deal’s Gap yesterday and a young lady in the group I’ve been riding with exclaimed “another FZ1!” as probably the 3rd or 4th Gen 1 that was rotating in the area pulled into the parking lot. I looked at her and explained “they’re just that good!”. They’re an easy bike to love, rewarding and fun.
        Nice. Yeah, it was great to ride it again. Such a fun bike. If I were ready to transition back to mostly all pavement and didn't have a habit of dropping off the pavement at the slightest excuse to go explore it would get a lot of exercise. If the young buck doesn't snag it up for some reason it's not going to hurt my feelings to keep it. She cleaned up very nicely.

stream51024x768.jpg

Comment

Your title hit the nail on the head, sellers remorse. Sucks to get rid of a fine tool in the box. Even if only a ride a month, it wouldn't be worth the money you'd get for it, but then it sounds like you have a good plan. With any luck he'll stick around and you can still enjoy the occasional ride.

I now own three, mine, one for each son. Their job is to maintain, and ride occasionally, which they do. Bikes are still mine, but if they destroy it, they pay for it.
          -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

I hear you, my bike mostly sits as I went to the dirt side many moons ago. I can't see being without a street bike though and it don't eat much so it waits patiently for me to remember I own a rocket ship
            '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
              Your title hit the nail on the head, sellers remorse. Sucks to get rid of a fine tool in the box. Even if only a ride a month, it wouldn't be worth the money you'd get for it, but then it sounds like you have a good plan. With any luck he'll stick around and you can still enjoy the occasional ride.

I now own three, mine, one for each son. Their job is to maintain, and ride occasionally, which they do. Bikes are still mine, but if they destroy it, they pay for it.
              I feel the pain of sellers remorse all the time...I'm starting to think I just like to tinker and spend money.

Comment

• old77zrider
                old77zrider commented
                Editing a comment
                Please See Below

Originally posted by bmidd View Post

I feel the pain of sellers remorse all the time...I'm starting to think I just like to tinker and spend money.
              Can you give everyone here an idea about your money spending/tinkering problem by providing a complete list of the bikes you've owned over the last ten years?......and which one(s) you have they greatest remorse parting with?

There are a few, aren't there?

Comment

Working...
              X