block off plates????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block off plates????

So I just got a 2009 fz1, this is my second fz1. I went to look at it and it was taken care of. I got a small pile of parts. I had to ask what 2 of them were, cables were short and some plates. I was told they were block off plates to stop some air flow. The cables were for it. They had put on a slip on and that was all the mods done to the bike. WHAT are they for???? They had no tune on it, the bike ran fine, made me feel normal again. So if you know what they are for let me know and should they be on or off. If there should be a tune to it after they pulled it off. Thanks
    harry

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/g...ck-off-plates/

Comment

Originally posted by buelldude View Post
      So I just got a 2009 fz1, this is my second fz1. I went to look at it and it was taken care of. I got a small pile of parts. I had to ask what 2 of them were, cables were short and some plates. I was told they were block off plates to stop some air flow. The cables were for it. They had put on a slip on and that was all the mods done to the bike. WHAT are they for???? They had no tune on it, the bike ran fine, made me feel normal again. So if you know what they are for let me know and should they be on or off. If there should be a tune to it after they pulled it off. Thanks
      Pictures?
      '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

I think you said the bike had a slip on. I’m surmising that the cables are for the X up valve. Nothing to worry about. The plates, I’m not sure unless you mean flies, and I am an illiterate fly person, so somebody else will have to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by buelldude View Post
          AIS block off plates.

Comment

Working...
          X