How many does this make for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many does this make for you?

So back in 2000 I read up on this new bike, FZ1 wow did it look great! So I got one, made me think of my old naked FZX 700. I have always liked Yamaha and have had many road/off-road bikes/quads but the FZ1 has always been big on my list. I just started looking for another one 6 months ago and saw the MT10 and had to go sit on one, its hell being old and short. I have never been able to sit flat footed on any of my Yamahas. I think the 2014 FJR was really the highest seat that I put up with! Back to the MT10, it felt high and compact. I knew it was fast and wanted one. Since all this covid stuff hit I couldn't find a new one to check out. I found a few used FZ10 but they were still asking new prices. I said BS, what about a FZ1 in good shape??? I got on CL/market place and there were many. I found this one close by and it was in good shape and needed some love.
    So 2009 blue and in good shape was what I got for 1/3 the price of a used mt/fz10. So this makes this my second FZ1 and I have about 500 miles on it in the two weeks of having it.

How many have you had?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    harry

I'm in New England. Population density, urban sprawl limit when and where a bike can be used at the speeds they are capable of. Point being there is nowhere near me to use much more performance that a Gen 1 can accomplish.

I could have written your first sentence about the release of Gen 1s back at the turn of the millennium. Picked up my bike and a brand new Tacoma in the same deal.

Was parked on the side of the road taking a break a few days ago and a bike went past and then quickly came back to talk.

The young guy noticed my Gen 1 and had a million questions about them because he was picking up a used 05 with 5K miles on it for $3K. He was new to motorcycles and it was great to see how stoked he was about his new to him bike. I tried to convince him to join FZ1oa, we'll have to see if he pops up.

Comment

One, but since I started riding back in the mid 80's and have only sold two motorcycles it's not hard to believe my FZ1 is still in the stable
      '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

sounds good, glad to see we still have some of us here!!!
        harry

Comment

I've had two '06's. I totaled the first one a year after I bought it new. I found a new '06 after my crash on May 5th, 2007. I still have it and I can't imagine getting rid of it.
          '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

I currently have two gen.1's. 2002 with 128,947 miles on it, and a 2001 that I obtained from Pat G., with now 34,637 miles on it. Barely broken in that one! Lol!

Two of the best bikes I have ever owned, and I have owned over thirty five in my bike ownership, of fifty eight years.

Dean
            Dean Dinnetz

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Dinnetz View Post
              I currently have two gen.1's. 2002 with 128,947 miles on it, and a 2001 that I obtained from Pat G., with now 34,637 miles on it. Barely broken in that one! Lol!

Two of the best bikes I have ever owned, and I have owned over thirty five in my bike ownership, of fifty eight years.

Dean
              nice, that is many miles.
              harry

Comment

I've had one FZ1 and have another. The first was a 2005 and totaled due to a deer strike at 96,xxx miles. The current one is a 2005 that just turned over 100,000 miles.

Man are these fun motorcycles. I guess all motorcycles are fun, but FZ1s are funner.

Comment

Got my first fz1 2 years ago, 05 liquid silver. Wanted one since they were new. Its about to crack 29k, i'll have it for the rest of my life.
                  05 fz1, 91 rgv250, 86 gszr750 custom, 86 gsxr1100 survivor. Cause bucket list.

Comment

Six.
                    2002 Silver

2001 Black

2002 Blue

2005 Silver

2001 Silver (Current)

2007 Fastest Blue

Comment

One, 20 years, 105k miles. Put in an order as soon as they were announced for the US and had the first one that came into the dealer. Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a ZRX before the FZ1 was announced. Don't plan on getting rid of it.

Comment

1) 2002 Blue
                        2) 2007 Silver
                        3) 2009 Charcoal then retro

All sold sadly. Still like to hang out with y'all.

............and like so many here, I've had many, many other bikes.
                        Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

Solamente Stella Blue, just her, just one since 30 years of raising kids. She’s an ‘07, and I’ve had her since she was born.I don’t know if I should sell her, trade her in, or restore her. She’s so damn beautiful! She’s art!

Comment

nice
                            harry

Comment

I've had four FZ1, first one was an '03 Silver, then I got a '08 Red, a '06 with the retro kit and now a '12 black with only 2.300 kms barely broken in...this is my favorite bike of all.
                              2006 FZ1

Comment

Working...
                              X