Just Purchased an '05 FZ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Purchased an '05 FZ1

Over the years, I've owned two Gen 2's and finally got my mitts on a Gen 1. It's a very nice example, unmolested with 19.5K on the clock. The previous owner has owned four Gen 1's (currently owns a Skunk), so he was a great steward and owner. I took it to my mechanic for a carb sync, steel braided brake lines, and new rubber. My last bike was '20 KTM 790 Duke. Lot's of fun, but a pure toy. The FZ1 will be my "do everything bike."
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Penske 8983, CRG Levers, Symtec Heated Grips, Powerlet Outlet, Ivan's Flies, PCIII & IM (Ivan's Map), FCE, AIS Block Off Plates, Lars Airbox Mod, K&N Filter, Yoshimura R-77 FS, Center Stand Removed, Yamaha Swingarm Spools.

That is a nice example. Are you missing the higher hp of the Gen 2?

Comment

Makes me genuinely happy seeing clean/stock models still looking great out in the wild

Comment

That's a sweet ride! I've owned 2 Gen II's but I've also ridden 2 Gen I bikes. I love my Gen II but I'd take a Gen I anytime. They are just great bikes with better mileage than the Gen II and a bigger fuel tank, so they are really great touring bikes. You done good!
        '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

Looks clean from here. Nice!
          2001 Yamaha FZ1
          1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk

Comment

Thanks Guys! No, not that the Gen 2 was in any way under powered, but I do like what feels like a bit more down low grunt (where I do 90% of my riding) of the Gen 1. With the carb sync completed, the bike just has that jet turbine feel - the power just keeps building and I love it! The bike fuels pretty near damn perfectly. Hard to believe it's not EFI. I had a very close friend and riding buddy of 30 years, Blair, who passed suddenly in his sleep last year. He had an '02 Gen 1 with 85k on the clock & it always looked pristine. Blair was a true rider, and also owned two Hondas (XR600 &CB-1), a 1981 BMW R100s as well as a Ducati 900ss SL. He always told me that the Gen 1 "is one of the best all around MC's every made", and every time I throw a leg over it, I think of my buddy. Now for some serious detailing & TLC for my new to me Sport Touring magic carpet ride.
            Penske 8983, CRG Levers, Symtec Heated Grips, Powerlet Outlet, Ivan's Flies, PCIII & IM (Ivan's Map), FCE, AIS Block Off Plates, Lars Airbox Mod, K&N Filter, Yoshimura R-77 FS, Center Stand Removed, Yamaha Swingarm Spools.

Comment

Working...
            X