What did you do to your FZ today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cruzman View Post
    A little old news from about a month ago. I sold Stella. She is in good hands with BMID. Now is is busy fixing all of those little things that I just sort of lived with as she was not getting much love for the last 4 years. But I'm busy riding a new to me C14 which was great as my wife is now getting to get out on two with me as a pilon. "New Moto Wife"
    I sold my Connie last month because my wife WOULDNT ride with me. Enjoy! It really is a great bike. Its a bit heavy moving it around in the garage but under power it feels much lighter.
    I think Im going to miss that shaft drive..

Comment

• Since the Rally last week, I have installed the Penske from the Ed bike, a new front fender from an 02 R1, which matches the bike perfectly. I've installed the Rizoma fat bar and 60mm risers from http://www.pjschurchofspeed.com/

I ordered new fairing inserts and some associated hardware and came across a good deal on a Brembo RCS19 on Facebook Marketplace. I debated a bit on the Brembo, but the R6 master rebuild kit was ~$60, so wtf, it's only money. After that stuff is installed, I may be done. Unless I feel froggy and reach out to Raven Rider and inquire about the R6 wheel swap...and then get them powder coated that nice metallic blue, like the newer MTs.

Comment

• Replaced the small radiator hose on my Gen 1. The 5" long one behind the headers. Took way too long. Should have pulled the headers right off the bat and it would have taken 15 minutes. Instead tried to work behind the headers and it took 4 hours. Was worried I snap a bolt working on the exhaust. Oh well it's done and it was a mostly rainy day. I bought a foot of radiator hose at the auto parts store. Didn't want to wait 10 days for online purchase of a stock part.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmidd View Post

Bmidd, I have those same scratches on my Gen 1's frame neck caused by the tab on the tank. Covered mine with some duck tape, couldn't bear to look at them any more.

Comment

• Rebuilding my wreck on the cheap. Custom by crash!
            Tail plastic is expensive so i chopped it off. Handrails are gone too. The front fairing was hammered so I cut that down too. The sides of the headlights are now exposed and it looks like a partial bezel but it will allow mounting of a small windshield.
            Ordered an aftermarket tail light, new sliders and a used rear brake mount bracket with a brake pedal. I am filling the tank dents and rattle can coating it.

I still need to order handlebars. Any suggestions? Remember.....this is on the cheap!

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Comment

• Rebuilding my wreck on the cheap. Custom by crash!
              Tail plastic is expensive so i chopped it off. Handrails are gone too. The front fairing was hammered so I cut that down too. The sides of the headlights are now exposed and it looks like a partial bezel but it will allow mounting of a small windshield.
              Ordered an aftermarket tail light, new sliders and a used rear brake mount bracket with a brake pedal. I am filling the tank dents and rattle can coating it.

I still need to order handlebars. Any suggestions? Remember.....this is on the cheap!

fairing mod A.JPG Modded Tail A.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by old77zrider View Post
                Rebuilding my wreck on the cheap. Custom by crash!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...d-7d9fa9173a81

Perfectly good skunk tail for 75.

Comment

• old77zrider
                  old77zrider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too bad I didnt post earlier. If you notice, I already chopped the tail of the frame off.
                  I was going to chop off more and chop the seat too.

• Cruzman
                  Cruzman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let us know how it turns out. Seen more picks when you are further along.

• Got the ol girl out for a ride today. Even after sitting for what seems like forever, she fired right up. Idled a little rough until it cleared and then ran fine. She still doesn't disappoint even at 18 years old and a tick over 52,000 miles. Unfortunately some rain was moving in so I decided to skip a photo op and boogie back home. The only thing wrong was my speedometer wasn't working properly. Kept registering 10 MPH regardless of speed. Odometer affected as well. Might be the Speed-o-healer unit, but I'll find out this next weekend when I can work on it.
                "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by old77zrider View Post
                  Rebuilding my wreck on the cheap. Custom by crash!

You could go for something like this one. Unfortunately I can't find the very short thread on this bike anymore. I think he also replaced the front end with a CBR front end. The can was from an R6, if I recall...

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy. Let's go exploring!!"

nekkid 2005 FZ1 - re-jetted by RavenRider - airbox mod - AIS removed - Holeshot 3 degree timing advancer - shortened GYTR CF slip-on - Traxxion AK20's and 1.0 springs - Hyperco shock by Traxxion - Corbin - CRG lane splitters - GSG sliders - R1 shift arm - Devilsyam frame plugs - Spiegler front braided brake lines - GYTR low mount - LSL Urban headlight - Pazzo levers

Comment

• Put an $8 led flasher on it so my proton signals stop flashing 100mph.
                    Chuck P
                    2003 FZ1
                    2007 FJR1300A
                    http://www.oldjeep.com

Comment

• Put my FZ1 away for the winter

Still nice out but I have to start winterizing somewhere and I figure I'll be on the new FJR a lot. Did 2100 miles this year. Still an awesome bike.

Comment

• Finally fit a Penske on the back end of the retro. After the first Penske shop was less than stellar, this got sent to Traxxion to get things sorted out. They ended up sending the wrong mount bracket, but quickly replied with tracking information for the correct piece.

Currently holding the res with some thick zipties...which will be fine for sitting on a stand, while northern Illinois has some weather....

Next up, 08 R1 forks. Calipers have been rebuilt with seals and pads, and R1 master cleaned up....with the rebuild kit yet to be dropped in.

Almost there.

Comment

• It's rather annoying that for the cost of the Penske, they do not provide a more "elegant" way to mount that remote. Hopefully, the Traxxion mount is nice. I was supplied supplied a couple rubber "nubs" and two cheapo hose clamps with the unit I got for my Street Triple, pretty chincy for something that cost over $750 at the time. Bought it from SpeedKing something or other.

Comment

• jointbeaker
                            jointbeaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            FWIW, Traxxion has been great to deal with. They sell a mount bracket for around twenty bucks, that goes between the frame and rear passenger peg arm. When the reworked shock was completed and shipped back, they had included the wrong mount. A quick email to the sales manager with dimensions resulted in a reply with tracking information for the correct bracket. Should be here tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Planning on using rubber stand-offs and hose clamps. I've seen others using black electrical tape to cover up the clamps just to make things look clean...we'll see about that.

• About six months ago I picked up a fully re-built Penske shock, with remote bladder from a member here. Quite possibly the best four hundred bucks, I ever spent on my 2001 FZ1 that I obtained from Pat G., a few years ago.

Anyway, the shock with bladder came with zero mounting hardware, for the bladder. No big deal. I wrapped the upper rear frame rail that I mounted the bladder to, with a couple wraps of Gorilla Tape on the mounting areas and then wrapped around the bladder so I do not put scratches on either one. Then Ace Hardware supplied large stainless steel hose clamps, to attach said bladder to the frame rail.

Done deal, and it all is secure, and looks good.

Dean
                          Dean Dinnetz

Comment

Working...
                          X