What did you do to your FZ today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dean Dinnetz View Post
    About six months ago I picked up a fully re-built Penske shock, with remote bladder from a member here. Quite possibly the best four hundred bucks, I ever spent on my 2001 FZ1 that I obtained from Pat G., a few years ago.

Anyway, the shock with bladder came with zero mounting hardware, for the bladder. No big deal. I wrapped the upper rear frame rail that I mounted the bladder to, with a couple wraps of Gorilla Tape on the mounting areas and then wrapped around the bladder so I do not put scratches on either one. Then Ace Hardware supplied large stainless steel hose clamps, to attach said bladder to the frame rail.

Done deal, and it all is secure, and looks good.

Dean
    I'll be doing the same as you Dean, just waiting for the new Traxxion bracket to show up. Cheers

Comment

• Cool!

Glad I could help you.

Have a great day.

Dean
      Dean Dinnetz

Comment

• The updated bracket from Traxxion arrived yesterday. My wife pulled a few last minute peppers out of the garden, so they're along for the ride. Hah.

and since I don't have the necessary straps quite yet...this'll have to do until warmer weather.

10/10 would recommend Traxxion

Comment

• Yep, that will hold for awhile, I am sure.

Dean
          Dean Dinnetz

Comment

• Bought a pair of Warm & Safe heated gloves to replace my well-used Gerbing G3s. Good sale price going on currently for them.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Saddest day of the year: put the bike away for the next five months. So sad.
              It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy. Let's go exploring!!"

nekkid 2005 FZ1 - re-jetted by RavenRider - airbox mod - AIS removed - Holeshot 3 degree timing advancer - shortened GYTR CF slip-on - Traxxion AK20's and 1.0 springs - Hyperco shock by Traxxion - Corbin - CRG lane splitters - GSG sliders - R1 shift arm - Devilsyam frame plugs - Spiegler front braided brake lines - GYTR low mount - LSL Urban headlight - Pazzo levers

Comment

• 20210730_140231.jpg Today I said goodbye to the old girl. But she went to a new owner who is very excited about getting her.
                Attached Files
                "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• 1slimfizz
                  1slimfizz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well that's also sad. Good-looking bike, she'll treat the new owner well.

• Had the AK20s revalved by Thermosman, feels like a magic carpet ride now. According to him, the AK20s are harsh on their high speed compression, which was something I noticed during the Fall Rally and I let another member experience this. It now rides as nice as the Speed Triple R w/Ohlins did.
                Also picked up a Corbin(finally) from ebay. Bit the bullet and paid more than 200 for one, those magical $200 Corbins just don't exist anymore.

Comment

• When I picked up the 2001 FZ1 from Pat. G, in 2017, it already had a Gunfighter, all leather black seat on it. I had a few Gunfighters before on other bikes, and did not like them. Just too hard for me.

That being said, this Gunfighter on this 2001 FZ1 from Pat, the seat is as perfect as a seat can be! Not as hard, very comfortable! Could be that Pat, who weighs a bit more than me, okay a lot more than me, softened up the seat for me! Lol!

Anyway, enjoy your new seat.

Dean
                  Dean Dinnetz

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    "It's a great feeling when you get out on that sicle and go racing down the highway. You know it's just me and the wind and the wheel" - Barney Fife

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      "It's a great feeling when you get out on that sicle and go racing down the highway. You know it's just me and the wind and the wheel" - Barney Fife

Comment

• 2nd gear issue?

Comment

• Waited as long as possible. Had switch places with the snowblower.

Comment

Working...
                          X