Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUP
    replied
    The single vs. double action question in mostly about fashion. It's like a Harley handgun (I just flinched).
    There are plenty of SA pistols being sold today but Freedom Arms is referred to as the "Rolex" of this style of pistol.
    A large portion of my working life I was a Die Maker - who will appreciate the quality of workmanship (when it gets here).

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    Ahh, ejection, I hadn't thought about that but it makes sense.

That's where I stop following, why would single vs double action make a difference?

I don't care for double action since I can't hit using it, yet I've never owned a single action revolver

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied
    The 9 mm cylinder positions the shell at the front shoulder. Moon clips are not needed with a single action revolver because the shell is ejected by the rod along side the barrel.
    Moon clips are needed with double action pistols with swing out cylinders.
    I inherited a life time supply of 9 mm ammo . . .

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    Originally posted by FUP View Post
    Freedom Arms 357/9mm - ​​

I looked on their website but couldn't find the info for what I'm curious about. I'm guessing that it doesn't use moon clips since there's a second cylinder, does the 9mm cylinder use the exposed shoulder at the end of the cartridge to set depth?

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    Freedom Arms 357/9mm -

I looked on their website but couldn't find the info for what I'm curious about. I'm guessing that it doesn't use moon clips since there's a second cylinder, does the 9mm cylinder use the exposed shoulder at the end of the cartridge to set depth?

Leave a comment:

• bradd
    replied
    357 and 9mm is a nice combination of cylinders. Now that is 3 calibers of ammo that you can't find because they are out of stock!

Though maybe 357 isn't so bad, I know for me 10mm has been something I can still find.

Leave a comment:

• Torchsport
    replied
    4 1/2" each direction counts as 9" right??

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied
    My wife might pretend to believe that is 9" - but it is 4 1/2".
    This pistol has two cylinders - 357 & 9 mm.

Leave a comment:

• Harry1976
    replied
    Did you mean 9 inch barrel?

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• isleoman
    replied

Duplicate

Leave a comment:

• Harry1976
    replied

Made a trip to Knoxville a few weeks ago to pick up another Vmax, this one is a 2018 blacked out edition with some tasteful mods including full exhaust and tune.

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
    That's smart, I don't even want to think about the amount of money that got wasted renting houses during college.
    Yep I've got to assume $60k over 4 years, and that was back in Ohio in the 90s...

-T

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    That's smart, I don't even want to think about the amount of money that got wasted renting houses during college.

Leave a comment:

• bradd
    replied
    Bought another House. In Dubuque Iowa, right at the start of the twisty roads. 140 years old on the buffs.
    house1.jpg house2.jpg

It is a block from Loras college where my son goes. Interest rates are crazy low and I didn't like paying his rent. He'll get a few friends to move in and I'll charge them rent. Only thing moved in so far is the kitchen.

house3.jpg Thinking about the wife and I moving in when the oldest graduates college and the youngest graduates HS which will be in 2.5 years.
    Last edited by bradd; 12-21-2020, 06:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X