Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded the suspension on my newer Silverado. Almost as good of an investment as R1 forks!
    Attached Files
    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
      Upgraded the suspension on my newer Silverado. Almost as good of an investment as R1 forks!
      So can you drag a knee now?
      '01 FZ1 set up for distance
      '07 FZ1 set up for fun
      (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Yes, I'm a real valentino rossi now.
        Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by theunderfighter View Post
          1996 Honda xr250r

That's a really clean looking 96.

Comment

• It's just software, so I don't have a picture. My recent purchase is an APR Stage 1 ECU reprogram for my 2012 VW GTI. Wheel hp at peak has gone from stock 195 to 229. Better still, hp at 3500 has jumped from 130 to 190. My front tires are not dealing well with the change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlfman View Post
              Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, got it for less than $200 brand new

How did you score this deal? Do you like it? Seriously contemplating getting one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Carl View Post
                It's just software, so I don't have a picture. My recent purchase is an APR Stage 1 ECU reprogram for my 2012 VW GTI. Wheel hp at peak has gone from stock 195 to 229. Better still, hp at 3500 has jumped from 130 to 190. My front tires are not dealing well with the change.
                Nice! An older coworker had a GTI with APR stage 1. He had tons of problems with that car and traded it in on a Highlander! I hear a catch can is advisable for those direct injection motors in particular. Do you have one?

Comment

• Bought a Spyderco Sage 5 last night. Will get pics up later. I love this knife, it's damn near perfect for me.

Comment

• Nice, yes you will need new front tires. Soon.
                    Can you turn off TC and the VW stability nanny ? Does yours have a diff lock ?

GTI's are so much fun.
                    It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

• Originally posted by vbhingar View Post
                      How did you score this deal? Do you like it? Seriously contemplating getting one.
                      Loving it so far. It was on sale for $299 on Amazon. I get a 10% Amazon employee discount + another 5% discount as a Prime member using my Amazon VISA + rewards points were used bringing my cost to less than $200
                      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• GTI

No catch can on the GTI. Yet. No diff lock, either. The traction control is very intrusive, but there's a button to disable it, which I do, right after I start it. I'm told there's still some tc going on when it's shut off, but I've never noticed it.

Comment

• I've been on a buying spree this past month or so.

Yesterday we were at Sam's Club and wandered down the TV isle. We have been looking to upgrade our Vizio 40" flat screen HD (1080p) TV to something larger. We've been happy with the Vizio smart TV so far, so I was looking along the same lines but larger. They had those new 4K HDR Vizio 55" M55-D0 TVs with a price of $498 (price was marked $578 with $80 discount) which seemed like a heck of a deal compared to what I had been seeing online. It also has a 6" android remote with 720p screen. When I went to check out, it rang up $678 and I said whoa, that isn't what the sign said. They did some checking and said they had mismarked the price on that group of TVs, but let me have it for the marked price. I spent the afternoon getting everything hooked up and updates downloaded. Seems to have a great picture and I'm not feeding it anything more than Dish network HD. I may look at doing a soundbar upgrade in the future.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Now onto the dining room. Picked up a gently used Ashley dining set with buffet for $550 on the local Craigslist. The lady I purchased it from said she paid $3200 for it a couple of years ago. She recently got married and they kept her husbands dining room set which was better able to seat all of their new combined family. This table goes from 4'x5' oval to 4' round with the leaf removed which is good for when we play cards. The buffet and table top appear to be mahogany stained maple. I think the antique black table pedestal, chair legs and backs are probably imported rubber wood, but it is rock solid. The most important thing is that the wife is extremely pleased with it (and I saved a bunch of $$$).
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Now to the garage. Picked up this 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L the Saturday before Christmas for the wife. 1 owner relatively local car with clean carfax. It had recently been traded in at a Nissan dealer. It was listed for $18K and I got it for $16K which was a pretty good deal for this area (the only equivalent deals I could find online were >300 miles away and that didn't factor in shipping or driving to get it). The day before we purchased this CR-V, our daughter's hand me down 2006 Nissan Altima was totaled by a guy turning left out of Wal-Mart trying to cross five lanes of heavy traffic in the rain. He hit the right front wheel with his SUV front bumper and really screwed up the front suspension on the Altima. I was driving it at the time because the daughter had my wife's car (she went out-of-state to see her grandparents over christmas and took the wife's more reliable Honda Accord) and my BWM 335i had a water pump leak and I was waiting on parts to fix that. Fortunately, the guy had good insurance and they gave us a more than fair price for the Altima, so everything worked out OK.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Think you got the win Arkie.............. thats a nice looking table to sup at.
                                Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

Working...
                                X