Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you plane wiff a hammer? I gotta study up on my wood working...............

Just fookin about, highly recommended amongst the wood working guys. Top notch stuff.

How can you go wrong with a name like, Hammer?
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post

How can you go wrong with a name like, Hammer?
      exactly.
      I couldn't find a quazz machine and all the Wile E Coyote's were ACME brand.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks guys, needed a laugh.
          Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• There's no fun in buying an off-the-shelf box joint jig!!

I watched a shop tour video last night and it's the first time I'd seen incra stuff - don't think Rockler carries it, and I'm in there fairly often. Might have to consider looking in to it..
            '01 FZ1 set up for distance
            '07 FZ1 set up for fun
            (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post
              There's no fun in buying an off-the-shelf box joint jig!!
              When I'm too old to have other kinds of fun, I'll look into these Amish tools. Until then . . .
              Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

There's no fun in buying an off-the-shelf box joint jig!!

I watched a shop tour video last night and it's the first time I'd seen incra stuff - don't think Rockler carries it, and I'm in there fairly often. Might have to consider looking in to it..
                I built a tenon jig and a table saw sled and a dado sled but the Incra box joint jig is far better than one I could build. The tolerances on box joints are so tight and I like to be able to adjust and fine tune precisely.
                I agree with you in general though, I have a lot of machines but I like to minimize their use. My heart is in hand tools but machines do the real grunt work like milling boards and they do things so quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by quazz View Post
                  I built a tenon jig and a table saw sled and a dado sled but the Incra box joint jig is far better than one I could build. The tolerances on box joints are so tight and I like to be able to adjust and fine tune precisely.
                  I agree with you in general though, I have a lot of machines but I like to minimize their use. My heart is in hand tools but machines do the real grunt work like milling boards and they do things so quickly.
                  I just picked up a scrub plane. I think I am getting ready to find out how fun hand tools can be. At the very least I will get a good workout.

2019 Wr250r
                  2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Comment

• Originally posted by jredford View Post
                    I just picked up a scrub plane. I think I am getting ready to find out how fun hand tools can be. At the very least I will get a good workout.
                    Hand planes are awesome but a skill that has to be learned and can be very frustrating until you get it. I absolutely love using them, the long curls of wood and the absence of machinery trying to de-limb and deafen me completely) and the finish is beautiful (or totally f'd up) . Tuning and sharpening to a fine edge them is an essential skill or they will be just pretty blocks of iron.
                    There is something deeply satisfying about hand planes and the varieties of them but I am just not great at it yet.

Comment

• I restored an old 10" Stanley that I picked up at a yard sale for $5.. I have pics somewhere..
                      '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                      '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                      (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

I restored an old 10" Stanley that I picked up at a yard sale for $5.. I have pics somewhere..
                        Stanley is a lucky guy indeed...
                        Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
                          Hahaha! Yeah, and keep the pics off the net! LOL
                          2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
                          1980 Yamaha XS650 Special II

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post

Comment

• I'm at my folks house as i type this and had to ask for their forgiveness for buying something like this. My parents raised me better but it was cheap and will be flipping this one once the weather gets nicer and folks start getting their tax returns.

Only 4k miles for an '08 and in very good condition.
                              Attached Files
                              2006 Cobalt Blue Yamaha FJR1300A
                              2013 Dynamic Blue Yamaha Zuma 125
                              2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil. 2:10-11

Comment

• Go sit in the corner.
                                Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X