Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor's tree going down last weekend suspended experiments.

No issues yet. I don't think it has noticed.
    Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by hooligan998 View Post
      New LED driving lights. Mounted up and wired in with the hi beam only. Stupid bright and very effective at lighting up the night. Already scared one doe off just by flipping them on. Fortunately she ran back into the woods and not out into the road.
      Hooligan, those might be just what I've been (absent-mindedly) looking for. Would you share make / model and where purchased, please?
      It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy. Let's go exploring!!"

nekkid 2005 FZ1 - re-jetted by RavenRider - airbox mod - AIS removed - Holeshot 3 degree timing advancer - shortened GYTR CF slip-on - Traxxion AK20's and 1.0 springs - Hyperco shock by Traxxion - Corbin - CRG lane splitters - GSG sliders - R1 shift arm - Devilsyam frame plugs - Spiegler front braided brake lines - GYTR low mount - LSL Urban headlight - Pazzo levers

Comment

• Originally posted by 1slimfizz View Post
        Hooligan, those might be just what I've been (absent-mindedly) looking for. Would you share make / model and where purchased, please?
        I did an eBay search for "motorcycle LED driving lights" and went from there. Believe me when I tell you I did exhaustive searches and research to narrow it down to these. I like the fact that it has both spot and flood reflectors in them. I was a little skeptical on the vertical mounting of the lights, but I like how it turned out. I did have a pair of single LED round ones, but the aluminum frame they were in cracked and I almost lost one at speed. These are on a steel mount and much stronger than the other pair I had. I ordered from a Chinese seller, so they had to come over on a slow boat, but I still got them sooner than the expected arrival date. You may be able to find a US seller with them already in stock.

Here is a link to a seller with identical lights:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LED-40W-C...1bgPox&vxp=mtr

You will have to run 2 wire cable to it as the pig tails on these lights are not very long. I soldered mine and used multiple layers of heat shrink to seal it all up.
        "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jredford View Post
          Inquiring minds want to know if it gets along with the CT?
          He's got a studded snow to go on there for the winter!
          Don

Comment

• Originally posted by hooligan998 View Post
            Here is a link to a seller with identical lights:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LED-40W-C...1bgPox&vxp=mtr

You will have to run 2 wire cable to it as the pig tails on these lights are not very long. I soldered mine and used multiple layers of heat shrink to seal it all up.
            Thank you!
            It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy. Let's go exploring!!"

nekkid 2005 FZ1 - re-jetted by RavenRider - airbox mod - AIS removed - Holeshot 3 degree timing advancer - shortened GYTR CF slip-on - Traxxion AK20's and 1.0 springs - Hyperco shock by Traxxion - Corbin - CRG lane splitters - GSG sliders - R1 shift arm - Devilsyam frame plugs - Spiegler front braided brake lines - GYTR low mount - LSL Urban headlight - Pazzo levers

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
              He's got a studded snow to go on there for the winter!
              You know, now that you mention it . . . longer riding season, more places to go . . .
              Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Zactly

2019 Wr250r
                2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Comment

• Just in time for the end of winter - Sidi Duna Goretex riding shoes. They did get a work out on the ride home from work last night. kept my feet bone dry and warm. Very happy with them.

These are perfect for my daily commute to work, and I am impressed with the build quality. If they hold up well, I think I'll replace my riding boots with a pair of Sidi boots as they are almost due for replacement too. These are made in Europe and look to be much better quality than the Chinese made expensive branded boots I have had previously (cracked leather and ripped velcro).

I tried on multiple brands and found that US and UK sizing varied quite a bit, but every shoe and boot I tried on was a 42 Euro size. I am usually a 9, but these are an 8 US. so now I know to stick with Euro sizing to get the right size for my feet.
                  Attached Files
                  Mods:
                  Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Comment

• Picked up an iphone x. so the government can access my face.
                    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                      Picked up an iphone x. so the government can access my face.
                      I've been using mine for a year. Works great. You also don't have to use your face
                      Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• conspiracy theorist will disagree!!

Took a whole 5 min to get used to the new system, much more intuitive than my 7. Although I had they got rid of the 128 gig option.
                        Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                          Picked up an iphone x. so the government can access my face.
                          I replaced my 6S+ with the new S Max. (matches my scooter)
                          I like.
                          2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
                          2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure with shaft drive wheelie mod
                          2016 Yamaha S-Max scooter (big bore, etc)

Comment

• Purchased from Kia of Muncie, so just got home from the 9hr, 560mile drive..
                            Attached Files
                            '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                            '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                            (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Congrats! Finally got one. Nobody had one any closer?
                              04 FZ-1 Silver/Black
                              06 Suzuki DR650
                              00 Kawasaki W650
                              90 Honda Hawk GT
                              79 Honda CBX
                              82 Honda CB900F

Comment

• Ohhhh........thats nice. Recently test drove one down in Florida when I had to take my daughtes car to Kia. I scared the salesman a bit. He kept telling ke to slow down. My retort was, "Speed limit signs are just suggestions"
                                Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

Working...
                                X