Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Z Grand View Post
    Congrats! Finally got one. Nobody had one any closer?
    Plenty will, none have at the moment, but that's not the point.

Think "excellent buying experience"... these guys are bending over backwards to make it a great experience for people all over the country who have had horrible experiences in their local area, for those willing to make the effort of a little fly-and-buy, and I've been working with this guy for weeks on getting this exact car - it is the first in the US exactly how I wanted, although many more will follow.

I bought my previous 3 Kias from a local dealership, but the dealership has gone downhill and the guy I bought from is no longer selling new Kias, otherwise it wouldn't have even been a questions. I did explore four other "local" options around Atlanta, none seemed like they were willing to make much effort beyond having my phone number and email added to their constant barrage of unsolicited marketing campaign.
    '01 FZ1 set up for distance
    '07 FZ1 set up for fun
    (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• That seems like a fun car. I'm not quite ready to do the Kia thing yet though. I may have to try out a lease if they can come up with a good one. The resale value isn't there yet for really competitive leases though. Especially here in GA. The leases on VW, Honda and Toyota Tacoma's are insane, and hard to pass up.

I can imagine the buying experience issue around here as well. My biggest gripe about buying a Toyota or Honda and I imagine the same at Nissan or Hyndai/Kia are the crazy volume-driven cattle-herding style dealerships. It's just not how I like to do business. I always liked buying Acuras because you get some of the premium treatment, without the giant outlay of money as compared to some of the German offerings. There is certainly value in that experience.
      Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• I always lease a "new to me" car, is in, first time I've had that model. As long as the numbers make sense, I can either buy it out later or turn in the keys if the value is lower than the residual. Worked for me for many years.

The 2018 has had some issues, especially paint. But in terms of performance and handling and most other quality related items, this car is as good as the M4 or AMG C-class I was considering 2 years ago, without the related purchase and maintenance costs. Local tuner who works on those, also works on these, and tune-only can get you to under 4.0 0-60 and now down into the high 11's for the 1/4 - which is one of our "family" activities..

Bad quality video, normally produce good ones but this was to just prove a point - two different customer cars..
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQr...e=youtu.be&t=9
        '07 FZ1 set up for fun

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Also on youtoob they run it against a Mustang with the #2 package. Stinger walks away in the 1/4 mile. Gives a good run in road course as well. Just the fact they run it against a Mustang says enough about the car. It is an absolute BEAST off the line.

Like I said, scared the salesman fairly well. I like it, nice, fun car.
          Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• White is right Andy, the blue and red look dull in daylight. Congrats on the long hunted Stinger.
            It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

• Nice looking car!

Now, how soon before it becomes your daughter's?
              Not sure what I should put down for my signature.....

Comment

• She already has a '14 challenger, a C5, and a '69 442 convertible..
                .. but she drove this one yesterday and was gobsmacked.. We're probably going to run it against her C5 on Sunday at an 1/8 strip.
                '07 FZ1 set up for fun

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• 1/8th strip....... I have seen your other posts about her. Think it'll be close but, you'll definitely get it off the line. Watch that vid of the Mustang/Stinger and get some tips on launch control...........

Unless of course, your up to getting fooked with for the rest of your days..
                  Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• New wheels for the hooptie
                    Attached Files
                    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post
                      1/8th strip....... I have seen your other posts about her. Think it'll be close but, you'll definitely get it off the line. Watch that vid of the Mustang/Stinger and get some tips on launch control...........

Unless of course, your up to getting fooked with for the rest of your days..
                      They are equal in 1/8.. 4060lbs + fat man vs. 3300lbs and slender chick. Electronic foolery wins the day.

https://youtu.be/a6rQalqUcoU

I'm getting the ECU flashed by a local tuner tomorrow. With only K&N air filters, it'll go from 365 to 460HP, and from 376 to 522LBS-FT.. Exhaust will follow soon..
                      '07 FZ1 set up for fun

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• If leasing, when you go to turn in the lease, will they not look at the computer to see if the ECU was fiddled with?

Or if going in for warranty work?

Comment

• New 2018 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve. 5.6 gas engine. Thing is a rocket @ 390 hp. Way more power than my 8.1 big block in the 2500HD that I just sold.
                          Terrific ride. Very comfortable. I had really tired of the stiff 3/4 ride. And this thing will tow just as much.
                          Wicked discounts on leftovers and obviously these are not as big of sellers as the Chevy/Ferd/Dodge group, so Nissan is highly motivated to move them.
                          Attached Files
                          YAMAHA

Comment

• its because they are ugly!

Although with GMs 2019 lineup, I have a feeling they might sell more since GM really flopped with their new offerings.

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                              its because they are ugly!

Although with GMs 2019 lineup, I have a feeling they might sell more since GM really flopped with their new offerings.
                              Thank you. I like my ugly truck.
                              YAMAHA

Comment

• That's a nice truck, Brad.

And nice wheels on that cop magnet, Mike.
                                Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X