Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Torchsport View Post
    Thank you. I like my ugly truck.
    lol I think mines ugly too. Designers stopped trying years ago.
    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Nice looking ride Brad!!
      09 FZ1- Cobalt
      Copperdawg Medium Speedscreen
      CRG RC2 Shorty Levers
      Throttle Rocker
      Throttle Meister
      TechSpec
      Proton Flush Mounts
      Bi Xenon HIDs
      Speedo Healer
      Power Bronze Lower Cowl
      Competition Werks Undertail
      Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
      OES Frame Sliders
      Bestem Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
      GB Racing Case Guards
      Pro Bolt Anodized Bolt Kit
      Cox Racing Radiator Guard
      Arrow Header
      Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On
      Two Bros Juice Box Pro
      BMC Air Filter
      AIS Plugged

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
        lol I think mines ugly too. Designers stopped trying years ago.
        Your truck looks awesome. I've lifted a few Chevs in my day.
        I've owned dozens of GM trucks over the decades. I'm just tired of them rusting away up here.
        I see rust free Nissans and Toyotas, including my 14 year old 4Runner, all over. Thought I'd give one a try.
        Plus I see 20 Ferds and GMs every block. Wanted something a little more exclusive.
        I did 6 months of research before the purchase. 5 year 100,000 mile B2B warrenty got bumped to lifetime by the dealer. I am satisfied.
        YAMAHA

Comment

• Cool truck. I love it. sooner rather than later my trusty 07 F150 will need to be traded in so I will be interested in how you like it after you've had it for a while.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.

Comment

• Nice truck. I'd love to have a new one as my '97 C1500 is "ancient". Also, new truck prices have fricken skyrocketed.
            Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlfman View Post
              Nice truck. I'd love to have a new one as my '97 C1500 is "ancient". Also, new truck prices have fricken skyrocketed.
              Yeah it is nuts how expensive trucks are. I would be afraid to use one as a truck. My 07 sees a lot of duty and although I look after it I don't worry about it too much. If I had a new one I would be super careful.
              I would still love a new truck though.

Comment

I've owned dozens of GM trucks over the decades. I'm just tired of them rusting away up here.
                I see rust free Nissans and Toyotas, including my 14 year old 4Runner, all over. Thought I'd give one a try.
                Plus I see 20 Ferds and GMs every block. Wanted something a little more exclusive.
                I did 6 months of research before the purchase. 5 year 100,000 mile B2B warrenty got bumped to lifetime by the dealer. I am satisfied.
                If I could have all my comfort in a 80s/90s era truck I would sell it in a heart beat.

And you canít beat that warranty at all!
                Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

Where do you get one of these lifetime Warranties? My Ferd just turn 387k and it's got a few issues.
                  Don

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
                    Where do you get one of these lifetime Warranties? My Ferd just turn 387k and it's got a few issues.
                    Walser Nissan in Coon Rapids Minnesota.
                    YAMAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                      If leasing, when you go to turn in the lease, will they not look at the computer to see if the ECU was fiddled with?

Or if going in for warranty work?
                      I'd almost certainly buy it out but if I don't keep it, the tuner would reset to factory and if I went with another Stinger, put the same tune on it. Same if needed warranty repair that *might* be denied based on having changes. edit: I'm almost certainly going to be putting on a full exhaust system and modifying the intakes. I might even go with bigger turbos if it's proven the insane numbers some are seeing don't "break" the drivetrain. I'm treating this like I did my Gen II FZ1..

You're paying for the intellectual property, development costs, etc. The "tune" is just a software update applied in minutes.

New and unique cars need "tunes" to be developed on a dyno, but he's done over a dozen of these, that work has been done and the ECU on modern cars is intelligent and adaptive enough that they do not need to be re-done when you change exhaust or intake, for example. Far more advanced than what's on our bikes.

Different company (LAP3) is now up to ~540hp - that's 175 over the stock 365hp. 485 measured at the wheels. Out-runs C63AMG in the 1/4..
                      Last edited by AndyW; 10-31-2018, 05:06 AM.
                      '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                      '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                      (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
                        The issues I have had on my Ford are from not driving it enough. It sits a lot but since the brakes rotted and seized I drive it more now.

Comment

New 2018 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve. 5.6 gas engine. Thing is a rocket @ 390 hp. Way more power than my 8.1 big block in the 2500HD that I just sold.
                          Terrific ride. Very comfortable. I had really tired of the stiff 3/4 ride. And this thing will tow just as much.
                          Wicked discounts on leftovers and obviously these are not as big of sellers as the Chevy/Ferd/Dodge group, so Nissan is highly motivated to move them.
                          Good luck with that Nissan...

Comment

• Friend of mine here in MA bought a similar Titan not long ago. Can tow 12k lbs! Crazy. He got a 35' camper trailer recently for family fun.

I'd dig a 4-door Titan or Tundra with a cap on the back for the doggies... When the time comes, I'll probably look for a used one in Cali and fly out to buy it and visit family, and drive it back home x-country.

-T
                            Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
                            My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
                            More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• I think they are getting extreme on the towing. Most of us will never need to tow 12,000 lbs. Still more is always better but I would not care about towing capacity after a point.

Comment

• Can tow, and capable of towing are two very different numbers.

It’s great if you live in flatistan, I’d like to see any of these new trucks tow their weighted capacity up a 7%+ grade.

But on the other hand, not everybody needs a truck that can tow that much, but our camper weighs around 11k lbs loaded down. You really appreciate the dually tires after you tow my setup. Doesn’t wander on the road, pulls straight and true, and the old 7.3 6spd has plenty of guts, even up the grades.

Comment

Working...
                                X