Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point on the hills. That is one heavy trailer you haul!

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.

Comment

• Yeah GM makes a "MAX" tow 1500, same 5.3 engine but just lower gears and heavier springs and is rated at 12000.

But no way in hell I would want to tow that much with a 1500 chassis.
      Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
        But no way in hell I would want to tow that much with a 1500 chassis.
        Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• My 4Runner is rated to tow 5,000 lbs but when I towed 3 dirty bikes in my little utility trailer it was shifting down constantly on gradual hills.
          No way would I tow 5k with it.

I wont tow anywhere near the claimed capacity of the Titan XD. But I needed a little more than the standard lighter duty Titan. Plus the standrd Titan has the shorter box which is unacceptable to me.
          Titan XD has been unofficially been hailed as a 5/8 ton truck. A 'tweener if you will.
          And that is just what I wanted.
          YAMAHA

Comment

• So I "purchased" an ECU flash..

These guys are established in the high-end German performance tuning arena, and just happen to be local.
            Attached Files
            '01 FZ1 set up for distance
            '07 FZ1 set up for fun
            (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Did they dyno it before and after?
              04 FZ-1 Silver/Black
              06 Suzuki DR650
              00 Kawasaki W650
              90 Honda Hawk GT
              79 Honda CBX
              82 Honda CB900F

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post
                I'd almost certainly buy it out but if I don't keep it, the tuner would reset to factory and if I went with another Stinger, put the same tune on it. Same if needed warranty repair that *might* be denied based on having changes.
                It seems like this probably won't be an issue for you, but just so you know this likely won't prevent the dealer from knowing you tuned it. When you write a new tune to the ECU it increments a counter. This is typically what the dealer will check IF they believe or care the car has been tuned. So even if your tuner flashes it back to factory, you will have +2 flashes on the counter and they will know it has been tuned. Again, might not be a big deal to kia, and they might not even check. I know for GM they only check on trucks and performance cars for warranty issues. I think even then it up to the manufacturer to prove that the tune caused the issue, which may be difficult. The downside is you can sit there fighting to get something covered for a while. Just thought you might want to know.

Car looks awesome btw. Did you go for the awd or the limited slip?

Comment

• That and when it goes in for a recall or tsb update for a reprogram it needs to be tuned to stock before taking it in. Otherwise you can loose the tune or it can cause issues with the dealer programming.

I have to do it with my truck.
                  Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
                    Can tow, and capable of towing are two very different numbers.

Itís great if you live in flatistan, Iíd like to see any of these new trucks tow their weighted capacity up a 7%+ grade.

But on the other hand, not everybody needs a truck that can tow that much, but our camper weighs around 11k lbs loaded down. You really appreciate the dually tires after you tow my setup. Doesnít wander on the road, pulls straight and true, and the old 7.3 6spd has plenty of guts, even up the grades.
                    This. My Tundra is built like a 3/4 but bumper pull 5000 lbs. and see what a relaxing trip THAT is. Power is no problem but in-flight refueling would be nice with 8 mpg and a 26 gallon tank.

The team who invented the JUKE designed the new Titan....fugliest front quarter panel fender EVER !! Unless you've seen a new Chevy in person.
                    It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

• Sticks & stones..
                      YAMAHA

Comment

• I hope you got the Fender audio system to ease the pain.... proportions and visual flow kinda like really ? ... maybe buy a Pug dog as a distraction ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• It should toast bagels.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by reubswinks View Post
                            When you write a new tune to the ECU it increments a counter.

Car looks awesome btw. Did you go for the awd or the limited slip?
                            They specifically talked about the counter and they reset it. Who knows, though..

AWD. I owned an AWD performance car 25 years ago and am extremely glad I remembered what a difference it made and went that way again.

I can use close to 100% of this car in a corner and it's like it's on rails. My favorite car on a race track was an R8, for the same reason. Sure it's cheating, but who cares? I can smoke most American muscle in all conditions..

Really, just having fun. Mid-life crisis and all that.
                            '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                            '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                            (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by hotboot View Post
                              I hope you got the Fender audio system to ease the pain.... proportions and visual flow kinda like really ? ... maybe buy a Pug dog as a distraction ?
                              He could hookup a trailer and tow a VW/Audi product as a distraction. They are forever needing to be towed anyway.
                              Don

Comment

• Originally posted by hotboot View Post
                                I hope you got the Fender audio system to ease the pain.... proportions and visual flow kinda like really ? ... maybe buy a Pug dog as a distraction ?
                                Well there's the problem. That's a stubby little Titan. Not an XD.
                                YAMAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X