Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Titan came out JUST after I bought my F150, and I was pissed! Of course, that was the last year for my style and over 15 years later, I'm happy to have more "classic" styling..
    '01 FZ1 set up for distance
    '07 FZ1 set up for fun
    (both in the *faster* blue)


    Which would you prefer?

    Comment


    • I can relate. I bought my Titan in 2006, the year before the big Tundra came out. No regrets though, still running well 12 years later.

      Comment


      • Some new sidi crossfire 2 MX boots to replace my old original crossfires.
        Looking for another cheap gen2

        Comment


        • Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
          Some new sidi crossfire 2 MX boots to replace my old original crossfires.
          Which part of (pics required!) was confusing?
          '01 FZ1 set up for distance
          '07 FZ1 set up for fun
          (both in the *faster* blue)


          Which would you prefer?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AndyW View Post
            Which part of (pics required!) was confusing?
            Doh!!!!!
            Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

            My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
              You tried anti sway bars? I have run them before on bumper pulls with my 3/4 ton. The 1 ton dually does not care what’s behind it, stable as can be, I just run lift bars to transition the tongue weight toward the front of the truck.

              Pity about the mpg though, but that’s average for a gasser towing. The diesel doesn’t do much better, at around 12-13 loaded down, but it’s got 4:10 gearing, and will drink the fuel if pushed past 70.

              I do echo your sentiments on the new silverados. Round fender wells have come full circle, but they uglied the rest of the truck up in the process.
              Yes, cheap ass toyota should bolt one on Tundra's. Big difference immediately, a 4:10 is mandatory as there is always 900 lbs. back there. 32 valve F1 motors are thirsty and we drive too fast here. 16 mpg is normal.

              The first Titan was one of the best ever looking trucks, still is. We will get used to the new ones, they are everywhere here now. I'm actually looking at FCA for the next one, another Tundra does not melt my butter.
              Attached Files
              It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

              Comment


              • Originally posted by okrider View Post
                So I'm getting my first house with my girlfriend. It's a 3 bed 3.5 bath with a single car garage that's a little bigger than normal and has a workbench. It's just east of Grant Park in Atlanta. Not a huge back yard or anything but plenty of room to hang out and have people over etc.
                First home ! Congrats man, awesome porch. Stairs build character and thigh muscles.

                And hell NO we won't help you move...
                It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hotboot View Post
                  Yes, cheap ass toyota should bolt one on Tundra's. Big difference immediately, a 4:10 is mandatory as there is always 900 lbs. back there. 32 valve F1 motors are thirsty and we drive too fast here. 16 mpg is normal.

                  The first Titan was one of the best ever looking trucks, still is. We will get used to the new ones, they are everywhere here now. I'm actually looking at FCA for the next one, another Tundra does not melt my butter.
                  I was thinking more along the lines of this:



                  The notches on the bars naturally want to keep the trailer straight, and this one is a light duty weight distribution too. Even if the trailer starts to wag, a light tap on the spike will pull it back straight, lifting off the throttle is about the worst thing you could do. On that subject, I’m a huge fan of prodigy brake controllers, has internal sensors to control the amount of trailer braking. Keeps the braking smooth in towns without being intrusive.

                  That’s interesting about the tundras though, they don’t come with a rear sway bar?
                  Last edited by MichaelFZ1; 11-09-2018, 05:00 AM.

                  Comment


                  • GM trucks don't ether, but the GM suvs do.

                    You can just upgrade the front and add poly bushings rather than add one in the rear.

                    But took the mall crawler wheels off and bought me
                    Some snow tars and rokblokz for winter
                    Attached Files
                    Looking for another cheap gen2

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                      GM trucks don't ether, but the GM suvs do.

                      You can just upgrade the front and add poly bushings rather than add one in the rear.

                      But took the mall crawler wheels off and bought me
                      Some snow tars and rokblokz for winter
                      Maybe I am lame, but I like the look of these wheels better. Haha. Nice looking truck.

                      Comment


                      • The 2017 Rossi Minichamps showed up from Belgium last night.
                        All caught up until they release his 2018 bike sometime next month or early next year.

                        George hangs out on the bottom row, though it seems Minichamps is done making his bikes and never came out with a 2012 bike some strange reason.
                        Attached Files
                        2006 Cobalt Blue Yamaha FJR1300A
                        2013 Dynamic Blue Yamaha Zuma 125
                        2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

                        That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil. 2:10-11

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
                          ...

                          That’s interesting about the tundras though, they don’t come with a rear sway bar?
                          I bought a 2017 Tundra Crewmax last summer with the TRD off road package - no sway bar. I did see several trucks with window stickers that showed the TRD sway bar installed as a factory option.

                          Have pulled ~5-6000 lb trailers without a weight distribution hitch and had no issue. Haven't really had the weight in the bed to complain about ride stability.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sparky80 View Post
                            The 2017 Rossi Minichamps showed up from Belgium last night.
                            All caught up until they release his 2018 bike sometime next month or early next year.

                            George hangs out on the bottom row, though it seems Minichamps is done making his bikes and never came out with a 2012 bike some strange reason.
                            VERY cool!!!
                            2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
                            2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure with shaft drive wheelie mod
                            2016 Yamaha S-Max scooter (big bore, etc)

                            Comment


                            • Do the Tundras still come with the whole rear window that rolls down? A buddy of mine had one, with a sunroof as well, and it was almost like riding in a convertible with everything rolled down. Nice truck.
                              "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

                              Comment


                              • Yep, the whole rear window. Roll that down and open the sunroof, you can fill the cab with outside air real quick.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X