Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 2013 yamaha Rhino 700, special edition murdered out. Oil pump failed and nuked the motor under warranty last fall, so it has a new motor in it. It's going to be a lot more convenient around the property then my grizzly. Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy a grizzly?

07 FZ1 lots of goodies
    www.WileyLogHomes.com

Comment

• Cool side by side.
      YAMAHA

Comment

• Finally brought the new bike home. It is just as clean and well taken care of as the pictures said it was. The previous owner was super nice, and offered me his guest room to stay overnight. Made for a very pleasant fly and ride experience.

Comment

• That looks great. Enjoy!
          2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
          2011 Kawasaki Concours14
          2009 Yamaha FZ6

Comment

• Wow, that does look good Michael. Hope to see it live soon.
            -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
              Finally brought the new bike home. It is just as clean and well taken care of as the pictures said it was. The previous owner was super nice, and offered me his guest room to stay overnight. Made for a very pleasant fly and ride experience.

Still have the FZ?? Give us the ride report! Welcome to the triple BROTHA

Comment

• Originally posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
                Still have the FZ?? Give us the ride report! Welcome to the triple BROTHA
                I still have it, itís undetermined how long Iíll keep it for, as I do still enjoy riding it. But if I find it sitting around, Iíll consider getting rid of it.

As far as the tiger goes, it was awesome. Itís not a fast bike, but it is very torquey, but itís a definitely a revvy motor. I wish it turned less Rís on the slabs. Makes it slightly buzzy in the seat.

But it handled the ride home flawlessly. 4.5hrs of slab early in the day, and got off the interstate in sweetwater tn, and rode 68/60 down to Suches and from there home. The pegs touch down earlier than Iíd like, but itís not exactly a handling bike.

The fact that I wasnít sore after 350+ miles in the saddle speaks volumes for the bike, the heated grips, hand guards and cruise control paid dividends on the way home. Especially coming from chilly Louisville, the dash showed upper 30s when I rolled out, the first couple hours were pretty brisk. But was mid 60s by the time I reached tellico, made for a pleasant last couple of hours, as I was able to finally take off some layers.

Comment

I still have it, itís undetermined how long Iíll keep it for, as I do still enjoy riding it. But if I find it sitting around, Iíll consider getting rid of it.

As far as the tiger goes, it was awesome. Itís not a fast bike, but it is very torquey, but itís a definitely a revvy motor. I wish it turned less Rís on the slabs. Makes it slightly buzzy in the seat.

But it handled the ride home flawlessly. 4.5hrs of slab early in the day, and got off the interstate in sweetwater tn, and rode 68/60 down to Suches and from there home. The pegs touch down earlier than Iíd like, but itís not exactly a handling bike.

The fact that I wasnít sore after 350+ miles in the saddle speaks volumes for the bike, the heated grips, hand guards and cruise control paid dividends on the way home. Especially coming from chilly Louisville, the dash showed upper 30s when I rolled out, the first couple hours were pretty brisk. But was mid 60s by the time I reached tellico, made for a pleasant last couple of hours, as I was able to finally take off some layers.
                  Great ride report! I often find myself wondering if I would be happier on an ADV styled bike, after this past June, I don't care about going fast as much and that thing does look comfortable.

Comment

Finally brought the new bike home. It is just as clean and well taken care of as the pictures said it was. The previous owner was super nice, and offered me his guest room to stay overnight. Made for a very pleasant fly and ride experience.

I see some dirt roads in that bike's future.

Nice.
                    Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by grommet View Post
                      I see some dirt roads in that bike's future.

Nice.
                      It got that treatment on its maiden voyage, had to break it in right, ya know?

Around 20 miles on witt rd just south of tellico, to check out conasauga creek waterfall. It was fairly wet and still very muddy, being under tree cover after it had rained all week.

It made it very apparent the Pirelli scorpion trail 2 tires were not up to the task Iíll be using this bike for. Itís a very different feeling having such a heavy bike walk around on you through the mud, but the tiger overall was still very manageable.

Iíll probably burn through this set, and replace them with a more blocky dual sport compound. The shinko 804/805 has some great reviews, might have to try a set.

But first Iíll be doing a couple mods first before taking this bike off road too much.

Comment

• Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• The 804/805's are used by many. My $.02 is to go with a TKC80 on the front, as they flat out grip better than the Shinko's. The front's don't wear down nearly as quickly as the rears, so you don't need to sacrifice the grip in the front. Also check out the Motoz Adventure Hybrid Rear. It's expensive, but will last longer than the TKC/Shinko rear.
                          Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Last big purchase for me was a subwoofer for home theater and 2.1 audio.

Found thru mutual friends who happens to make beasts of subs...I picked up a JTR Captivator 2400.

I found this photo online, just to show the overall size of the dang thing....it's huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
                              The 804/805's are used by many. My $.02 is to go with a TKC80 on the front, as they flat out grip better than the Shinko's. The front's don't wear down nearly as quickly as the rears, so you don't need to sacrifice the grip in the front. Also check out the Motoz Adventure Hybrid Rear. It's expensive, but will last longer than the TKC/Shinko rear.
                              From what I was hearing the tkc80 was the king dual sport tire, but they didnít last. Theyíre kinda expensive to be burning up every 3-3500 miles. Iíve heard the shinkos were around 7-8k mile tires. Havenít heard of the motoz tires but Iíll check em out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
                                The 804/805's are used by many. My $.02 is to go with a TKC80 on the front, as they flat out grip better than the Shinko's. The front's don't wear down nearly as quickly as the rears, so you don't need to sacrifice the grip in the front. Also check out the Motoz Adventure Hybrid Rear. It's expensive, but will last longer than the TKC/Shinko rear.
                                Agreed on the TKC80. I've gotten almost 8000 miles out of a front on my Tenere. It was wore plumb out, 6500 is probably my average.
                                Even though they're directional, I've flipped them halfway and extended the mileage with no ill effects. Not really enough to justify another tire change though.
                                They handle a lot better on the street than you would think. Used with a Mitas E-07 dakar rear (no longer available, replaced by E-07+ which I haven't tried), they're comfortable to up to a little over 100 and probably more.

All that said, I've gone back to more street oriented tires the last couple of changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X