Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded in the GFs 2016 base model impreza coupe for a 2018 sport impreza hatch.

Its amazing how much more refined these little cars have gotten since the overhaul in 2017. Same horribly slow 150hp engine though, but also the same almost 37MPG.

Our local dealer is part of the Subaru courtesy car program, this was in their fleet, has 4500 miles on it and was almost 7k off the sticker price as a brand new one.
    Attached Files
    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
      From what I was hearing the tkc80 was the king dual sport tire, but they didnít last. Theyíre kinda expensive to be burning up every 3-3500 miles. Iíve heard the shinkos were around 7-8k mile tires. Havenít heard of the motoz tires but Iíll check em out.
      Have you looked into Heidenau ?
      2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
      2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure with shaft drive wheelie mod
      2016 Yamaha S-Max scooter (big bore, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
        Traded in the GFs 2016 base model impreza coupe for a 2018 sport impreza hatch.

Its amazing how much more refined these little cars have gotten since the overhaul in 2017. Same horribly slow 150hp engine though, but also the same almost 37MPG.

Our local dealer is part of the Subaru courtesy car program, this was in their fleet, has 4500 miles on it and was almost 7k off the sticker price as a brand new one.
        Did Subaru EVER solve the head gasket issue on the H-4????

Fargin CORKSUCKERS!

Honda sure did -- Goldwings go 3x or 4x as far with the same basic engine design.

I was a loyal Subaru guy till I tried to keep ONE past 100k miles.

Now, I buy Hondas and hope Subaru is the next Fukushima.
        88 FZR400
        90 FZR/YZF600 Track bike
        93 FZR600 (Rescue Adoption - recovering in garage)
        87 ZG1000 Concours
        84 FJ1100
        84 Laverda RGS1000
        82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
        81 Honda CB900f
        75 Norton Commando 850
        75 Triumph Trident T160
        71 Honda SL175
        67 BSA Bantam 175
        67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Comment

• I played around with my 2007 FJR AE model for a year and a half. I put 33,000 miles on it during that short time. It is a great touring bike, but the auto clutch is just not made for twisty roads. So I bought a 2013 FJR with 9500 miles on it. That makes 4 horses in the barn. What the hell is wrong with me?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Renda View Post

Fargin CORKSUCKERS!

Honda sure did -- Goldwings go 3x or 4x as far with the same basic engine design.

Yes. Back in 2015 at the latest when they re designed a bunch of stuff. They also added a timing chain and ditched the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lickety Split View Post
              I played around with my 2007 FJR AE model for a year and a half. I put 33,000 miles on it during that short time. It is a great touring bike, but the auto clutch is just not made for twisty roads. So I bought a 2013 FJR with 9500 miles on it. That makes 4 horses in the barn. What the hell is wrong with me?
              This is probably not the place to get into what's wrong with ya but I like that FJR. So do you now own 2 of them...1 clutch and 1 auto?

Comment

• Originally posted by glory racing View Post
                This is probably not the place to get into what's wrong with ya but I like that FJR. So do you now own 2 of them...1 clutch and 1 auto?
                Thanks. Yeah that makes two of them. I am going to use the auto for commuting and the new one for touring. I'll probably ride it up there the next warm weekend. There are some properties in Peel (near 125 ) that I am looking at.

Comment

• Originally posted by phydeaux View Post
                  Have you looked into Heidenau ?
                  I have, I have heard they last, but donít know much else about them. I donít mind changing out the tires, but I donít wanna pay a premium for a knobby thatíll get burned off riding to the trails. But at the same time I want a at least 50/50 tire so I donít suffer too much when the pavement ends.

Comment

• I played around with my 2007 FJR AE model for a year and a half. I put 33,000 miles on it during that short time. It is a great touring bike, but the auto clutch is just not made for twisty roads. So I bought a 2013 FJR with 9500 miles on it. That makes 4 horses in the barn. What the hell is wrong with me?
                    I know, only 4 bikes, what is wrong with you?

Comment

Fargin CORKSUCKERS!

So, tell us how you really feel...........................
                      Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

Fargin CORKSUCKERS!

Heh. As mentioned by another poster, yes.

I'm only just now coming to accept they're a legit option after getting stranded by a couple that were only moderately used and failed in ways too expensive to repair. Maybe that's a lesson, it's only taken me 40 years to get over those
                        Black Lives Matter

Comment

• Hah yeah. I wouldn’t have owned any of the older ones anyway. We’re like riding in a poorly optioned tin can

The new ones (she got this one with all the options minus sunroof and eyesight for 20,900) with everything they offer and 4wd you just can’t beat it with any other brand. She also finagled herself a free certified warranty which ups the power train to 100k/6 Years. She is a better negotiator than me

Comment

• Originally posted by Lickety Split View Post
                            Thanks. Yeah that makes two of them. I am going to use the auto for commuting and the new one for touring. I'll probably ride it up there the next warm weekend. There are some properties in Peel (near 125 ) that I am looking at.
                            Peel is a nice area. Come on up this weekend...the low for Sunday is 1 but it is gonna warm up to damn near 20. That aint nothin for a real FJR rider.

Comment

• Tusk Feeler Gauge Set...

If you're planning on doing a valve clearance check and are in need of a set of feeler gauges, I highly recommend these by Tusk. You need the tapered design to check the middle intake valve and being a 32 leaf design, has all the sizes you need to make accurate checks. I got mine off eBay for under $11.
                              Attached Files
                              "Hey Cancer, Tťigh trasna ort fťin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
                                She is a better negotiator than me
                                Better tits too!

Comment

Working...
                                X