Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started out as just a liquid cooling fan issue, and now it's a full on build. CPU arrived yesterday, so by this afternoon I should have an electric rocketship on my desk. [IMG]053 by Paul Steinhoff, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by KBay84; 02-24-2019, 10:24 AM.
    Semper Fidelis

ďTry to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.Ē

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Comment

• Can't. Stop. Buying. Guitar gear...

2005 Menatone Fish Factory (combo of Red Snapper and Blue Collar) overdrive.

I already have a late-90s Red Snapper that's the core of my tone. But to add a 2nd Menatone overdrive that I've lusted after in the SAME pedal, AND be able to stack them (both on at the same time to give a 3rd tone), is very exciting to me...

-T
      Attached Files
      Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
      My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
      More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• Cool Todd, my son plays in Nashville and loves his vintage pedals the most!

2019 Wr250r
        2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Comment

• Upgraded my 9 year old 50" Samsung Plasma to a 55" QLED Q7FN. The old 50" will go to the bedroom.
          Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd S View Post
            Can't. Stop. Buying. Guitar gear...

2005 Menatone Fish Factory (combo of Red Snapper and Blue Collar) overdrive.

I already have a late-90s Red Snapper that's the core of my tone. But to add a 2nd Menatone overdrive that I've lusted after in the SAME pedal, AND be able to stack them (both on at the same time to give a 3rd tone), is very exciting to me...

-T
            You want a Tumnus. Trust me, you do. The small one works great.
            Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
              You want a Tumnus. Trust me, you do. The small one works great.
              Thatís a nice pedal. I do know of Wampler. I have that tone really well covered, though, between my Zechariah Super-Duper-2-in-1 (two stage clean boost), my Zvex Ď59 Sound (also with a clean boost on top of OD), and now these very transparent Menatone overdrives.

Hopefully Iím done with new pedals for a bit. But dang Iíve been eyeballing those American Pro series Fender Jazzmasters...

-T

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd S View Post
                That’s a nice pedal. I do know of Wampler. I have that tone really well covered, though, between my Zechariah Super-Duper-2-in-1 (two stage clean boost), my Zvex ‘59 Sound (also with a clean boost on top of OD), and now these very transparent Menatone overdrives.

Hopefully I’m done with new pedals for a bit. But dang I’ve been eyeballing those American Pro series Fender Jazzmasters...

-T
                The Chris Stapleton signature Princeton may have me chasing more tones in the future. It sounds so good in the videos. I've been wanting a Milkman, but this thing sounds great and I only play at low volumes anyway. I really like Morgan for expensive, but not breaking the bank, lower volume amps too.
                Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
                  The Chris Stapleton signature Princeton may have me chasing more tones in the future. It sounds so good in the videos. I've been wanting a Milkman, but this thing sounds great and I only play at low volumes anyway. I really like Morgan for expensive, but not breaking the bank, lower volume amps too.
                  Small tube amps rule. My big Ď65 and Ď67 Bandmasters mostly collect dust. Iíll probably sell the Ď67 soon. I mostly play through a little 3w/5w Blackheart (1x12) or a 15w Vox Nightrain with custom 2x10.

-T

Comment

• Klim TK1200

3.5lb carbon fiber, pinlock, transitions lens, supposed to be one of the quietest on the market. They have a bare carbon option, for $250 more than I paid for this one. Same base construction. Cool but not worth it.

My other closest rival was the Schuberth C4. Klim tipped the scales with less weight, the transitions visor, and no integrated electronics. I already have a pair of Sena 20s and don't want to buy the integrated system that goes with the Schuberth lids.

Reviews were generally positive for both but more complaints of noise with the Schuberth.

I'll see how it goes.

Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by grommet View Post
                      Klim TK1200

3.5lb carbon fiber, pinlock, transitions lens, supposed to be one of the quietest on the market. They have a bare carbon option, for $250 more than I paid for this one. Same base construction. Cool but not worth it.

My other closest rival was the Schuberth C4. Klim tipped the scales with less weight, the transitions visor, and no integrated electronics. I already have a pair of Sena 20s and don't want to buy the integrated system that goes with the Schuberth lids.

Reviews were generally positive for both but more complaints of noise with the Schuberth.

I'll see how it goes.

Make sure you come bike with a good review of this helmet.
                      Does it run true to size?

Comment

Klim TK1200

I'll see how it goes.

The C4 I think was 50% off at Zilla a short time ago. I considered it. I can't remember exactly what dissuaded me. Might have been a little heavier, and I think the reviews were not awesome. Oh, and yeah, the electronics setup didnt sound ideal if not buying the integrated.

I just decided putting off a helmet. The HJC Rpha 70 is a contender if they ever come down in price. I like my Rpha ST.

Comment

Klim TK1200

I'll see how it goes.

What head shape is it? Iíve found only a Shoie fits me properly. I think Iím an ďintermediate ovalĒ.

Canít wear a bell. Iím right in between a M and L. Canít get it to fit right.

Comment

• Tony at Revzilla calls it intermediate oval.

I'll make a more detailed review and post later, but one thing to take note of. If you watch the review video on revzilla, take note of the width of the lower part of the helmet. It is narrower than the middle area, tapering in to the neck. This means it is very snug around the jaw line. If you have a wide jaw, it may be uncomfortable.
                            Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Will be interested in reading your review grommet. Quietness, internal airflow, and the transitions shield. I don't wear sunglasses with a helmet and currently a fan of dropdown visors.
                              -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• I am planning to visit the local dealer, which is fortunately nearby. I love my neotec but the interior is starting to show its age and the cost of new linings is close to this entire helmet.
                                '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                                '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                                (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

Working...
                                X