Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a Moto-D tail light for the retro, a small right side fairing mount that I'm replacing, front fender extender, and LED headlights.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
      Sure, but you aren't using the car and the lawn needs mowed!

      Thanks guys, that motor coupled with the 10 speed auto is an amazing ride.
      Oh, I'm a mowin mudderfudder.............

      Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
      He'd only use it to chase down Road Runners anyway.
      And I'd finally catch the bastage!
      Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

      My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
        Sure, but you aren't using the car and the lawn needs mowed!

        Thanks guys, that motor coupled with the 10 speed auto is an amazing ride.
        My rental last week was a '19 Camaro SS, with ONLY 455 HP & torque. First thing I did was switch to Sport mode. Fun, and did enjoy that 10 speed auto with paddle shifter, but can only imagine the craziness you have there. Way to go Mike!
        -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
          My rental last week was a '19 Camaro SS, with ONLY 455 HP & torque. First thing I did was switch to Sport mode. Fun, and did enjoy that 10 speed auto with paddle shifter, but can only imagine the craziness you have there. Way to go Mike!
          My (tuned) AWD Stinger can run with these. Electronic wizardry and all that. I personally haven't so far but there are videos online.

          You still have your Z? Should bring it to Calhoun (Paradise) one weekend that we're out there.
          '01 FZ1 set up for distance
          '07 FZ1 set up for fun
          (both in the *faster* blue)


          Which would you prefer?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AndyW View Post
            My (tuned) AWD Stinger can run with these. Electronic wizardry and all that. I personally haven't so far but there are videos online.

            You still have your Z? Should bring it to Calhoun (Paradise) one weekend that we're out there.
            The '71 RS? Yes, and since it is such perfect weather today, I actually drove it in to the office. After the complete front suspension rebuild with tubular A-arms and coilovers, she's tight, but still need to upgrade the rear bits. Also looking for some good used 17x8 wheels with proper backspacing until I'm ready for the Forgelines. Once I find a set of wheels then I'll mount some really sticky rubber on there. In the original Antique Green color, it makes for a sleeper, somewhat.
            -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

            Comment




            • Got me a truck after months of going back and forth between different models/bed sizes, and at one point giving up on the truck idea altogether. F150 3.7 V6 with 125k miles. It's super clean, inside and out. Not even a spec of rust underneath. Used it to take the FZ to a track day yesterday. Performed great, got ~20mpg on the interstate overall. Pretty happy with it.
              2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
              2011 Kawasaki Concours14
              2009 Yamaha FZ6

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AndyW View Post
                My (tuned) AWD Stinger can run with these. Electronic wizardry and all that. I personally haven't so far but there are videos online.

                You still have your Z? Should bring it to Calhoun (Paradise) one weekend that we're out there.
                Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is BS. Possibly in a drag race, but on the track with turns (given equal drivers), a Camaro would eat the KIA for lunch and then throw it up later.

                Car and Driver tested a Stinger at their 2018 Lightning Lap at VIR. The Stinger GT was six seconds a lap slower than a four-cylinder Camaro, which makes 180 HP less than the SS. They couldn't even complete one lap without the brakes completely fading away in the Stinger. It wasn't until KIA came up with $700 worth of European brake parts that it could turn a lap.

                You can read the verdict here - https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ning-lap-2018/

                The last time a Camaro SS was tested in 2017, and it was 16 seconds a lap quicker than the Stinger GT. It's going to take more than a tune to make up 16 seconds. That about 160 car lengths difference.

                Sorry to be a crank, but I just couldn't let this go unchallenged.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by okrider View Post


                  Got me a truck after months of going back and forth between different models/bed sizes, and at one point giving up on the truck idea altogether. F150 3.7 V6 with 125k miles. It's super clean, inside and out. Not even a spec of rust underneath. Used it to take the FZ to a track day yesterday. Performed great, got ~20mpg on the interstate overall. Pretty happy with it.
                  Congrats I haven't seen 20 mpg in a half ton pickup since I had a 66' F100 3sp. Manual without P/S or A/C. Got 22mpg highway with the 240 before it became a smoke bomb. And 20 highway with a fresh 300.
                  Don

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by okrider View Post
                    Got me a truck after months of going back and forth between different models/bed sizes, and at one point giving up on the truck idea altogether. F150 3.7 V6 with 125k miles. It's super clean, inside and out. Not even a spec of rust underneath. Used it to take the FZ to a track day yesterday. Performed great, got ~20mpg on the interstate overall. Pretty happy with it.
                    Congrats on the truck! If I ever get rid of the CRV, that's what I'll get. I get around 20-22 in the CRV loaded down with tools.

                    Comment


                    • Orkun, Congrats on the truck man!

                      Cool thing is that it will still carry that hitch hauler, should you decide to put a top on the bed. With proper setup, including a fan, make a great place to camp/sleep. Plus even more lockable storage. Either way, you've got a winner.
                      -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
                        Orkun, Congrats on the truck man!

                        Cool thing is that it will still carry that hitch hauler, should you decide to put a top on the bed. With proper setup, including a fan, make a great place to camp/sleep. Plus even more lockable storage. Either way, you've got a winner.
                        Thank you! I'm going to look into a camping solution as hotels/motels by the race track get expensive
                        2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
                        2011 Kawasaki Concours14
                        2009 Yamaha FZ6

                        Comment


                        • Congrats man. We'll have to hook up for a track day sometime. Next on the calendar for me is NCM in KY July 13-14. I'm going to stay on DOT tires for the year as I have a day left on the RS10's that came stock. I have a second set of 190/55 RS10's and picked up a set of 200/55 Q4's at the school this weekend at Barber. I'm going to try and get back to the track this fall as well.
                          Last edited by Wonger; 05-28-2019, 08:15 AM.
                          Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by okrider View Post


                            Got me a truck after months of going back and forth between different models/bed sizes, and at one point giving up on the truck idea altogether. F150 3.7 V6 with 125k miles. It's super clean, inside and out. Not even a spec of rust underneath. Used it to take the FZ to a track day yesterday. Performed great, got ~20mpg on the interstate overall. Pretty happy with it.
                            Looks similar to mine except I got a gas guzzling Coyote 5.0. Same wheels, same cab, same bed.
                            2001 Yamaha FZ1
                            1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by killer5280 View Post
                              Looks similar to mine except I got a gas guzzling Coyote 5.0. Same wheels, same cab, same bed.
                              What kind of mileage is that 5.0 giving you?
                              I always wonder how they compare to specs.
                              The 5.0 is about 400 hp so it's tempting to play with the power and lose mileage. They list the 3.7 as about 300hp so that's still good. I'm getting 15.5 out of a 2002 4.6 with 4x4.
                              Don

                              Comment


                              • I do mostly around town driving and get about 13 mpg. Highway only gets me about 16-17, but I drive 75 or 80.
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1
                                1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X