Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY nice!^^^^
    88 FZR400
    90 FZR/YZF600 Track bike
    93 FZR600 (Rescue Adoption - recovering in garage)
    87 ZG1000 Concours
    84 FJ1100
    84 Laverda RGS1000
    82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
    81 Honda CB900f
    75 Norton Commando 850
    75 Triumph Trident T160
    71 Honda SL175
    67 BSA Bantam 175
    67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Comment

• Originally posted by bullrage22 View Post
      cleaned guts...
      Great job. I love those old vices!

(I love Vices in general. Heh heh.)

What's the jaw size on that baby?
      88 FZR400
      90 FZR/YZF600 Track bike
      93 FZR600 (Rescue Adoption - recovering in garage)
      87 ZG1000 Concours
      84 FJ1100
      84 Laverda RGS1000
      82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
      81 Honda CB900f
      75 Norton Commando 850
      75 Triumph Trident T160
      71 Honda SL175
      67 BSA Bantam 175
      67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Comment

I counted 7 layers of paint. Base was black. Found some interesting information on the inter-webs regarding the maker, model etc. A lot of elbow grease, to take off a lot of dried grease..
        Very cool! Wonder why they would paint it

Comment

• I'd have been turning back too. I've picked up and rehabed a couple vintage vises at decent prices from flea markets but haven't ever seen one on the side of the road.
          '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

cleaned guts...

Thats going to be nice when your done with it. Are you going to paint it?

Comment

• I found this old Tonka truck in the trash while working at a customers. Think it's vintage 60's but not sure. I imagine some little kid had years of fun with this and was passed down until it found its way into the trash.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by hooligan998 View Post
                So I cut myself today. Turns out I bleed orange. Jackie and I went down to a local KTM dealer so I could test ride a Super Adventure. The one I test rode was the R model. I ended up purchasing the S model. This LC8 motor flat out rips. The torque is simply jaw dropping. My dealer led test ride took us around various streets in and around the city, but at one point we were up to almost 80 and the beast was only getting started. I'll bring my 1290 SA-S home Tuesday as this one was not prepped yet.

Funny side note. 13 years ago I bought a new 06 Ford F150 and the following spring I bought my 07 R1. The cycle repeats itself I guess. I'm one lucky guy though as my wife is the one who gave me the green light for this. Got a smoking deal too. Zero percent financing for 48 months and the OTD price was under the MSRP.

More pics when I get to bring it home on Tuesday.

I could go on and on about the motor and the fun . . .

You'll find out.
                Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Renda View Post
                  Great job. I love those old vices!

(I love Vices in general. Heh heh.)

What's the jaw size on that baby?
                  4'' jaw. I thought about removing them- however, the pins wouldn't budge. Not interested in screwing it up. milled down the high spots, and trued up all the moving parts- made them square to each other.

Overall weight 67 lbs. per the Charles Parker sales flyer from 1919. Found that from someone who went to the archives and digitized pretty much every vise made that was worth digitizing. Quite fascinating and time consuming. Damn expensive too. About $26.00 for this model back in 1919..
                  Last edited by bullrage22; 06-14-2020, 06:53 PM.
                  Nomenclatorial Strategy

Comment

• Originally posted by redseal View Post
                    Thats going to be nice when your done with it. Are you going to paint it?
                    I'm torn. True be told, I've worked on this for the past week- all of 20+ hours removing paint, "the hard way" Rodney Dangerfield.. and look at it as intended, raw and a workhorse. However, I'll never put it to a test, so I do have some black enamel paint (gloss) which replaces the flat black I found as the base coat below the 6 other spray paint jobs lurking on top. I'm just not sure what to do.

These are semi valuable, to someone. $150-$750 after some research. I'm sure some old dude would want a piece of history to complete his shop and wouldn't mind paying some coin for a rock solid hunk of metal to attach to his Norwegian workbench.

I may keep it as is, for now. But a purdy black coat of paint with red/white lettering would make quite the show piece..
                    Nomenclatorial Strategy

Comment

• Its current state..cleaned and ready for a project.
                      Attached Files
                      Nomenclatorial Strategy

Comment

• You did a really nice job on that. I'd be torn too on painting it. Looks so nice raw.

Comment

• I swear I saw the same vise yesterday at the flea market. Wish I'd taken a photo as I forget the price they were asking.
                          '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

• After entirely too much effort searching I finally found a 40" deck being sold by someone who wasn't a moron and/or didn't sell it out from under me. I realize it's about the ugliest contraption imaginable but boy howdy does it fill my need where a borrowed tractor with an 8' deck can't reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
                              After entirely too much effort searching I finally found a 40" deck being sold by someone who wasn't a moron and/or didn't sell it out from under me. I realize it's about the ugliest contraption imaginable but boy howdy does it fill my need where a borrowed tractor with an 8' deck can't reach.
                              I need to see some video of that entire machine and some of it working.
                              Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
                                After entirely too much effort searching I finally found a 40" deck being sold by someone who wasn't a moron and/or didn't sell it out from under me. I realize it's about the ugliest contraption imaginable but boy howdy does it fill my need where a borrowed tractor with an 8' deck can't reach.

That looks similar to one my dad had back in the 60s.

Comment

Working...
                                X