Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wlfman View Post
    Just spent about 6 grand upgrading the Jeep. New 17" wheels with 35s (replaced the 15s with 33s), changed gears from 3.73 to 4.88, heavy duty upper and lower ball joints, heavy duty tie rod and ends, heavy duty drag link and heavy duty adjustable track bar.

2020-12-10 16.01.45.jpg
    Wow! That bad boy is ready for some serious off-road. Does it have the inline 6 cylinder?

You should come visit, I have 2 challenging driveways you'd enjoy.
    -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post

Wow! That bad boy is ready for some serious off-road. Does it have the inline 6 cylinder?

You should come visit, I have 2 challenging driveways you'd enjoy.
      3.8L V6

2006 was the last year the inline 6 was used in the Wrangler, mine is a 2010

When we've had a lot of rain I have to put it in 4WD to get out of my driveway LOL
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• I wish the 4-door wrangler could tow more than 3500 lbs; we would've considered one.

The truck they just came out with can tow 5k, but it's not enough. And it looks stupid. IMO, of course.

-T
        Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
        My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
        More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• 21,000 miles - it's time ----

Comment

• After participating in Winter Field Day with our local ham radio club, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I've been debating for the last few months and this is truly a "ham shack in a box". HF down to 160m, up through the 70cm/440 band, AM, FM, SSB, D-STAR, APRS, DPRS, GPS.....yada, yada, yada.

Small enough to carry on the bike for operating out in the field across many bands and modes.
            Attached Files
            -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Ordered a new truck awhile back and it came in this week, my 2015 had 190k on it and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore.
              This one has the 6.2 litre , 10 speed auto, adaptive cruise, 360 degree camera system ETC...

Comment

After participating in Winter Field Day with our local ham radio club, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I've been debating for the last few months and this is truly a "ham shack in a box". HF down to 160m, up through the 70cm/440 band, AM, FM, SSB, D-STAR, APRS, DPRS, GPS.....yada, yada, yada.

Small enough to carry on the bike for operating out in the field across many bands and modes.
                Nice, You could talk to Tierra del Fuego with that set up. Do most ham operators speak English?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
                  Ordered a new truck awhile back and it came in this week, my 2015 had 190k on it and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore.
                  This one has the 6.2 litre , 10 speed auto, adaptive cruise, 360 degree camera system ETC...
                  Nice. The 360 camera is sweet. Have it on my Titan XD.
                  That adaptive cruise is something I can't get used to. I personally hate it.
                  YAMAHA

Comment

• Nice looking truck Mike.

I’ve got the 360 camera and sensors on my Infiniti, definitely nice and useful in difficult parking situations. It was a big change from using just mirrors backing into spots to having cameras and sensors galore.

Comment

After participating in Winter Field Day with our local ham radio club, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I've been debating for the last few months and this is truly a "ham shack in a box". HF down to 160m, up through the 70cm/440 band, AM, FM, SSB, D-STAR, APRS, DPRS, GPS.....yada, yada, yada.

What class license do you have?
                      001.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
                        Ordered a new truck awhile back and it came in this week, my 2015 had 190k on it and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore.

I could see that fear if it was a Dodge.
                        I took my then 22 year old F 150 to Wisconsin with 290k of local miles. The final miles total on that truck was 392k and was only on the hook once while I owned it.
                        Don

Comment

• Originally posted by FUP View Post

What class license do you have?
                          001.JPG
                          General atm. KN4LJR Relatively new to ham operating and still working to get on HF myself. With the recent move it has been difficult to find time to get the antenna up. MaxCon OCFD that needs to be strung up. Also have a KW TS520SE, a classic. The 705 has been on my radar since early last year, lots of internal debate but in the end after researching and hearing what/how others are using it, I decided it was indeed a rig for me.

It is primarily a QRP rig (had earlier considered a KX2/3), so will be great for hiking the hills here for SOTA and POTA, as well as being compact enough to transport on the bike for remote ops along the way. BRP locations should be fun! Yet, if you want more power or a tuner, simply add it. Many have already done so and it works as expected, just make the proper measurements for noise, spurs, out of band emissions, etc.

It is a modern rig with all the widgets like Bluetooth, WiFi, DSTAR, A/D-PRS, etc, so it isn't like buying 10-20 yo tech at todays prices. Nothing wrong with the older stuff, but this thing packs a ton of stuff in a small box. Only using 2m/440 atm, and have managed to now get on DSTAR, since there are several repeaters about 1000' up the mountain. Nice mix of 2m, 440, and 23cm, with FM, DSTAR, and DMR. I'm putting together a PiStar MMDVM for travel use.

A couple of weeks ago also picked up a AnyTone D878 Plus, for the DMR action here. It has BT audio/ptt so will be the HT that eventually gets the most use around the property here.

Like motorcycles, ham radio can put a dent in the budget.

KN4LJR

Comment

• image_149352.jpg Duplicate post. Ugggh. Anyway, I'll throw in a pic of the old Kenwood and the new Anytone.
                            Last edited by iluvmyfz1; 02-05-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by isleoman View Post

Nice, You could talk to Tierra del Fuego with that set up. Do most ham operators speak English?
                              Once the antenna is up correctly, I should be able to communicate simplex to just about any point on the planet, dependent upon a few variables. No repeaters, no cell towers, no satellites required. Radio to radio. Many operators do speak English, but not all. Most? My guess is yes.

Haven't figured out multiquote function on the new setup.

Comment

image_149352.jpg Duplicate post. Ugggh. Anyway, I'll throw in a pic of the old Kenwood and the new Anytone.
                                Love the old Astatic D-104 mic ... used to have one on my Yaesu Ft-101B back in the late 80's
                                Renewed my Advanced class ticket in December, and I sometimes get on 20 or 40 meters with my 'modern' Icom IC-720A & old Butternut ground mounted vertical. With the exception of a cheap Baufeng talkie, all my Ham gear is 30+ yo. 73 - KI5AT
                                Doug Smith
                                Blue '01

Comment

Working...
                                X