Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a new super-tele lens - Sigma 150-600 mm. Two levels of stabilization, plus two custom settings you can program ( & firmware updates) via an optional USB docking 'puck'. Still getting used to shooting with almost 5 lbs of glass attached to the DSLR. Was planning on using it at air shows and MotoGP @ COTA ... that probably won't be until 2022.
    image_149357.jpg

Sigma150-600_1b.jpg
    CrescentBend_2-6_29c.jpg .
    Doug Smith
    Blue '01

Comment

• Originally posted by fz1azul View Post

Love the old Astatic D-104 mic ... used to have one on my Yaesu Ft-101B back in the late 80's
      Renewed my Advanced class ticket in December, and I sometimes get on 20 or 40 meters with my 'modern' Icom IC-720A & old Butternut ground mounted vertical. With the exception of a cheap Baufeng talkie, all my Ham gear is 30+ yo. 73 - KI5AT
      Ha, yes the "lollipop" does work and looks neat, but I'm on the lookout for decently priced MC-50. Hopefully hit up a fest this year if they have one nearby. Looks like Dayton is planning to be held but doubt I'll go.

While not new to rf/electronics, I am relatively new to ham radio, April 2018. Mostly local 2m/440 repeater stuff but now getting into hf, DSTAR, and DMR. Still need to get my OCFD strung up properly to reach out on 20/40/80. Then at some point run a long piece of wire for 160 since I have plenty of space here.

I started with a TYT ht, and those China units do work well. You have excellent vintage gear, it simply works, hard to argue with that. Cool! Once I get the dipole up I'll advise and maybe we can make a QSO.

I see where you dough goes....nice glass for the camera! Looking forward to seeing some more of those shots.

-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Not the Aerostitch that I want, but it certainly has some great features for the price I paid. Sedici Avventura 2 piece 4 season riding suit. It has full length rain and thermal liners, vents and pockets galore. At this point, the only drawbacks I notice are no zippered legs on liners so boots have to come off to don and doff the suit, and the main zippers are left handed, but I can get used to that.

Overall the suit got real good reviews and I talked to a few owners who highly recommended it.

I bought it at Cycle Gear get in Richmond, VA. I wanted to actuality try it on and I'm glad I did. I got an in store discount plus a veterans discount and saved about $100 off the final price. Rang up a tick under $400, so I'm pretty happy with that.

20210208_221204.jpg 20210208_221151.jpg 20210208_221138.jpg
        "Hey Cancer, Tιigh trasna ort fιin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• Been looking for months for a deal on a pair of well armored goretex gloves with little insulation so they’d be comfortable in summer storms. All that and inexpensive isn’t a common combination. I was researching these after seeing a used short pair for 129 for sale, imagine my surprise at finding Twisted Throttle had my size on clearance in the long glove for 120 shipped to my door. Lifetime warranty and checks all the boxes, can’t beat that.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by _Will_ View Post
            Been looking for months for a deal on a pair of well armored goretex gloves with little insulation so they’d be comfortable in summer storms. All that and inexpensive isn’t a common combination. I was researching these after seeing a used short pair for 129 for sale, imagine my surprise at finding Twisted Throttle had my size on clearance in the long glove for 120 shipped to my door. Lifetime warranty and checks all the boxes, can’t beat that.
            So, they do make canned ham sized gloves...……………………………….
            Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Over the weekend Home Depot had all this for $169, it arrived yesterday. The drill bit set was way nicer than I expected, just said includes bit set. The drill bit set and the drill (bare tool) would normally sell for more than wait I paid.

drill.jpg

Comment

• Harry1976
                Harry1976 commented
                Editing a comment
                The Milwaukee sets are great and they have tons of tools that work with the 18 volt batteries.

• bradd
                bradd commented
                Editing a comment
                I got the 18V Trimmer and blower a few years ago and was just looking for a drill but the set was too good to pass up.

• Finally broke down and got a new chair, the hydraulics in the old one would fail every 20 minutes or so. And since I had Achilles tendon surgery, that situation wasn't optimal. Staples had a sale on these, pretty comfy so far.
              Semper Fidelis

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Comment

• Nice,looks like if you pull off the armrests it's ready to be installed in a racecar
                '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •

Comment

• The reason why I bought that model is because the arms actually fold back, and has a recline tensioner, because I hate slouching back.
                  I spent the better part of a couple days in it and no discomfort.

Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
                  Nice,looks like if you pull off the armrests it's ready to be installed in a racecar
                  Semper Fidelis

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Comment

• I purchased this awhile ago, but thought I'd post. I've always been into watches, but nothing at this level. So I got a huge payout from a startup I was working at and decided that I wanted to get me an super nice expensive watch -- a Rolex. Boy, was I in for a surprise. I walked into the Rolex dealer telling them that I wanted a Rolex Explorer. They pretty much laughed. I didn't know at the time, but you can't just walk into an authorized dealer and expect to walk out with a new sports model Rolex watch. They told me about the wait list, etc. The economy must be doing good considering watches worth thousands of dollars had a huge waiting lists behind them. Hell, this watch costs more than my FZ1. Anyway, I told them to put my name on the list. I left thinking that they'd never get back to me.

Fast forward eight months and I got a call from them telling me that my name finally filtered its way to the top and that they had a Rolex Explorer in stock right now ready to be purchased. Honestly, it took a few to process because I almost forgot that I put my name on their list. I told them I was still interested and pulled the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minex View Post
                      I purchased this awhile ago, but thought I'd post. I've always been into watches, but nothing at this level. So I got a huge payout from a startup I was working at and decided that I wanted to get me an super nice expensive watch -- a Rolex. Boy, was I in for a surprise. I walked into the Rolex dealer telling them that I wanted a Rolex Explorer. They pretty much laughed. I didn't know at the time, but you can't just walk into an authorized dealer and expect to walk out with a new sports model Rolex watch. They told me about the wait list, etc. The economy must be doing good considering watches worth thousands of dollars had a huge waiting lists behind them. Hell, this watch costs more than my FZ1. Anyway, I told them to put my name on the list. I left thinking that they'd never get back to me.

Fast forward eight months and I got a call from them telling me that my name finally filtered its way to the top and that they had a Rolex Explorer in stock right now ready to be purchased. Honestly, it took a few to process because I almost forgot that I put my name on their list. I told them I was still interested and pulled the trigger.

About Time! Nice.....

Comment

• I'm not going another Christmas without Clark.
                        Attached Files
                        '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •

Comment

• Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
                          I'm not going another Christmas without Clark.
                          I love that movie...…………..never gets old.
                          Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Just ordered new custom drive shafts for the jeep.
                            JK_1310_Front_and_Rear_Package__07141.1542237565.1280.1280.jpg?c=2.jpg
                            Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• Just ordered new custom drive shafts for the jeep.
                              I installed one in my Jeep back in december. It was very well built, plus you get a free T-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X