Weather Check In - Whatcha Got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Check In - Whatcha Got?

Here in Houston currently 36 and cloudy. Predicting 8 and freezing rain for Monday.

2019 Wr250r
    2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

It's the "Winter is ending" rainy season, here in the FL panhandle. It's averaged about 2 inches per day for the last ten days and the yard is a layer of sponges over a sea of mud. The sinkhole behind the house is overflowing and the outflow runs across the yard. Every year around this time, I pick up a couple more 50# bags of river rock to push down into the softest places. The bike is parked in the only place hard enough to support it, until the ground drys out somewhat. 25 years ago, I filled the driveway ruts with quickcrete, several years in a row, so it's usable, but the sod won't support the weight of the bike to get it around the house to the driveway.

Other than that, the weather is fine, 50 at night and 65 during the day :-)

Comment

In Southern Indiana We have 8 inches of snow on the ground with another 10 to 14 predicted for the next few days, its not supposed to get above freezing for at least a week.

Comment

Here in North Central TN (I'm 3 miles from KY line as crow flies) its currently 25 with a thin layer of ice on everything. No snow yet, but they're saying possibly up to 3 inches over next few days. Temps in mid to low 20s for the next few days for highs and lows in low teens.
        Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

I have not seen it this bad in N Texas is many years. Almost 1" of snow and temps in the teens. HAHA, I know you northern type folk would laugh and say it is a nice spring day and go out in shorts and flip flops but Texas persons are not used to this. The stores were packed yesterday with people grabbing food stuffs as God forbid they run out of Cheetos and hostess snack cakes for lil Johnnie and lil Rebeca.

I bought beer and some steaks.

Went around my neighborhood on the KLR650 just to say I have ridden in the snow before neighbors turn to cannibalism to stay alive.

Comment

Currently -15F
            YAMAHA

Comment

39 degrees and drizzle, absolutely miser a bubble.

Comment

Sun is out here, but only going to be 58 degrees today for a high. Next week in the mid sixties. Mid sixties is about right for this time of year here.

Might have to pop over to San Juan Bautista on two wheels, for a cup of coffee, around noon or so today.

You all have a nice day.

Dean
                Dean Dinnetz

Comment

Low 60s here in Redlands. Slightly overcast and breezy. Might get out on the bike for a few if I can break away from Valentine's shopping with the wife, either before or after.

Comment

Living in the hills of Central Ma winter didn't really get started till mid Jan. It's about normal right now with about 12" left on the ground from recent storms.

I just bought a 16" pushing snow shovel made from plastic with a metal edge strip for the storms where we get 6" or less. I was using two 12" wide shovels (one in each hand) to push light snow during last storm. I looked like Edward Scissor Hands

I end up with snow shovels like some people carry golf clubs. Each one has a special use.

12" wide bent handle lifting shovels for end of driveway plow drifts,
                    12" straight handle lifting shovel,
                    short plastic shovel that gets left in the truck,
                    16" wide steel ice scraping shovel,
                    6" metal ice scrapers and one of the most important clubs in my bag the extendable snow rake for roof eaves. Add to that a collection of Ariens snow blowers

I could be a caddy on the pro sno circuit.

Comment

-7 here today, with 4-10" of snow depending on how it drifts.

I went out to lunch on Friday on my KTM in 6 weather. Roads were clear and dry then. It was brisk but I was warm. I'd go for a spin today but the SUMO has street tires on it at the moment.
                      Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

Currently 38 and still raining/drizzly for almost a solid week (except Wednesday, a one-off mid-week surprise). Supposed to be down in the mid-20's tonight. I'm ready for February to be over. So glad I don't have to go into an office every day....or ever.
                        -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

32*C and Sunny here today. We've had a relatively cold wet summer this year. I haven't had the bike out much at all with working from home and no MotoGP to ride to at the island.
                          Mods:
                          Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Comment

About 45 and raining in Concord NC. Only 8 sunny days so far this year. Thankfully the snow has been missing us to the northwest by 40 or so miles.
                            Last week it hit the high sixtys and the sun came out. Did a quick local blitz for an hour and half. Bike ran great and felt great.

Comment

Originally posted by roundhouse View Post
                              I have not seen it this bad in N Texas is many years. Almost 1" of snow and temps in the teens. HAHA, I know you northern type folk would laugh and say it is a nice spring day and go out in shorts and flip flops but Texas persons are not used to this. The stores were packed yesterday with people grabbing food stuffs as God forbid they run out of Cheetos and hostess snack cakes for lil Johnnie and lil Rebeca.

I bought beer and some steaks.

Went around my neighborhood on the KLR650 just to say I have ridden in the snow before neighbors turn to cannibalism to stay alive.

I only rode in the snow once. I was 14 on my Honda 50 and I hadn't ridden a quarter of a mile when the bike slide out from under me and slammed me hard on the street.
                              '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

Working...
                              X