Old Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Love

Stopped at the local dealership on the way home from Lowe's and ran into my first infatuation with I4's.
    Other than the paint color and pipe it was stock.
    The one I fell in love with was candy apple red with gold pin striping.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I thought this was going to be a thread about ex girlfriends, or as I like to call them “dodged bullets” .

Comment

A high school classmate rode a CB400F (with the red tank of course) to school. This was back in 1980, I was so jealous of him at the time. The motor on those little I4s were so jewel like. Now I look at modern bikes and am so darn jaded. The simple wonder of youth is a fantastic thing. If one could transport a modern bike back to those simpler times, I think my head would have exploded.
      With experience of a tortured youth, we turn up the music and go in search of the truth.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M

Comment

• old77zrider
        old77zrider commented
        Editing a comment
        Jewel like is very close to my description of the engine.
        I thought it ran as smooth as a fine swiss watch.
        And valve adjustments were soooo simple and quick.

I think I was in jr high when the 350 and 500 4cyl were what everyone drooled over, by the time I graduated it was 750 4cyl and then the Z1. The brother in law sold his 400f (blue) recently. I rode it a few times... they are toy like in size. Perfect for him. Have to agree kids have some great options available to them now days. Too bad most aren't interested.

Comment

In my high school, my peers (heh) were drooling over David Brown tractors. I was the only kid who could start the hand cranked Case tractor we had for the FFA fields.

Comment

My first street bike was a CB450, I think it was a 72 model, My second was a CB750 four, I think it was a 74 model.

Comment

I had a '74 900 Z1. Fasted bike you could get at the time, supposedly. Funny that my 2015 FZ-07 starter bike has very similar specs. 75 hp, low 12 second quarter mile and 130 top speed, not to mention how much lighter it is.
            "‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Comment

• old77zrider
              old77zrider commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup! After a year on my 76 kz400 I bought a new 77kz1000 (the fastest street legal machine you could buy) for a bank busting $2400.00.

The first bike I bought was a CB450. Wouldn't start. When I finally managed to kick start it the first time, I was so shocked it actually turned over I promptly took my hand off the clutch and it died. I couldn't find anyone to work on it to fix the electrical issues, and I wanted to ride, so I sold it back to the previous owner and bought a Ninja. Push the red button, bike turned on, magic! Let's go ride!

Still, it was beautiful.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Punishment is its own reward. IBA MEMBER 27716!

Comment

Working...
            X