The Multigauge Order Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Multigauge Order Thread

Links for all installation instructions are here.

The time has finally come. Prototype testing is done, and I'm ready to make orders for boards, all the electronic components, and other hardware. If you want the Gauge of Eternal Coolness, post up here.

Cost will be $220. Delivery time will be 6-7 weeks after I get the first batch of orders in and processed through the various vendors I'll be working with.

My first order will be for either 50 or 100 boards. It will depend on how many people want them. Follow up orders will be in groups of 50. If in between a batch order, you decide you want one, it will be a special order and will cost more. There are economies of scale at work here; I can't do it for the same price in small quantities.

The Fine Print: (please read it)

No deposit required. I know, I said I would ask for a deposit. Then I changed my mind. I would like to avoid a situation where I have a lot of money from board members, and then something goes wrong. Not that I anticipate something going wrong. But if it does, I don't want to be holding anyone's cash while they are waiting for the problems to get fixed.

I'll be ordering all the hardware and paying the up-front costs myself. Yes, I know this involves considerable risk on several levels. I could make a mistake and end up with bad parts. I could order more than people will buy. etc. So I'm doing all I can to prevent those kinds of issues.

To that end: This is a serious deal. I'll be putting many thousands of dollars on the line. Please follow these simple rules:

1. If you want a Multigauge, just post here saying so.

2. If you are not sure, please do not post in this thread.

3. If you have a question about the Mulitgauge, either ask in the main thread or send me a PM. Don't ask questions here.

4. If you have a question about this order, or the terms, or anything else, send me a PM. Or post it in the other thread. If the question is relevant to the whole process, I will post it up here for everyone to see.

I mostly want to keep this thread simple so I can easily keep track of who has ordered and who has not, without going through page after page of other stuff. I'm trying to be as transparent about this process as I can, so that there is nothing going on that is not out in the open.

Thanks for your cooperation, and all the interest in the Multigauge.

Note: Information regarding the different colors of displays and backlights can be found here, here, and here. The last link has the information about how to order displays/backlights in any color other than white/white. All the part numbers and links to where you can buy them are included there.

Current order status 5/23/2015:
    I have 30 confirmed orders here. I have a minor design mod to implement, then I'm going to get a batch of 50 on order. See this post in the main thread. We're on, folks.

Order status:

07/18/2016:

PM sent to the following for the first units to go out:

ajbigwood, livingstone, mel0n, Dave.R, Lutarious, packnrat, stevols, fzjerry, Waltermydoinhere, Liteitup.

I skipped varagaz because he's in the UK and it will be easier for him to get one from Christian than from me. Pretty sure I sent him a message to that effect long ago. Also skipped Sammax, because he's no longer with us

As a thank-you to eskort for his help with this project, he's getting a free one. He made all the ambient temp sensors Thanks, Bob.

07/19/2016

Payment received from livingstone and Waltermydoinhere. Will ship today.

Sent notification PM to luc, Tavarian, Dcrippa, smithworld, mer43, Yamarocket630, fasterthanu, secaII4884, blueblur, RennGent, mjstouty, clocklaw.

7/20/2016

I've shipped (on 7/19/2016) to:

eskort
    livingstone
    Waltermydoinhere
    Yamarocket630
    luc
    mer43
    blueblur
    ztrede
    shenny

Will ship today to:

Paulibiker
    fasterthanu
    FastBastard
    packnrat
    longeze

and maybe to smithworld, if I hear back from him on his faceplate selection.

I've sent messages to the following to let them know I can ship as soon as I get payment, but I have not yet heard back:

ajbigwood
    mel0n
    Dave.R
    Lutarious
    stevols
    fzjerry
    Tavarian
    Dcrippa
    secaII4884
    RennGent
    mjstouty
    clocklaw
    ndibiase2
    iluvmyfz1
    Contessa1
    justin125
    FizzrGeezr
    PDXCHRIS
    bfergie10
    RJP31484
    riding4fun
    drobinson
    hpras
    jtsfz1

If you are on this last list and have not received a PM from me with shipping and payment details, please let me know asap.

The following have expressed interest but at this point I do not have enough units to sell. If any of the above drop out, you will get them in the order you posted in this thread.

dreis91
    wallydude440
    Ardvaark
    Rcmillard
    nobaddog

7/24/2016

Shipped to smithworld 7/21/2016, along with the others mentioned above.
    Shipped to Locomojo04 7/22/2016

Will ship to drobinson, clocklaw, and mjstouty on Monday, 7/25/2016.

I had one dropout from the rest of the list, so dreis91 is next in line. He got the shipping and payment message today.

7/27/2016

Shipped to drobinson, clocklaw, and mjstouty on Monday, 7/25/2016.
    Shipped to dreis91 Tuesday, 7/26/2016.

Will ship to RennGent, Rcmillard, and nobaddog Thursday, 7/28/2016

I had a few more dropouts today, so everyone on the waiting list is now on the 'will get one from this batch' list. I have 1 not spoken for.

8/9/2016

Shipped to secaII4884 8/8/2016
    Shipped to klj7734 8/8/2016
    Will ship to hpras and crankcase today, 8/9/2016

There are a number of guys who have not replied to my messages saying the MG is ready. Most have gotten 2 messages, with no reply. I'm going to PM all those guys today to let them know the gauges they had spoken for are now available first come first served to whoever else wants them. This means 13 gauges will be available.

10/27/2018:

I have 6 Multigauges left. Anyone looking for a Christmas present let me know.

Links for all installation instructions are here.

Keep an eye on this post for ongoing info.
    Last edited by grommet; 10-29-2018, 05:57 PM. Reason: order update
    Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

First order! I'll take one, Patrick.
    Last edited by ajbigwood; 05-09-2015, 05:26 AM.
    My '02
    04-06 R1 front end w/ carbon fiber fender; R1 master cylinder; Penske 8981 shock; Ivan's jet kit; SW Motech top/side racks; Givi E360 panniers; Coocase S50 top case; 4 advancer; Throttlemeister cruise control; NC shield w/ laminar lip; Sargent Seat; 17t sprocket; Galfer braided lines; R1 shift arm; 12V outlet; Watsen signals; Competition Werkes fender eliminator; Grip puppies; Oxford heated grips; Tech-Spec tank pads; varied GoPro mounts; custom radiator guard; M4 slip-on.

Comment

I want a Multigauge. Please!!!

Comment

I am in, awaiting updates. Also including a couple of pictures might help you so people don't have to dig through the other thread to see what it is/does.
        Last edited by mel0n; 05-04-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Sign me up for one! My PayPal is burning a hole in my pocket.
          2003 Yamaha FZ-1, 2000 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1980 Yamaha SR250

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

packnrat needs this.

please include me in this deal.

thanks.

Comment

Im in!!!!! Thanks

Comment

I am so absolutely definitely most seriously positively getting one!

And dying when you're not really sick is really sick, you know. Really! - Charles De Mar

Comment

I'm in ,,,,,,,, i live in the uk please please send me 1

Comment

I'm in. Please place an order for one. Thanks!!

Comment

Uno mas! Uno mas! Uno Mas!
                        Attached Files
                        - Moderation is my weakness. -me
                        //Donnie
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        Inventory;
                        - 02 FZ1 (Gen 1),
                        - 05 Yamaha WR450
                        - 06 Yamaha TTR50
                        - 06 Kawasaki KLX 125

Comment

Add me to the list, please.

Comment

i'm in

Comment

Though they have not posted here, eskort and kjm are both in on this order. Both graciously offered help along the way and went of their way to do so.
                              Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X