Guess you shouldn't get them wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess you shouldn't get them wet

40 miles home in a rainstorm today. Hands seem a little different. Guess the joe rocket gloves bleed a bit.
    Attached Files
    Chuck P
    2003 FZ1
    2007 FJR1300A
    http://www.oldjeep.com

I have some tan Aerostitch gloves that turn my hands orange when they get wet.
    "‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Comment

if they're newish, send company an email with that pic, they'll probably send you a new set or something. Icon did that for me when I had an issue with some gloves from them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jared p View Post
        if they're newish, send company an email with that pic, they'll probably send you a new set or something. Icon did that for me when I had an issue with some gloves from them in the past.
        Good idea, they are brand new
        Chuck P
        2003 FZ1
        2007 FJR1300A

Comment

Better idea. Trash the JR gloves and get something different. Not a fan at all of JR - had them fail big time. And I think what you have on your hand is all the evidence of quality that you need.
          Not sure what I should put down for my signature.....

Comment

The dye stains are normal, ever since the 70's when the EPA made the leather companies quit using oil based dyes. That's why I wear undyed work gloves to ride and switched from riding leathers to textiles. They don't ruin my dress shirts when I get rained on. Socks are cheap, so I still wear leather boots :-)

Comment

Originally posted by WDD View Post
              Better idea. Trash the JR gloves and get something different. Not a fan at all of JR - had them fail big time. And I think what you have on your hand is all the evidence of quality that you need.
              Only 2 choices at the local store and the alpinstar gloves don't have long enough fingers no matter what size I tried. They seemed to just get fatter but not longer. Similiarly the joe rocket jackets get taller and longer sleeves without increasing around the middle.
              Chuck P
              2003 FZ1
              2007 FJR1300A

Comment

Originally posted by WDD View Post
                What was the failure?

I haven't worn a black dyed leather glove yet that didn't bleed when wet. From jr to a*.
                We want food,medicine and one of them cows

Comment

HAHAHA! I have a pair of JR gloves and they have gotten soaked I did not have that prob.

Comment

FWIW, and I don't necessarily endorse the brand, a two-piece leather JR suit literally saved my ass.

Comment

I wound up getting another pair and those did not bleed. The ones that did bleed look almost blue now and it was the non leather/pleather part of the glove that seems to have bled. I've got other gloves, but none of them fit as well due to having pretty long fingers. My favorite set would be my BMC gloves, but even in an XXL the fingers don't fit right.

As far as the Joe rocket stuff, I run an upgraded forcefield back protector in both of my JR jackets but otherwise they have been good jackets - especially for the price.
                      Chuck P
                      2003 FZ1
                      2007 FJR1300A

Comment

My A-Star summer gloves have been wet many times. Never had any color bleed.
                        -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

Working...
                        X