coolant pipe on top of valve cover corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant pipe on top of valve cover corrosion

The coolant pipes that go into the top of the valve cover on my 20 year old gen1 looked very corroded. I cleaned them up, as per the picture. Left is before cleanup, Right is after cleanup.

Should it be coated with something on the outside? Perhaps some metal rust resistant paint, or zinc paint? Anybody got any ideas?

edited to add image link since my pasted image didn't work: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KPMPPTPRYJwMAzjW9
    Last edited by dmsantam; 01-21-2021, 11:28 PM.

No image showing up. To prevent future corrosion or rust some type of preventative coating should be applied. After proper cleaning to the substrate a paint like you mentioned would be very helpful.
    -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

Working...
    X