This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful Maintenance Information

Information that can help FZ owners w/o having to use the search!

Oil Filter Part Numbers:

NAPA 1358
    WIX 51358
    MOBIL 1 M1-110
    BOSCH 3323
    K&N KN-303
    PUROLATOR ML16817
    HI FLO HF303
    Wal-Mart ST7317
    AMSOIL EaOM103

Front Axle Allen Size: 19mm

Front Sprocket Nut Size: 36mm

Stock Sprocket Sizes:
    Front 16T
    Rear 44T

Oil Capacity:
    3.1 or 3.2 US Qts. w/filter change

Battery Model:
    YUASA YT14B-4

Tire Sizes:
    FRONT 120/70 ZR17
    REAR 180/55 ZR17

Lots of specs from Pat:
    http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/f...fications.html

Spark Plugs:
    NGK CR9E
    Autolite 4302

More to come.
    JCIII
    Last edited by Firerider; 09-28-2006, 08:16 AM.
    BBA, Member #4 Wraith
    BBA, Member #3 Moto Ed
    BBA, Member #2 Me
    BBA, Member #1 Homsch

82 CB 750F 86 Ninja 600R 92 Seca II 97 CBR 600 F3 98 VTR 1000 02 954 RR 02 FZ1 04 FZ1 04 CBR 1000RR, 04 Futura 04 Tuono Racing 08 Hypermotard 07 KTM Superduke 08 510 SMR, 05' GSXR 1K (for 4 hours), 07' FZ1, 08' Superduke, 09' Versys, 2010 Tiger, 2011 Speed Triple, 12' MTS, 13' ST3R, 13' HYS

Thanx JC...Nice job.

How about a Wally World Oil Filter-----ST3717.

Comment

thread stickified.

you might want to update your first post to specify "FZ1" (unless all the info is the same for the "FZ6").

may also want to specify "for the years '01 thru '05", as i'm not sure if there are any changes with the '06 model.
      Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
      "I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus

Comment

have 26k miles on 04FZ1, the only thing done is oil,air and fuel filter change. Oh, and spark plugs at 16k. Just replaced chain and sprokets, made a big difference ! The chain had become too tight and some spots and loose at the other places. Thought i needed a tune up or something, bike ran rough when slowing down...but it was the chain !!! so check the chain before spending money on tune ups etc.

Comment

Don't forget Autolite 4302 spark plugs. Bout 1/2 the price of the NGK's, and prolly just as good or maybe better.
          Ned, 03 FZ1 Audiovox Cruise Control (I AM REAL PROUD OF THAT ONE), a bunch of other stuff, Rotella T 5W-40 full synthetic, and WD40 ON THE CHAIN!!!

Comment

Great info. Keep it coming. Thanks

Comment

The Wally World filter is a ST 7 3 1 7......

Comment

Back around the first of April I put a K&N HP-1008 car filter on my 03 fz. It was a Sunday & Wal-Mart is a 45 min. drive. The local Adv Auto carries the K&N. 800 mi. later it still cranks up & don't smoke. Mobil 1 15W 50 car oil, but going to rotella nxt change. The K & N has a slot for safety wire on the nut, so I wired it up just for giggles. I tell my harley buddies the harmonic resonance at 11,500 rpm will spin them off of not wired.

Comment

FYI....just ran to Wally World for some synthetic Rotella (15W-40) and a filter. They didn't have any of the above mentioned. However, they did have a FRAM (I know), but I picked one up anyway for like $5.84 I think.

The FRAM oil filter is PH6017A
                  2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
                  1980 Yamaha XS650 Special II

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.

Comment

Rear axle nut

Can someone tell me the socket size needed for the rear axle nut.
                    Thank you

Comment

I think it is a size 32mm

Comment

1 1/4 will do the rear nut too. The SAE is actually a nicer tigher fit than 32mm.

Rotella 15-40 is NOT synthetic that is Dino. 5-40 is Syn and not a true syn.

I use 5-40 in most all of my engines except my GM 6.0 and Hemi they get Mobil1.

Comment

Funny, I tightened the chain and borrowed my neighbors 1 1/4, it worked great, was real snug. Bought a 32mm. later on just to be right, and yes, it is a touch looser than the 1 1/4.
                          01 FZ1
                          01 SV650
                          91 FXR Low Rider

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecock
                            FYI....just ran to Wally World for some synthetic Rotella (15W-40) and a filter. They didn't have any of the above mentioned. However, they did have a FRAM (I know), but I picked one up anyway for like $5.84 I think.

The FRAM oil filter is PH6017A

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what the FRAM #'s were and I started looking through this thread before I posted the question.
                            2003 FZ1--Stock for now.... 2003 GSXR 1000--many mods

Comment

Originally posted by PeteC
                              Funny, I tightened the chain and borrowed my neighbors 1 1/4, it worked great, was real snug. Bought a 32mm. later on just to be right, and yes, it is a touch looser than the 1 1/4.
                              If you do the conversion 1 1/4 is smaller than 32mm like 31.8 or somthing. I need a poster for my garage, be nice to just have all the SAEs in MM, and cups/liters etc. A big conversion poster. Maybe the FZ1oa could make one and sell it! Also list all the oil filters

Comment

Working...
                              X