Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone with and official Yamaha Shop Service Manual list the components they say should be removed to gain access for spark plug removal? I have already read through Patís FZ1 site on changing spark plugs, but I would like to know what the official Factory Yamaha Service Manual says.

Thanks
    Currently Owned Bikes: 2005 FZ1 Liquid Silver, and 2004 FZ1 Two-Tone Black&Silver
    Previously Owned Bikes: 2000 Kawasaki ZR-7 and Several Different Cruisers

Comment

why not use the yamaha oil filter?

Comment

Because the Purolator is better..
        '01 FZ1 set up for distance
        '07 FZ1 set up for fun
        (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

MMmm This lists walmart oil filter as a ST7317. (Super Tech right?)

However... someone listed a different number for Fram. I thought they both used the exact same number system? So is one of them wrong? Or are they interchangeable?
          Current Bike: 1983 Yamaha Midnight Virago, 750cc with some 1970's F-250 horns...
          Cage: 1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (in avatar)
          Baby Bro to mlogan

Comment

Originally posted by Mzachary View Post
            MMmm This lists walmart oil filter as a ST7317. (Super Tech right?)

However... someone listed a different number for Fram. I thought they both used the exact same number system? So is one of them wrong? Or are they interchangeable?
            Yes, Super Tech is Walmart. Yes, for a gen1 ST7317 is correct and Fram uses the same number for a similar filter. Where you probably saw a different number is because there are long and short filters from several manufacturers that will work. And, in the case of Fram, there's a "motorcycle specific" filter that has a different number.

So SuperTech 7317 is longer. SuperTech 6607 will work but is shorter. Fram makes a 7317 like the ST 7317 but also makes a motorcycle filter 6017A.

The filters in blue text in section 5 are what you want:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo...ef.html#SpinOn
            Black Lives Matter

Comment

I don't know if this will work, but I hope so. I attached a program I keep on my desktop and use daily to convert anything metric to anything standard. It's very useful, but I don't even remember where I got it. If you try to download it, let me know if it works for you.
              Attached Files
              The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide. - Tyler Durden

Comment

A friend gave me this info. It's part of a larger data sheet from the web. I copied it but did not save the website as a shortcut. If anyone wants to know what fits other makes and models PM me. If I can locate the original source again I'll post it.

Found it! http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

These are the recommended filters for FZ1.
                All have superior filtering.

About 2.5 inches long:

Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6.
                Mobil M1-108, about $12.
                Bosch 3300, about $6.

About 3.25 inches long:

Purolator Pure One PL14610, about $6.
                Mobil 1 M1-110, about $10.
                Bosch 3323, about $6.
                WalMart SuperTech ST7317, about $2.
                Last edited by old77zrider; 07-24-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yamaha fuel filter part # = 1FK-24560-10-00

Anyone know what the specs are of it to get it else where? The hose in/out are 1/4" yes?
                  100,000 Mile Club
                  IBA member 41773

Comment

Another helpful piece of info is the coolant capacity, which according to the service manual is 2.4L or 2.53 US QT. ;)

Comment

Spark Plug Removal Wrench -GREAT

For spark plug removal I found the pictured (hopefully attached) Craftsman 14mm wrench that enabled removal without even lifting the tank. I used it with the spark plug socket from the FZ1 tool kit.
                      Features of the wrench include:
                      - Closed end has ratchet with small ratcheting movement
                      - You can [/B]set and lock [/B]the angle of the closed end
                      - Or you can let the closed end "float" so as you move the wrench handle, the angle of the closed end changes, enabling you to turn the socket. (A mini-lever)
                      - Either locked or floating, the closed end swivels about 270 degrees. (Photos show swivel to left only.. you have the same distance/angle to the right.)
                      - Fixed end is also 14mm

I think you can buy the wrench individually, but I got mine as part of a $52 (if I recall) set from Sears.

This makes plug removal (even for my very first time ever on a 4-cylinder) a breeze.
                      Attached Files

Comment

K&N pod filter: RU2920 for individual filters and RU2922 for two filters

Comment

Oil Filter

Originally posted by AndyW View Post
                          Because the Purolator is better..

Purolator Fuel Filter: F10024
                          Ride like you're invisible, cause they can't see you anyway.

Comment

Filter

Originally posted by gkeane View Post

Purolator Fuel Filter: F10024
                            That Purolator fits stock fuel filter assembly?

Thanks- Clay
                            Clay

Comment

I end up having to look up this page every time I go to the store, because I always forget my oil filter numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X