This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Overhaul Videos 1 & 2

I recently replaced the stock brakes lines, pads and fluid on my 07 FZ1. Thought it would might be a good subject for another FZ1 Video Tutorial. Even when I cut out most of the "fat" out of the video was running kinda long so I chopped it into two parts.

Part One

Part Two

Nice job. Although specific to the Gen 2, the same basic steps apply to Gen 1 as well.

Ultimate "white connector"/charging system/Regulator-Rectifier Fix
    Adjustable rearsets for the Gen 1

Comment

Yes

Last edited by CopperDog; 03-28-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you for taking the time to make these videos
        2004 Skunk
        2002 R1 - Track Bike
        2000 DRZ - Trail Bike

Comment

nice! You need to powercoat the rearseats and the passenger peg assemblies!
          2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S
          2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
          2017 Tiger Explorer XCa
          Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR, 14 S1000R

Comment

Nice videos C/D, thanks!
            09 FZ1- Cobalt
            Copperdawg Medium Speedscreen
            CRG RC2 Shorty Levers
            Throttle Rocker
            Throttle Meister
            TechSpec
            Proton Flush Mounts
            Bi Xenon HIDs
            Speedo Healer
            Power Bronze Lower Cowl
            Competition Werks Undertail
            Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
            OES Frame Sliders
            Bestem Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
            GB Racing Case Guards
            Pro Bolt Anodized Bolt Kit
            Cox Racing Radiator Guard
            Arrow Header
            Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On
            Two Bros Juice Box Pro
            BMC Air Filter
            AIS Plugged

Comment

Excellent as usual, and thanks! Oh, and your bike still looks great!
              "‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Comment

Nice video as always. I am getting ready to do this next week sometime and the video took a lot of the guess work out of it for me.
                2006 Nakid! |16t | SpeedoDRD | DanMoto CF Slipon | Shorty Levers | Bar End Mirrors | Fender Eliminator | Integrated LED (Smoked) turn/brake lights | Plugged AIS | 12v Outlet | Heated Grip Pads | Tank Mounted GPS/Phone Mount | Round Headlight | Givi Windscreen | Easton Bars/Clamps

Comment

Nice tip on using the sprayer. I wasted 20 bucks on a mityvac.
                  2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy

Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD 400E, '79 400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

very nice video.....where did you find the front line with the "T" in it??? that would make for a clean stock looking install.....

Comment

Originally posted by zippypaul View Post
                      very nice video.....where did you find the front line with the "T" in it??? that would make for a clean stock looking install.....
                      Curious myself... about to install a CORE Moto stainless set, front and rear. Anyone run into any issues installing these "GP" style stacked lines as opposed to the stock "T" joint?
                      '07 Raven - Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII w/Ivan's Map, CF-CF Akra slip-on, Lars' Airbox Mod, K&N Filter, CoreMoto Braided-Stainless, PSR GP Levers, PSR Blockoffs, Rizoma Rearsets, Supersprox w/D.I.D. 530, Throttlemeisters w/Spider Grips.
                      Shad Top Case, SW-Motech Blaze Panniers, Spencer's Seat Mods, Zero Gravity Touring Screen, PIAA Xtreme White Plus, Rizoma Zero-11 signals, Powder-coated everything, Fender Elim, Custom Dynamics LED tail, and lotsa pretty LED marker lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by molitorjason View Post
                        Anyone run into any issues installing these "GP" style stacked lines as opposed to the stock "T" joint?
                        Nope. I installed the "race routed" braided lines with the double banjo bolt (Goodridge Shadow series) just a few days ago.

Comment

Hi, I am new to overhaul a master caliper and would like to seek info on how to remove piston because dual pistons facing each other seems not much room for that to be removed. Please advise. Thank u.

Comment

Brake

Hello,
                            Seems like no one will reply to the queries here at this section. I just bought the Amsoil dot 4 600 series brake fluid, will do a fluid change tomorrow. If not necessary then will not replace or overhaul the calipers. This fluid claimed that can be mixed with dot 3 and 5.1, but for my info if using 5.1 seems like must flush system in order to top up with 5.1. Anyone got info on this?

Comment

Remove the brake pads and pump the brakes. It should be THAT simple.
                              Loosenut
                              A.K.A. Mike
                              YouTube channel - Loosenut FZ

2016 Yamaha FZ-09
                              1997 Honda GoldWing
                              2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)

Comment

Working...
                              X