This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickpeh View Post
    Hi, I am new to overhaul a master caliper and would like to seek info on how to remove piston because dual pistons facing each other seems not much room for that to be removed. Please advise. Thank u.
    After you have the calipers off the bike leave the pads in between the pistons and blow some compressed air (does not need to be a lot) into the hole the brake line goes in to. That should pop the pistons out enough to get at the grunge with a tooth brush dipped in brake fluid (remove the pads before you clean). You can be more thorough and remove the pistons and clean the holes they go into but be careful not to damage the seals.
    PCIII, Ivan's Flash, Scorpion can, BMC filter, Speedo DRD, highway pegs, passenger peg extenders, CopperDog Speedscreen, Rad-Guard, R1 Shock with Satan's adapter and HyperPro spring, heated grips, C&R shorty levers, modified Top Sellerie, accessory outlets, NEP CC and Paint by BDS Cycles

Comment

Great vids CopperDog!! I watched your video on installation of an aftermarket exhaust via youtube prior to installing my Leo Vince Moto GP style exhaust, and your videos answered every small question I had about the process, keep them coming, big fan!!

Comment

This is timely because I want to get a new braided line from PJ's Parts for my birthday.

Thank you very much CD!!!
        '06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Comment

My thanks are extended to CopperDog also. As he did I used the braided lines from PJ Parts (Fren Tubo) which are a very nice piece of kit. No problems fitting the front lines but after fitting the rear lines I had to take up a lot of slack on the foot lever - why I don't know at this stage. Any ideas would be welcome. Certainly no air in the line.

Comment

I'm prepping for caliper overhaul but am having trouble finding the caliper pistion seals. Anyone know where they can be found?

Best,
            Ron
            "The Few. The Proud. The Marines!"

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.

Comment

Wemoto.com They offer stainless steel caliper pistons too.
              Ivans reflash, Carozerria wheels, Rizoma bars, Lars airbox mod, cat gutted, air injection removed, Corbin seats, ebay levers, Alth rotors, 1" lowering link, 3/4" fork tube raise, Power commander5, stainless front lines

Comment

Thanks for the videos, they did help make my decision to get Fren Tubo lines. That being said I found that the installation wasn't as smooth for me as it seemed on the vid but I did finish the fronts and other than some tool marks on the T-fitting all went well.

Your $.99 pump idea also worked once all the leaks were found.

Comment

Working...
                X