Never in a million years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never in a million years

Did I ever think I'd be contemplating selling my bikes. Over the last several years I've hardly ridden them at all. So, I've been going back and forth on selling the FJR and the DRZ. Been putting my money towards this beast:
    2021-04-04 13.22.29.jpg
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

What year is the FJR? I might be interested. PM me if you decide to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlfman View Post
      Did I ever think I'd be contemplating selling my bikes. Over the last several years I've hardly ridden them at all. So, I've been going back and forth on selling the FJR and the DRZ. Been putting my money towards this beast:
      2021-04-04 13.22.29.jpg
      Well, a Doberman is a great beast in which to invest!

Comment

Originally posted by old77zrider View Post
        What year is the FJR? I might be interested. PM me if you decide to sell it.
        2013 with lots of upgraades including AK20s and Penske.
        Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

Funny, I went the other way. Sold the rock crawlers and bought bikes.

Chuck P
          2003 FZ1
          2007 FJR1300A
          http://www.oldjeep.com

Comment

Originally posted by oldjeep View Post
            Same. I'll return to wheelin once i cant ride. I hope.
            05 fz1, 91 rgv250, 86 gszr750 custom, 86 gsxr1100 survivor. Cause bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlfman View Post

2013 with lots of upgraades including AK20s and Penske.
              Nice!

Comment

Same here. It seems that lately, the last year or so, I just don't seem to get the same enjoyment out of riding that I used to. Thinking of selling my FJR and putting the $ towards some new woodworking tools.

Comment

It got demystified, and less of a letdown of why priorities of passions change when I realized what I'm chasing in my passions is living in the moment. I can't think of a single thing I really enjoy that doesn't force me to live in the present when I'm doing them at my absolute best.
                  '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

Originally posted by oldjeep View Post
                    I had both bikes and a wrangler. Stopped using the wrangler so I sold it.

Comment

No loss of desire to ride. Taking care of an elderly relative forced me cut back to just 10K last year. Would like to do double that.

Comment

Wlfman I can totally understand the logic and not only is that a rad looking wilderness assault vehicle but.........hell yeah the dog gets to come too! Righteous

Comment

Originally posted by roundhouse View Post

I had both bikes and a wrangler. Stopped using the wrangler so I sold it.
                          I got rid of the last rock crawler when the last kid went to college. Maybe I'll build another one someday.
                          PA110041s.jpg
                          Chuck P
                          2003 FZ1
                          2007 FJR1300A

Comment

Mine was never that hardcore. It was my 1 of 4 daily driver. I rode one of my bikes 90% of the time.

I enjoyed it when my son was younger. He loved going on 3-4 day outings with local jeep clubs. Like you, college ended it.

Guess we can be happy our kids are at least making good choices...school first.

Comment

Originally posted by roundhouse View Post
                              Mine was never that hardcore. It was my 1 of 4 daily driver. I rode one of my bikes 90% of the time.

I enjoyed it when my son was younger. He loved going on 3-4 day outings with local jeep clubs. Like you, college ended it.

Guess we can be happy our kids are at least making good choices...school first.
                              That one was a daily driver. This one was hardcore - although I did drive it on the road occassionally ;) This kids in the jeep are now 23 and 30
                              carb 013.jpg
                              Chuck P
                              2003 FZ1
                              2007 FJR1300A

Comment

Working...
                              X