More Random Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fz1azul View Post

The Canon 90D is a fantastic camera! 32.5 mega-pixel, 4K video, super low-light performance, wi-fi, articulating touch-screen. I know a couple of people who have one & they get some awesome images with it. I've seen it for about $1600 when paired with an 18-135mm 'kit' lens (still a good lens). For $1800, that might be with the 24-105mm lens.
    With either configuration, you will finally 'capture' that elusive Road-Runner ... in a great photo, anyway.

Thats what I needed! Real world experience. I am saving money and hope to buy it EOM, or sooner. I am working like a nut again.
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post

Thats what I needed! Real world experience. I am saving money and hope to buy it EOM, or sooner. I am working like a nut again.
      I know you would be pleased with the images the 90D produces, and a 32.5 mps sensor provides mucho digital data for stunning edited photographs. But I 'd be remiss if I didn't inquire on how you're going to use this camera. I assume you're intending on obtaining at least one additional lens, as the huge variety (in focal length, optical quality and $$) of lens are a major reason folks purchase a DSLR. An 18-135mm lens will do a lot, but might be a bit on the short end for photographing birds or motorsports. Telephoto EF lens from Canon and others can range in cost from under $300 to $10,000+.
      It's also bigger and heavier than some alternatives, which makes a difference when hanging from a strap around your neck for hours.
      We've been enjoying awesome photographs from okaugust in this thread for years. Her photography skills are what really make those pix, but she does it with a Nikon P900 all-in-one bridge camera, a fine piece of equipment that has a built-in wide to telephoto lens that is the equivalent to a 24 to 2000mm zoom lens on a full-frame DSLR. More compact in size, weighs only 2 lbs and costs half what the 90D & lens does.
      So, the geek in me is saying "oooo ... Get the 90D, get it, get it.". But the old fart voice in my head says "is this something you will really use?" Clear as mud, right?
      Doug Smith
      Blue '01

Comment

• Azul, I'm feeling the same. Yeah, save $, yeah the smaller camera will do but, isnt this a lens "size" kinda thing? Buwhahahaha

In the end, my cheapness will probably win. I figure I can take ham fisted bad pictures on a cheaper camera and say, "If I only had the 90, it'd be a better picture." (I need plausible deniability due to my ineptness with a camera) Like learning to ride, you don't go buy a "Busa, you go buy an SV650. I am grateful for all your tips and info. Pretty soon, I'll be polluting the forum with bad shots.
        Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

Comment

• Birds @ the zoo ...
          Nicobar pigeon (Australia)

Zebra Pigeon (Australia)

Straw Necked Ibis (Australia)

Masked Plover (Australia)

Great Crowned Pigeon (Australia)

West African Crowned Crane

American Flamingo

American Bald Eagle

Doug Smith
          Blue '01

Comment

• Punishment is its own reward. IBA MEMBER 27716!

Comment

• Ahem, yes, back on topic. Fab birdy shots.

Comment

• Thanks, Wile. I'm glad to get out and go SOMEWHERE nowadays. If'n the 'rona' wasn't screwing up life, I'd be pointing that big-ass lens towards Turn 15 at COTA, getting me some MotoGP pix.

There are some automotive and aviation events/shows over the next month to go to, if mother nature cooperates. ..
                Doug Smith
                Blue '01

Comment

• Mrs. fz1azul & I went looking for some rolling hills in the country that might be covered with a carpet of (short duration) Blue Bonnets. After a few hours searching, we found a patch ... in a drainage ditch not a mile from our house.

Even saw an Albino Bonnet among the blues.

In our quest for fields of blue, we ended up in Johnson City, hometown of President Lyndon B. Johnson. So, we stopped at some historical sites & LBI Ranch, now a historical national park.

Chillin' in the front of the Texas White House ...

Doug Smith
                  Blue '01

Comment

• Cool pictures
                    Never ride faster than you guardian angel can fly

Comment

• Awesome! Love the black and white photo abs the wife photo!
                      Punishment is its own reward. IBA MEMBER 27716!

Comment

• Originally posted by unfazedone View Post
                        Cool pictures
                        Originally posted by okaugust View Post
                        Awesome! Love the black and white photo abs the wife photo!
                        Thanks! I was playing with the B&W options in the free 'fotor' app and liked the results. A photo of the old county jail ...

was filtered as an old, faded B&W
                        Doug Smith
                        Blue '01

Comment

• Went back in time on Saturday ...

... well, in my mind, anyway.
                          The time-travelling Delorean was among the 447 entries at the Texas Corvette Associations' annual car show (last years event was a causality of 'rona.) Held in the nearby city of Boerne, they had to barricade five city blocks of Main Street and the town square to accommodate the show entries of a lot of Corvettes and other vehicles. I'm still sorting through a ton of pix, but here's a few extracted from the digital pile.

Doug Smith
                          Blue '01

Comment

• Lots 'o Vettes & other motorcars, spread all over the little Texas downtown of Boerne.

Doug Smith
                            Blue '01

Comment

• It's been pretty quiet in this thread ....

...... too quiet.

Wings over South Texas Airshow in Corpus ...

Last edited by fz1azul; 05-08-2021, 09:17 PM.
                              Doug Smith
                              Blue '01

Comment

• Originally posted by fz1azul View Post
                                It's been pretty quiet in this thread ....

...... too quiet.

Those pictures definitely woke it up again

Never ride faster than you guardian angel can fly

Comment

Working...
                                X