Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradd
    replied
    Over the weekend Home Depot had all this for $169, it arrived yesterday. The drill bit set was way nicer than I expected, just said includes bit set. The drill bit set and the drill (bare tool) would normally sell for more than wait I paid.

drill.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WileECoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by _Will_ View Post
    Been looking for months for a deal on a pair of well armored goretex gloves with little insulation so they’d be comfortable in summer storms. All that and inexpensive isn’t a common combination. I was researching these after seeing a used short pair for 129 for sale, imagine my surprise at finding Twisted Throttle had my size on clearance in the long glove for 120 shipped to my door. Lifetime warranty and checks all the boxes, can’t beat that.
    So, they do make canned ham sized gloves...……………………………….

Leave a comment:

• _Will_
    replied
    Been looking for months for a deal on a pair of well armored goretex gloves with little insulation so they’d be comfortable in summer storms. All that and inexpensive isn’t a common combination. I was researching these after seeing a used short pair for 129 for sale, imagine my surprise at finding Twisted Throttle had my size on clearance in the long glove for 120 shipped to my door. Lifetime warranty and checks all the boxes, can’t beat that.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hooligan998
    replied
    Not the Aerostitch that I want, but it certainly has some great features for the price I paid. Sedici Avventura 2 piece 4 season riding suit. It has full length rain and thermal liners, vents and pockets galore. At this point, the only drawbacks I notice are no zippered legs on liners so boots have to come off to don and doff the suit, and the main zippers are left handed, but I can get used to that.

Overall the suit got real good reviews and I talked to a few owners who highly recommended it.

I bought it at Cycle Gear get in Richmond, VA. I wanted to actuality try it on and I'm glad I did. I got an in store discount plus a veterans discount and saved about $100 off the final price. Rang up a tick under $400, so I'm pretty happy with that.

20210208_221204.jpg 20210208_221151.jpg 20210208_221138.jpg

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    Originally posted by fz1azul View Post

Love the old Astatic D-104 mic ... used to have one on my Yaesu Ft-101B back in the late 80's
    Renewed my Advanced class ticket in December, and I sometimes get on 20 or 40 meters with my 'modern' Icom IC-720A & old Butternut ground mounted vertical. With the exception of a cheap Baufeng talkie, all my Ham gear is 30+ yo. 73 - KI5AT
    Ha, yes the "lollipop" does work and looks neat, but I'm on the lookout for decently priced MC-50. Hopefully hit up a fest this year if they have one nearby. Looks like Dayton is planning to be held but doubt I'll go.

While not new to rf/electronics, I am relatively new to ham radio, April 2018. Mostly local 2m/440 repeater stuff but now getting into hf, DSTAR, and DMR. Still need to get my OCFD strung up properly to reach out on 20/40/80. Then at some point run a long piece of wire for 160 since I have plenty of space here.

I started with a TYT ht, and those China units do work well. You have excellent vintage gear, it simply works, hard to argue with that. Cool! Once I get the dipole up I'll advise and maybe we can make a QSO.

I see where you dough goes....nice glass for the camera! Looking forward to seeing some more of those shots.

Leave a comment:

• fz1azul
    replied
    Just got a new super-tele lens - Sigma 150-600 mm. Two levels of stabilization, plus two custom settings you can program ( & firmware updates) via an optional USB docking 'puck'. Still getting used to shooting with almost 5 lbs of glass attached to the DSLR. Was planning on using it at air shows and MotoGP @ COTA ... that probably won't be until 2022.
    image_149357.jpg

Sigma150-600_1b.jpg
    CrescentBend_2-6_29c.jpg .

Leave a comment:

• fz1azul
    replied
    Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
    image_149352.jpg Duplicate post. Ugggh. Anyway, I'll throw in a pic of the old Kenwood and the new Anytone.
    Love the old Astatic D-104 mic ... used to have one on my Yaesu Ft-101B back in the late 80's
    Renewed my Advanced class ticket in December, and I sometimes get on 20 or 40 meters with my 'modern' Icom IC-720A & old Butternut ground mounted vertical. With the exception of a cheap Baufeng talkie, all my Ham gear is 30+ yo. 73 - KI5AT

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    Originally posted by isleoman View Post

Nice, You could talk to Tierra del Fuego with that set up. Do most ham operators speak English?
    Once the antenna is up correctly, I should be able to communicate simplex to just about any point on the planet, dependent upon a few variables. No repeaters, no cell towers, no satellites required. Radio to radio. Many operators do speak English, but not all. Most? My guess is yes.

Haven't figured out multiquote function on the new setup.

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    image_149352.jpg Duplicate post. Ugggh. Anyway, I'll throw in a pic of the old Kenwood and the new Anytone.
    Last edited by iluvmyfz1; 02-05-2021, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    Originally posted by FUP View Post

What class license do you have?
    001.JPG
    General atm. KN4LJR Relatively new to ham operating and still working to get on HF myself. With the recent move it has been difficult to find time to get the antenna up. MaxCon OCFD that needs to be strung up. Also have a KW TS520SE, a classic. The 705 has been on my radar since early last year, lots of internal debate but in the end after researching and hearing what/how others are using it, I decided it was indeed a rig for me.

It is primarily a QRP rig (had earlier considered a KX2/3), so will be great for hiking the hills here for SOTA and POTA, as well as being compact enough to transport on the bike for remote ops along the way. BRP locations should be fun! Yet, if you want more power or a tuner, simply add it. Many have already done so and it works as expected, just make the proper measurements for noise, spurs, out of band emissions, etc.

It is a modern rig with all the widgets like Bluetooth, WiFi, DSTAR, A/D-PRS, etc, so it isn't like buying 10-20 yo tech at todays prices. Nothing wrong with the older stuff, but this thing packs a ton of stuff in a small box. Only using 2m/440 atm, and have managed to now get on DSTAR, since there are several repeaters about 1000' up the mountain. Nice mix of 2m, 440, and 23cm, with FM, DSTAR, and DMR. I'm putting together a PiStar MMDVM for travel use.

A couple of weeks ago also picked up a AnyTone D878 Plus, for the DMR action here. It has BT audio/ptt so will be the HT that eventually gets the most use around the property here.

Like motorcycles, ham radio can put a dent in the budget.

KN4LJR

Leave a comment:

• LiquidSilver
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
    Ordered a new truck awhile back and it came in this week, my 2015 had 190k on it and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore.

I could see that fear if it was a Dodge.
    I took my then 22 year old F 150 to Wisconsin with 290k of local miles. The final miles total on that truck was 392k and was only on the hook once while I owned it.

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied
    After participating in Winter Field Day with our local ham radio club, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I've been debating for the last few months and this is truly a "ham shack in a box". HF down to 160m, up through the 70cm/440 band, AM, FM, SSB, D-STAR, APRS, DPRS, GPS.....yada, yada, yada.

Small enough to carry on the bike for operating out in the field across many bands and modes.
    What class license do you have?
    001.JPG

Leave a comment:

• _Will_
    replied
    Nice looking truck Mike.

I’ve got the 360 camera and sensors on my Infiniti, definitely nice and useful in difficult parking situations. It was a big change from using just mirrors backing into spots to having cameras and sensors galore.

Leave a comment:

• Torchsport
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry1976 View Post
    Ordered a new truck awhile back and it came in this week, my 2015 had 190k on it and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it on long trips anymore.
    This one has the 6.2 litre , 10 speed auto, adaptive cruise, 360 degree camera system ETC...
    Nice. The 360 camera is sweet. Have it on my Titan XD.
    That adaptive cruise is something I can't get used to. I personally hate it.

Leave a comment:

• isleoman
    replied
    After participating in Winter Field Day with our local ham radio club, I decided to pull the trigger on this. I've been debating for the last few months and this is truly a "ham shack in a box". HF down to 160m, up through the 70cm/440 band, AM, FM, SSB, D-STAR, APRS, DPRS, GPS.....yada, yada, yada.

Small enough to carry on the bike for operating out in the field across many bands and modes.
    Nice, You could talk to Tierra del Fuego with that set up. Do most ham operators speak English?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X