Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although not for me, i bought my gf some riding gear for Christmas. She has been rocking my old fly mesh jacket that was way to big on her. This is the one she wanted and go figure with ALL the holiday deals out there this was the one danm jacket that never went on sale. But at least i got some zilla cash out of it.

They had the same one at my local yamaha dealer, but they wanted $25 more and wouldnt budge on the price or throw in anything extra, its a shame, i much rather support my local dealer.
    Attached Files
    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by grommet View Post
      I checked out all the tile saws available at Lowes and Home Depot
      Curious why you didn't just rent one?

I know it's a big job but you could stage all the cutting to be done at once.
      '01 FZ1 set up for distance
      '07 FZ1 set up for fun
      (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
        Although not for me, i bought my gf some riding gear for Christmas. She has been rocking my old fly mesh jacket that was way to big on her. This is the one she wanted and go figure with ALL the holiday deals out there this was the one danm jacket that never went on sale. But at least i got some zilla cash out of it.

They had the same one at my local yamaha dealer, but they wanted $25 more and wouldnt budge on the price or throw in anything extra, its a shame, i much rather support my local dealer.
        Right....gf...ok...if you say so bro.
        Nothing wrong with wearing pink.
        You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!
        Dan Aykroyd

Past Rides: Kawasaki KX80, Honda CB350, CAN-AM 125 Qualifier, CAN-AM 250MX, CAN-AM 500MX, 1990 Kawasaki ZX6, 2001/2003 KLR 650, 2006 Yamaha FZ1
        Current Rides: 2012 Yamaha FZ1/2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Comment

• tis a progressive world we live in.
          Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post

First, the work will take several months to complete. 3 bathroom complete remodels, down to studs, with tiled/stone showers and tile halfway up the walls. And new countertops. One of those jobs will involve expanding the bathroom into what is currently a small bedroom, and making the rest of that bedroom into a pantry. (It was a maid's quarters right off the laundry/utility room) The project will also involve a complete kitchen remodel, with several changes to the current floor area due to removing the existing small pantry, built-in ovens, a small desk area, and a built-in whole-wall cabinet area at the end of the dining room.

Second, I can't even imagine the complexity and opportunity for errors when staging cut pieces. Maybe it's just the way I work, but even with the wood floors I've been installing, there have been numerous occasions where I had to hand-work a piece several times to get it to fit just right.

It was $270. I can imagine a few weekend rentals, and the time/hassle to drive to pick up/drop off, eating up that amount of money easily. Plus now I get to keep the saw forever.

My way of doing home remodeling probably isn't for everyone, but . . .
            Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• ^ +10000. When I did hardwood floors several years ago, I had people ask why I bought a floor stapler (Bostich, ~$400 or so) instead of renting one. Exact same reasons as you mention. Plus, have you seen some rental tools? I wasn't about to risk messing up the floors due to a poorly maintained/abused floor stapler.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post

Now Andy, do I have to point out the ultimate wisdom that is.........

Grommet?
                Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Hehe.. I am a FIRM believer in buying a good tool if I know I would use it at some point in the future.. I just consider flooring a "once in my lifetime" endeavour!
                  '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                  '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                  (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Rental tools have seen better days, nailers and tile cutting stuff I purchase as the projects take a long time.
                    Grommet said lipage... lippage...is that a french toy ?

The FZ-10 is awesome, smoking a chicken using alternating current only seems right noting it's Arkie, enduro in the snow on street tires...yes please.

I bought these BT speakers for the daughters after auditioning a few. Anker makes some quality product and these little things perform well above their weight. Amazing bass from a 7" package.
                    https://www.anker.com/products/varia...eaker/A3142011
                    Attached Files
                    It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

• This was a big purchase after years of looking at them and researching options.
                      Attached Files

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.

Comment

• 1971 MGB GT with wire wheels and overdrive tranny. 3300 bucks. Drove it home from Pittsburgh. Fun car -- no power steering or power brakes!
                        Attached Files
                        88 FZR400
                        90 FZR/YZF600 Track bike
                        93 FZR600 (Rescue Adoption - recovering in garage)
                        87 ZG1000 Concours
                        84 FJ1100
                        84 Laverda RGS1000
                        82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
                        81 Honda CB900f
                        75 Norton Commando 850
                        75 Triumph Trident T160
                        71 Honda SL175
                        67 BSA Bantam 175
                        67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Comment

• No convertible top to screw with either.
                          Nice find!!! Does it still have the strombergs or is it a holley weber conversion?
                          Don

Comment

• Originally posted by quazz View Post
                            This was a big purchase after years of looking at them and researching options.
                            Nice!
                            07 FZ1 lots of goodies
                            www.WileyLogHomes.com

Comment

• Nice catch Tom - love it!

Ron
                              "The Few. The Proud. The Marines!"

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Renda View Post
                                1971 MGB GT with wire wheels and overdrive tranny. 3300 bucks. Drove it home from Pittsburgh. Fun car -- no power steering or power brakes!
                                I love it! I used to take new MG's from ships to compounds and then onto trains for transport as my first job. It is a great sign that you could drive it all the way from Pittsburgh. This would not have been a sure thing even when new. After we had to clear a compound to put all the cars on trains the Japanese car compound would be empty but the BLM (MG's maker) compound would always have several remaining cars that wouldn't go. But we loved the BLM cars because they were fun. We would always run for the few Triumph Stags before someone else got there. They were V8s and super cool. I think they still look beautiful.
                                Attached Files

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.

Comment

Working...
                                X