Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reubswinks View Post
    Just picked this up yesterday. 06 Kx250. Now the modding begins. Need to make it into more of a trail/woods bike. Looking forward to playing in the dirt again.
    Heavy flywheel and a gnarly pipe will do wonders to tame it down for the woods.
    Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
      Heavy flywheel and a gnarly pipe will do wonders to tame it down for the woods.
      Yup. Both of those are on the top of my list.

Comment

• Here's the latest additions. BMW S1000XR and Husqvarna FE350. Still have also have the WR250R, which I need to get a picture of with it's fancy new plastics and graphics. I'll get a better action shot of the Husky soon. It is a little dirtier now but I still haven't put tubliss and real dirt tires on it yet. I'm roasting these TKC80's off on gravel and dirt roads around here.
        Attached Files
        Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• If you never used tubliss before... it takes a LOT of weight opposite of the rim lock to balance out the wheels. But mines smooth as glass up to 90 running a M5B.

Comment

• Originally posted by fermic37 View Post
            If you never used tubliss before... it takes a LOT of weight opposite of the rim lock to balance out the wheels. But mines smooth as glass up to 90 running a M5B.
            Thanks, I still have a few of the motion pro spoke weights to use. I put them on the WR and it's buttery smooth up to it's top speed, which is probably only 75 or so. I still am not sure which tires I want to get. The trails close to here are mostly clay and go from hard with rocks and roots to muddy and bust your butt slick every few hundred feet. Dealer recommended AT81's at 5-9 lbs depending on roads incl. or not. My biggest motivation isn't as much to haul, but not bust my butt. I'm also in the camp of paying extra for more frequent tire swaps for more control when it gets slick.
            I use D606 and MT21 on the WR, but I want more grip and compliance on this bike, and I don't really care about DOT as long as it works well, even though I will be on the roads a little. I know Tubliss isn't covered for road use either, but I've seen plenty of miles of it holding up just fine at reasonable speeds and pressures. I need a good hand pump for my tail bag though.

Comment

• Pretty new rides!

-T
              Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
              My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
              More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonger View Post
                Thanks, I still have a few of the motion pro spoke weights to use. I put them on the WR and it's buttery smooth up to it's top speed, which is probably only 75 or so. I still am not sure which tires I want to get. The trails close to here are mostly clay and go from hard with rocks and roots to muddy and bust your butt slick every few hundred feet. Dealer recommended AT81's at 5-9 lbs depending on roads incl. or not. My biggest motivation isn't as much to haul, but not bust my butt. I'm also in the camp of paying extra for more frequent tire swaps for more control when it gets slick.
                I use D606 and MT21 on the WR, but I want more grip and compliance on this bike, and I don't really care about DOT as long as it works well, even though I will be on the roads a little. I know Tubliss isn't covered for road use either, but I've seen plenty of miles of it holding up just fine at reasonable speeds and pressures. I need a good hand pump for my tail bag though.
                I was running the maxxis desert it. It doesn’t say for off-road use only and has a MC stamp on it. Really good tires, and I did a good bit of road riding with them and it didn’t chew them up. My dealer gave me an inspection sticker with them and tubliss installed

Comment

• For what it is worth...not running tubliss but recently put some Mitas M-23 Rockhoppers on my KTM and have been happy.
                  They are rated as a 60 offroad-40 onroad tire but are very aggressive imo.
                  And cheap!!!
                  Attached Files
                  You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!
                  Dan Aykroyd

Past Rides: Kawasaki KX80, Honda CB350, CAN-AM 125 Qualifier, CAN-AM 250MX, CAN-AM 500MX, 1990 Kawasaki ZX6, 2001/2003 KLR 650, 2006 Yamaha FZ1
                  Current Rides: 2012 Yamaha FZ1/2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Comment

• 23 Tons of gravel. Luckily my neighbor let me use his tractor and box blade
                    Attached Files
                    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

• I bought some Dynamoto Stands. I was curious and now that I'll be riding to work more often, doing the car, car ,bike, bike swap was going to get tedious. with these I can push the bike around with 1 hand and spin it on the spot in my thin carport. They will make life a lot easier. They make it real easy to get the bike through skinny gaps and roll over almost anything, including toes.... yep that hurt.

https://dynamoto.com.au/products/dynamoto-yamaha

I've kept my sharp racing stands for doing work on the bike as well.
                      Attached Files
                      Mods:
                      Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Comment

• Thank you for posting the stands, and keep us updated as to how you like them. MotoGP is using a more traditional looking stand that has the same swivel capability and I've been looking for them online, but can't find them. I've seen these, but the price is still pretty high.

Comment

• The build quality on these is phenomenal. They are built extremely well and over engineered! They will last a lifetime or two. I thought my Sharp Racing stands were built well compared to some others I have seen (the Sharp stands are also fantastic stands), but these take the top prize for sure.

My father in law has the Sharp stand with the trolley wheels on it, but that doesn't roll over concrete joins anywhere near as smoothly as these do.
                          Mods:
                          Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Comment

• My Cortech summer commuting gloves were getting beyond worn out. So I looked in the closeouts at Motorcyclegear.com and picked up 2 pairs. The AGV Aeromesh Gloves on the right, $12. And the AGV Sport Mercury Gloves on the left $21.

For that low a price I figured I'd buy 2 pairs. The Aeromesh seem really light, I haven't worn them riding yet. Might be OK for the grocery store but I probably won't wear them to work as part my commute involves speeds over 70mph (usually). The Sport Mercury gloves are still light and thin but seem to have a little more material in the palm and protection for the knuckles and 3M reflective material.

Neither is as good as my long leather gloves. But commuting in the summer I trade off some protection for ventilation.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Harbor Freight Lift after Andy posted the sale for $299.

So far so good and this is a game changer for sure, it will make working on bikes FUN again!

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”

Steve McQueen--On Any Sunday

Comment

• I have a weakness for Oakley’s. But only when they are 50%+ off.

Scored these Marc Márquez editions cheap.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X