Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post

Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses!

....cause the lighties hurt my head..................

One of the best tunez evahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Picked this up as I wanted something more permanent, versatile, and powerful, as a mobile rig. Now I can use the handie-talkie as intended.
      Attached Files
      -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
        Picked this up as I wanted something more permanent, versatile, and powerful, as a mobile rig. Now I can use the handie-talkie as intended.
        If I buy one, can we talk on a regular basis?
        Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

Comment

• Originally posted by sparky80 View Post
          Picked up this beaut last month and its been my daily as my "commute" to work is 2.5 miles. Since i live on a military base where the max speed anywhere is 45 mph, it makes sense. Been wanting a 2013 as the blue is perty. my 4 year old loves the scoot and we ride it almost everyday.

Already did a few free mods to it. Both headlights come on now for low beam, and disabled the kickstand switch. Scoot would only start with kickstand up.... that was annoying.

$17/yr insurance isn't bad either....
          What year? 125 I presume?

I love mine, 2008, and do the same thing with my son, but he's 10 (but small for 10). I added some cool Chinese rear footpegs as well that pop out with the push of a button and did the dual headlight mod too. Stock otherwise. Took it for about 20-25 mile ride last evening. I have no reservation about riding it anywhere other than Expressways. With my big ass, 55-57 is no problem on flat roads.

Originally posted by phydeaux View Post
          They make 2CT's in scooter size
          Good to know! I desire to throw it over but with being 250 makes that idea not a good one!
          2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
          1980 Yamaha XS650 Special II

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post
            If I buy one, can we talk on a regular basis?
            Probably. Maybe. It all depends. 2 meter VHF would require several repeater hops, so to talk simplex, radio to radio, you'd need the lower frequency HF bands. Radio and power are small part of the equation, freq band and antenna details make all the difference. Fairly new to amateur radio (but not rf and electronics) and only have Tech license at the moment but will be upgrading. So you'd need to get that as well. Tech is easy, then General, then Extra. Each one opening up frequency bands and modes of operation. Tests cover technical and regulatory stuff mostly.

Do it man. Cool stuff and lots to learn.
            -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• From PJ
              Great prices!

http://sportbikes4hire.com/

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”

Steve McQueen--On Any Sunday

Comment

• Ohhhhhh......in the purty gold toooooo.........

PJ is a great guy. Wish more would support him.

Comment

• Got a gold DID from PJ, it makes the bike look nice when its all cleaned up

Comment

Ohhhhhh......in the purty gold toooooo.........

Yep, spent many $100s back when he was PJsParts. Not so much lately but only because he doesn't have much for the FJR.
                    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"I ride not to add days to my life, but to add LIFE to my days."

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."

Comment

Ohhhhhh......in the purty gold toooooo.........

I send people in the facebook groups there all the time! Probably three times this week. People looking for brakes, Rizoma, Givi, whatever. I always send them his way.
                      Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• 2 robots:

iRobot Roomba 801:

Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus pool cleaner:

Both arrived today, so we put them to work immediately. No grace period.

I've been keeping up with the pool pretty well, but it takes a lot of time. Even with good chemistry, it's a lot of manual work to clean out the debris that falls to the bottom. And you never really get it all out. The first hour of pool robot use picked up a lot of silt, many small leave particles, and a bunch of roly polies. I guess roly polies don't float like most other bugs. When vacuuming the pool by hand, I'd seen the silt get kicked up as I vacuumed it, but it's very hard to actually pick it up. The robot seems to do a great job of this.

This roomba does not memorize rooms. It has a 'find perimeter' kind of algorithm that figures out the perimeter of the room, but then doesn't care where the furniture is. It seems to do a great job. We had a pool party for the kids from church yesterday, so there was a lot of grass and leaf particles, and some dirt, tracked in by them near the back door. It picked up all that stuff. I thought it would leave some of the residue stuck to the floor but it worked surprisingly well. (we have bamboo flooring in that area)

So far I give both machines good marks.
                        Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by grommet View Post
                          2 robots:

iRobot Roomba 801:

Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus pool cleaner:

Both arrived today, so we put them to work immediately. No grace period. 6

I've been keeping up with the pool pretty well, but it takes a lot of time. Even with good chemistry, it's a lot of manual work to clean out the debris that falls to the bottom. And you never really get it all out. The first hour of pool robot use picked up a lot of silt, many small leave particles, and a bunch of roly polies. I guess roly polies don't float like most other bugs. When vacuuming the pool by hand, I'd seen the silt get kicked up as I vacuumed it, but it's very hard to actually pick it up. The robot seems to do a great job of this.

This roomba does not memorize rooms. It has a 'find perimeter' kind of algorithm that figures out the perimeter of the room, but then doesn't care where the furniture is. It seems to do a great job. We had a pool party for the kids from church yesterday, so there was a lot of grass and leaf particles, and some dirt, tracked in by them near the back door. It picked up all that stuff. I thought it would leave some of the residue stuck to the floor but it worked surprisingly well. (we have bamboo flooring in that area)

So far I give both machines good marks.

Lazy bastage.........love you! hahahahaha..........

Looking into the wombah.........aint got no pool.

Comment

• There is an art to using a pool vacuum to clean the fine silt by not disturbing it until you are right over top of it. I tried a battery operated stick vac on a small 10 ft diameter pool. All the fine dirt went right through it's filter.
                            Don

Comment

• Got one of these guys for my Concours as there is an air bubble in the rear caliper that is impossible to get out. Everyone on the Concours forum uses one of those hand pumps that I find difficult to use with the reservoir just dangling. So opted for this baby. Hopefully, I may start bleeding brakes for $$ so I make up what I invested into this baby.
                              Attached Files
                              2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
                              2011 Kawasaki Concours14
                              2009 Yamaha FZ6

Comment

• +1000 on the Roomba. Had one for about 10 years now, re-celled the battery pack a couple times. Keeps hard floors tidy with minimal effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X