Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post
    Lazy bastage.........love you! hahahahaha..........

Looking into the wombah.........aint got no pool.

The roomba got in all the corners, under the fireplace, under the coffee table and end table, and picked up a good load of dust bunnies and dirt. Although I live in the city, my street is dirt so the dust in the house is a constant battle. I have swept that room at least 3 times in the past couple of weeks and the robot did a better job than I could. I suppose if I moved everything and really swept thoroughly, I could get all of it, but . . .

Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
    There is an art to using a pool vacuum to clean the fine silt by not disturbing it until you are right over top of it. I tried a battery operated stick vac on a small 10 ft diameter pool. All the fine dirt went right through it's filter.
    In the first hour it picked up a lot of silt. 2nd hour not as much. I'll have to see if I can still kick anything up. The water did cloud up very slightly but less than it does when we do it by hand.

So far very pleased with it. Just the first 2 hours of its use has saved me (or my son) several hours of manual work that most likely would have been less effective.
    Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
      +1000 on the Roomba. Had one for about 10 years now, re-celled the battery pack a couple times. Keeps hard floors tidy with minimal effort.
      Same. Amazon battery replacement after 3 years of 3x per week. It's awesome.
      Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Picked these two up. Very smooth writers. I really like Lamy fountain pens. The dark one is the Safari Charcoal and the silver one is the Al Star Graphite. Both are in Extra Fine nibs.

Anyone else here use a fountain pen? I need to write a lot for my job, and using a FP makes it very enjoyable. You can go down quite a rabbit hole if you get interested in FPs.
        Attached Files

Comment

• What is this "write" you speak of... you mean like scribes in ancient times??

Originally posted by okrider View Post
          Got one of these guys
          One of the best purchases I ever made. I can change oil without getting under the vehicle in 10 minutes. Drain plug has never been touched on my 2015 Sorento.

Never thought of using it to flush brake systems though! I'll have to try that!
          '01 FZ1 set up for distance
          '07 FZ1 set up for fun
          (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by val guy View Post
            Picked these two up. Very smooth writers. I really like Lamy fountain pens. The dark one is the Safari Charcoal and the silver one is the Al Star Graphite. Both are in Extra Fine nibs.

Anyone else here use a fountain pen? I need to write a lot for my job, and using a FP makes it very enjoyable. You can go down quite a rabbit hole if you get interested in FPs.
            Very nice! I have a Lamy that I write with every once in a while. Excellent product for the money. It's fun but could never adjust to writing with a fountain pen.

I have been using Uni-Ball Vision Elite's for the past few years, hooked a bunch of guys at work on them too.
            Current: '15 Tenere ES - 30k km, '07 FZ1 - 70k km
            Past : '06 FZ6 - 115k km, '06 KTM 625 SMC - 30k km, '06 V-Strom 650 - 80k km

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post
              What is this "write" you speak of... you mean like scribes in ancient times??

One of the best purchases I ever made. I can change oil without getting under the vehicle in 10 minutes. Drain plug has never been touched on my 2015 Sorento.

Never thought of using it to flush brake systems though! I'll have to try that!
              Turns out they sell a brake bleeding kit separate for $27 or something ridiculous like that for a couple hoses and plastic connectors. I am going to be grabbing the parts I need from the DIY garage I'm a member at. They have a hand pump with broken bits and pieces so they won't miss it.
              2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
              2011 Kawasaki Concours14
              2009 Yamaha FZ6

Comment

• What's this DIY garage?
                '07 FZ1 set up for fun

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Some larger city’s have a community garage that lets you come in and use tools and work on your own stuff for a membership fee.
                  Looking for another cheap gen2

Comment

• Hehe.. yeah, I get that.

As he's now my neighbor, I want specifics!
                    '07 FZ1 set up for fun

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyW View Post
                      Hehe.. yeah, I get that.

As he's now my neighbor, I want specifics!
                      Look up Brother Moto, it's mostly 20-25 year olds trying to get 40-50 year old bikes running. I just hang out with people mostly. Use some of their special tools.

Message me if you're interested. They are doing a hang out tomorrow with a hot dog popup. I'll be there. It's 5 minutes from where I live.

https://www.facebook.com/events/863588683830955/
                      2012 BMW S1000RR Premium
                      2011 Kawasaki Concours14
                      2009 Yamaha FZ6

Comment

• Ah, a Roomba. Would make a lot of sense for us, having two German Shepherds and hard wood throughout the first floor. Then again, I'm sure all that hair would fry one in no time.

-T
                        Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
                        My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
                        More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd S View Post
                          Ah, a Roomba. Would make a lot of sense for us, having two German Shepherds and hard wood throughout the first floor. Then again, I'm sure all that hair would fry one in no time.

-T
                          I had the same one for 6 years, mainly on wood floors to pick up dog hair. I have rebuilt it and replaced the battery a couple of times.

2019 Wr250r
                          2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Comment

Ah, a Roomba. Would make a lot of sense for us, having two German Shepherds and hard wood throughout the first floor. Then again, I'm sure all that hair would fry one in no time.

-T
                            That's where we have it for the cat. It's a dramatic difference from the floor to the first wooden stair step and a good reminder that it's time to clean when you can see the difference. They're very easy to dump/clean and the filters are dirt cheap on Amazon and last 6 mos at least. I also did the Amazon replacement battery at year 4 and it works like a charm. Probably $40 in maint parts over 4 years.
                            Brub Brrrrububb Brrrubbubbrubb...

Comment

• Have you ever seen the hair two German Shepherds can produce? This is honestly only about a 4-day pile between sweepings back in spring. And it goes like this for months.

-T
                              Attached Files
                              Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
                              My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
                              More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

Have you ever seen the hair two German Shepherds can produce? This is honestly only about a 4-day pile between sweepings back in spring. And it goes like this for months.

-T
                                You need this:

https://youtu.be/uNWpyX6A8-U

And if that doesn't cut it, there are other more industrial solutions.
                                Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X