Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one ^^^^

2019 Wr250r
    2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Comment

• If you have shop lights like I do with the twin 8' fluorescent tubes and you get tired of the ballast and/or bulbs going out, you may want to take a look at these. I have three such lights in my garage, so I just ordered three sets of these. I was kind of leery about how inexpensive they were, but decided to take a gamble. Reviews seem good. I am waiting for the temps to cool off a bit so I can change the bad set out. I know the other two will go eventually, so I preemptively ordered enough for all. I will take pics during the change out and the difference between the two post them up.

https://www.greenledzone.com/led-t8-...d-tube-lights/
      Attached Files
      "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by grommet View Post
        You need this:

https://youtu.be/uNWpyX6A8-U

And if that doesn't cut it, there are other more industrial solutions.
        Holy crap, it's $1100!

For that kind of money, I'll just sweep.

-T
        Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
        My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
        More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hooligan998 View Post
          If you have shop lights like I do with the twin 8' fluorescent tubes and you get tired of the ballast and/or bulbs going out, you may want to take a look at these. I have three such lights in my garage, so I just ordered three sets of these. I was kind of leery about how inexpensive they were, but decided to take a gamble. Reviews seem good. I am waiting for the temps to cool off a bit so I can change the bad set out. I know the other two will go eventually, so I preemptively ordered enough for all. I will take pics during the change out and the difference between the two post them up.

https://www.greenledzone.com/led-t8-...d-tube-lights/
          Hope you have better luck with cheap leds than I have. I’ve been back to repair many fixtures that have burned out before their expected date.

For shops I still recommend t5 fixtures. Relatively cheap repair costs, downside is short ballast life. With the older t8 stuff, you could get away with just changing the bulbs, but about 75% of the time with t5 it needs new ballasts if new tubes are not installed immediately after the old tubes burn out. Something about em seems to burn out the ballasts if not attended to.

But they are very very bright, nice mirror like reflectors built into the lights, so the light you used to lose with the t8 fixtures is now reflected back to the floor. They’re one of the few fixtures that are brighter the higher you can hang em.

T5 also has good color choices, 735 for a nice natural colored light, good for auto and body shops to see imperfections, or 841 for a brighter white light. You can try the 5000k color leds, but I know I wouldn’t be happy with them in the shop, that light color is too unnatural, and on certain things difficult to see.

Comment

• I had been buying these for about $24/ in singles. Looks like they are twofers now. Excellent operation over the last few years with zero faults. Bright, instant on, and tolerate cold temps in the teens. Lightweight and easy to use.

Ballasts and flourescent bulbs (and HID's....) are a thing of the past.

https://www.costco.com/Feit-4'-Linka...100410429.html
            -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• New roof on the house. After 19 years the standard 3 tab shingles were shot.
              The most unsatisfying $10k I've ever spent.
              Attached Files
              YAMAHA

Comment

• I did the same last year. 29 square. $14k. Ouch.

-T
                Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
                My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
                More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• I figure it's just easier to move every decade or so..
                  '01 FZ1 set up for distance
                  '07 FZ1 set up for fun
                  (both in the *faster* blue)

Which would you prefer?

Comment

• I sold my last house (which I built new) when it was 11 years old. That was 9 years ago, I noticed the new owners now have put a roof on it. Current house is 9 years old, I'm thinking of sell it in 5 or 6. Need to keep up with that never put a roof on plan

Comment

• I have 3500 plus a detached 3 car, all in shake shingles now. Looking at options for replacing it. Gonna be $$$.

Plus converting the attic to conditioned space and insulating the roof. Building science is expensive, but can save a lot down the road. Plus I'll save on insurance when the shakes are gone.
                      Patient zero.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.

Comment

• My house was built in 1998.... not looking forward to this or replacing the HVAC.
                        09 FZ1- Cobalt
                        Copperdawg Medium Speedscreen
                        CRG RC2 Shorty Levers
                        Throttle Rocker
                        Throttle Meister
                        TechSpec
                        Proton Flush Mounts
                        Bi Xenon HIDs
                        Speedo Healer
                        Power Bronze Lower Cowl
                        Competition Werks Undertail
                        Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
                        OES Frame Sliders
                        Bestem Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
                        GB Racing Case Guards
                        Pro Bolt Anodized Bolt Kit
                        Cox Racing Radiator Guard
                        Arrow Header
                        Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On
                        Two Bros Juice Box Pro
                        BMC Air Filter
                        AIS Plugged

Comment

• Originally posted by bradd View Post
                          I sold my last house (which I built new) when it was 11 years old.
                          You built your own home when you were 11 yrs old? Impressive. LOL
                          You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!
                          Dan Aykroyd

Past Rides: Kawasaki KX80, Honda CB350, CAN-AM 125 Qualifier, CAN-AM 250MX, CAN-AM 500MX, 1990 Kawasaki ZX6, 2001/2003 KLR 650, 2006 Yamaha FZ1
                          Current Rides: 2012 Yamaha FZ1/2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Comment

• NO!
                            He built the house when it was 11 years old. The lumber was well seasoned.
                            Don

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodys2718 View Post
                              My house was built in 1998.... not looking forward to this or replacing the HVAC.
                              Had mine built in '99. Was hoping it would last 2 more years when I'll be debt free, but I dont think it would've made it thru one more winter. Lots of pebbles on my sidewalks and deck after every rain. Plus they were curling up something terrible, and I developed a small leak in the garage. Needed to be done.
                              Had my 12'x20' shed done as well.
                              YAMAHA

Comment

• Not an exciting spend but 19 years and it was time. Is that your photo or are the top rows and courses done in MC Escher ?

2200 here is $12,000 so thank you hail and insurance company. A new roof is worth a 20% H/O discount for 7 years so there is that.

Encapsulated Foam Grommet. Suck out all the old and engineer for the added weight, golden. We had cedar shake too, the look got old and I thought it may spontaneously combust in our heat.
                                It's all about the good life and staying easy with the world - Lyle Lovett

Comment

Working...
                                X