Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jointbeaker View Post
    2 sets of 3d prints, and some TechSpec sheets to cut my own tank pad design.

Don't want to cover up the retro graphics, so I'm making my own.

cover the tank in saran, and then use painters tape to make a general layout of where I want the pads to go...

When done, take the saran off the tank, take a picture of it...import photo into Solidworks, and trace the design. Still need to make small changes to the small details, but I think it'll look nice, and be functional for where I like to position myself.

I'll make a left/right template once the material arrives...Ordered this stuff:

https://techspec-usa.com/products/gr...gh-fusion.html

For others who don't have jointbreaker's skill there has always been Tank Slapper for Gen 1 and Gen 2 tanks https://thetankslapper.biz/motorcycles/yamaha/ They come pre cut and my first set lasted 120K miles and my second set has about the same. Might be cheaper.

I like the clear ones...They make me feel like my crazy aunt who wrapped all her furniture in plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by glory racing View Post
      That is a large generator. Are you using it for aux house power?
      That will become the ultimate use once we build and are in the new house. Until then it is general use, backup, etc., that she can start by turning the key. EFI, so it does require the battery to run the fuel pump. Turn key, listen for buzz, start. I used the pull start first time, and it fired on about half a pull. I like that it has an hour meter and power usage meter.
      -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Originally posted by bmidd View Post
        Trying something new on the next one, just roughed in a house and threw in a Siemens 42 space panel, with an integrated transfer switch. The switch is made by Generac and switches half the panel to generator power. Went with a commercial MLO panel and added a breaker kit, so we will have more spaces to deal with. It eliminates that huge ass Generac transfer switch, which wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't surface mounted. Some of these big house I do end up with 2-200a panels, a generator panel and a transfer switch on one wall. It's ugly to look at.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Siemens-42-...ter/1000282733
        Sweet. Thanks for that info Brian! I'll make sure to add this or similar to the new place.
        -'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -

Comment

• Originally posted by isleoman View Post
          For others who don't have jointbreaker's skill there has always been Tank Slapper for Gen 1 and Gen 2 tanks https://thetankslapper.biz/motorcycles/yamaha/ They come pre cut and my first set lasted 120K miles and my second set has about the same. Might be cheaper.

I like the clear ones...They make me feel like my crazy aunt who wrapped all her furniture in plastic.
          I've heard of that website before, but never bookmarked it. When I searched before starting this process, it didn't come up.

If my design doesn't work out, or if it's just ugly (entirely possible), I think I'd like to go down this clear route.

Since you're working on your second set of parts...have you had any issues with the clear becoming yellow, like I've heard stories about with stomp grip in the past?

Appreciate the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by jointbeaker View Post
            I've heard of that website before, but never bookmarked it. When I searched before starting this process, it didn't come up.

If my design doesn't work out, or if it's just ugly (entirely possible), I think I'd like to go down this clear route.

Since you're working on your second set of parts...have you had any issues with the clear becoming yellow, like I've heard stories about with stomp grip in the past?

Appreciate the link.
            No yellowing that I can detect with a 2001 Black tank under a clear tank slapper. Their plastic is very durable and great protection against scratches and rubs.

Over time (like a decade) the impressions from things like your jacket's zipper remain evident (embedded) in the plastic, not through to the paint just like dimpled. I've had some success with soaking them in warm water to get them out.

Goes on easy and only lifts if you really rub an edge, but it only take a few minutes to squeegee it back down.

I'm going to get something similar for my truck's hood.

Comment

• Originally posted by isleoman View Post

Now is that just paint protection, or does it act as a gripper too?

Comment

• Originally posted by theunderfighter View Post
                Now is that just paint protection, or does it act as a gripper too?
                TankSlapper is not for the weak kneed.

(Sorry couldn't resist using that line)

It's a smooth vinyl film with a UV inhibitor applied with water/alcohol/squegee.

It doesn't have any protrusions or texture to increase grip.

If you wax the tank and the Tank Slapper film they will both be equally slippery. After a short ride the film will go back to being a little tacky.

In 240K miles the lack of grip has never been an issue.

I would think their #1 selling point would be "almost clear paint" protection.

Comment

• This past Friday I bought the wife a new (used) ride after her rig was totaled by a drunk driver - discussion and pictures here: http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=97

I decided to treat myself to a new ride as well and found and bought it today, Sunday. I've been hankering for a riding lawnmower and found a good deal on one nearby in Facebook Marketplace. It is a Kubota TG1860 Diesel with 54" cut deck and 480 hours on it. That little 18 HP Kubota 3 cyl diesel sounds sweet. That hydrostatic drive is nice as well, but I think I need to make a few linkage adjustments as the pedal is a little hard to find neutral. I mowed the front yard today even though we got 2" of rain yesterday. I probably shouldn't have done that because I left some pretty good tracks in the lower areas with this 959 pound mower plus my 215 pounds riding it.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by arkie6; 04-07-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• You need to lose some weight.

Maybe an aluminum deck or aluminum wheels.
                    Don

Comment

• Lithium battery and a slip on.

Comment

• Carbon Fiber Deck Lid.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post
                          You need to lose some weight.
                          Hey, I resemble that remark!

Maybe an aluminum deck or aluminum wheels.
                          Actually, the 959 pounds I quoted was just for the lawn tractor. The 54" deck weighs another 220 pounds.

This thing is built like a tank.

Comment

• We picked up our new Puppy Geddy yesterday. It hasn't even be 24 hours yet but so far he is doing great. He is a Golden Retriever, that is all we have ever had. He is a cute little fuzz ball.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I've been lax on posting stuff up. I gots the old girl some new shoes. Dunlop RS3's. Got them in time for the rebate too. I'll put them on the week before the rally to get them scrubbed in nicely.
                              Attached Files
                              "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

• And I've kind of gone a bit crazy on T-shirts. But I rarely ever buy myself clothes, so I guess I can do that once in a while. The "Goose" shirt I saw on my FB feed and thought it was just too cool. The other two I saw on RideApart and are from Wemoto over in West Sussex, England and the proceeds from these shirts benefit the air ambulance service they use at the Isle of Man TT races. The 2018 (multicolored one) one was on sale so I got that one as well.

And don't laugh at my old man slippers. They is comfy!!!
                                Attached Files
                                "Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X