Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I've started chemo, my leg strength ain't fer shit. Doc say's I'm not getting enough exercise........................ On average, I walk the plant all day and get 5 to 8 miles in a day. Then he say's "Not enough oxygen" Yet, I am in the 90's percentage................... soooooooooo W T F????

And old Todd-oh is smiling pretty. I imagine he likes that cruiser well enough. I may switch up and see how a low bike is for me.
    Last edited by WileECoyote; 04-14-2021, 05:44 PM. Reason: Added thoughts, don't complain, I dont often think................
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Chemo is tough on you, not that I know personally but from what others have experienced and what I have read. Good luck on your recovery.

Having both an FJR and a Gen1 I can say I love them both but with age especially I gravitate to the FJR. The wind protection, a little more comfortable. Raise the screen if I need it. I don't notice the weight once it is moving. I had to move the FJR a few feet the other day to get the front valve stem in position to check the pressure and in the garage it is certainly heavy!

Comment

• Originally posted by WileECoyote View Post
        Since I've started chemo, my leg strength ain't fer shit. ...

And old Todd-oh is smiling pretty. I imagine he likes that cruiser well enough. I may switch up and see how a low bike is for me.
        Hope all goes well with the chemo, bud. That shit'll knock you around, but it's better than the alternative.

And yeah, I like this Warrior. I spent a day in the SoCal mountains on Bill A's back in the day while he rode my old R1. His kind of scared the crap out of me as it had down pipes that liked to drag on hard right-handers. But I still liked it.

I look forward to putting some actual miles on it. My appointment to get tags is a week from tomorrow. Been hard to have it just sit in the garage and not take it for a spin. So I've been focusing on getting my daughter's gear together instead.

I've spent time on a Feejer and really liked it. If I were still in my mode of doing 4k-mile touring trips that'd be the bike I'd own. But I see my riding nowadays being far more casual. Trips for ice cream with one of my girls. Dropping my daughter off at school so she can be the cool kid. Maybe a chill ride with a friend to the Cape for a lobster roll. At 2500rpm @75mph, the Warrior just wants to cruise.

-T
        Swapped the '05 FZ1 for an '17 Ariens 28 Deluxe.
        My music: https://youtu.be/I51ScSCpOxU
        More of my music: shitftolow.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd S View Post
          Well, this big bad bike recently followed me home. Wife says we can keep it. 2006 Road Star Warrior, 4,100 miles, PCIII and a pipe and a K&N and dyno-tuned. Came with a 2nd heat-wrapped pipe that I'll probably sell. Also came with a Corbin and backrest that I put on after these pics—it'll be nice to take the kiddo to school next fall so she can be the cool kid.

It was nice to ride it home and be back on a bike for the first time in ~5 years. Was surprised how much I liked the windshield. Thought I'd part it out but I think I'll keep it. Now it has to sit for almost two weeks until I can get into an RMV and get plates.

-T

171707736_10160647378494256_4091154433391370391_n.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg
          Off topic, but how do you like the Colorado truck? I'm leaning towards the ZR2. Have you had any issues with it? Gas or diesel? Thanks for any help you can offer. Sweet ride, by the way!!!

Comment

• I like it. Mine's gas. Gets around 18-24 mpg which is nice. Great suspension, nice ride. Tows up to 7k lbs which tops the class (we have a 4500 lb (dry) camper). Diesel I think gets it to like 7800 lbs. And it's loaded for a lot less than the Tundra. Steering wheel heaters are niiiiice.

They had some notorious transmission issues with the 8sp auto which they apparently finally figured out for the 2020 year. Seems the trans oil used for the prior years attracted moisture, which led to about a 20% failure rate. New oil started going into the 2020s and later which apparently fixed it. Knock on wood. So if you're buying used, don't buy too used... I discovered this after buying it (it's a 2021, so hopefully I'm good). Only 5k miles on it since getting it last August.

-T

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd S View Post
              I like it. Mine's gas. Gets around 18-24 mpg which is nice. Great suspension, nice ride. Tows up to 7k lbs which tops the class (we have a 4500 lb (dry) camper). Diesel I think gets it to like 7800 lbs. And it's loaded for a lot less than the Tundra. Steering wheel heaters are niiiiice.

They had some notorious transmission issues with the 8sp auto which they apparently finally figured out for the 2020 year. Seems the trans oil used for the prior years attracted moisture, which led to about a 20% failure rate. New oil started going into the 2020s and later which apparently fixed it. Knock on wood. So if you're buying used, don't buy too used... I discovered this after buying it (it's a 2021, so hopefully I'm good). Only 5k miles on it since getting it last August.

-T
              Thanks! I'm looking at a ZR2, most likely in gas. I also heard about the transmission issues, but from what I can tell they've been sorted. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by val guy View Post

Thanks! I'm looking at a ZR2, most likely in gas. I also heard about the transmission issues, but from what I can tell they've been sorted. Thanks again!
                The ZR2 is awesome. But keep in mind it's a very different beast. Many parts for the standard Colorados won't work with the ZR2. So keep that in mind when going aftermarket.

I just put new side-step running boards and mud flaps on yesterday and I'm VERY happy with both the look and functionality. I think the last thing I have left to do is one of those flip over bed extenders.

-T

Comment

• Hubba Hubba
                  Attached Files
                  '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

• ooooooo...................dats nice
                    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

Comment

• Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
                      Hubba Hubba
                      Good quality. Looks like a Baldor motor. Uneven cylinders means 2 Stage. But for years Quincy was always among the loudest.
                      Don

Comment

• Don't try to force grease into those motor fittings. If grease doesn't go in easy the bearings are sealed and you can't get grease into them without disassembly and seal removal. So wait 5 years.
                        Edit: nevermind it looks like they stopped putting fittings on those motors.
                        Don

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidSilver View Post

Good quality. Looks like a Baldor motor. Uneven cylinders means 2 Stage. But for years Quincy was always among the loudest.
                          Good eye, it's a QT-54. Just a little bit overkill for my needs but too much is better than too little. I'm going to try it as is, if it's louder than I like I'll try insulated ducting from the intake up into a baffled foam box. If it's still too loud I'll switch to a 3 phase 5hp Baldor motor (got one on the shelf) with a VFD and then I can run lower rpm's when max CFM isn't required.
                          Attached Files
                          '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

• Might be worth just getting a better silencer/filter assembly. On mine I just extended the intake pipe and put a much larger filter on it.
                            Or you can go crazy like this ;)

Air compressor muffler (silencer) comparison - YouTube
                            Chuck P
                            2003 FZ1
                            2007 FJR1300A
                            http://www.oldjeep.com

Comment

• That's impressive, thanks for sharing oldjeep

Comment

• Cam chain tensioner for the FJR. Now I can put it all back together and actually ride it.
                                IMG_20210423_122514.jpg
                                Chuck P
                                2003 FZ1
                                2007 FJR1300A
                                http://www.oldjeep.com

Comment

Working...
                                X